Mods in Cyberpunk 2077?

+

Yes or no to mod-support?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is one of the main pluses of the mods for any game that a lot of devs kinda seem to ignore. Mods can make the game live on oh-so-long. Moddable SP games can easily outlive even MP-only games - what to say about unmoddable SP ones. Original Rome Total War still lives. Morrowind still lives. Heck, Arcanum still lives.
CDPR doesn't need to do much, actually. No need for official mods support either. Just don't code your archives way too much and make sure the game would be happy to load any user-changed and added files - and voila. If the game would be successful, the modding community will appear out of itself.
Most devs think that DLCs, usually minor and useless in terms of prolonging play time, are the way to keep interest. Of course thats bullshit but they wouldnt do it if there werent enough people who fall for this scam, which it is.

CDPR on the other hand, even without mod tools, never held the modders back even tho they did give us 16 FREE DLC and 2 really amazing expansions, which were very generously priced, especially BaW. They didnt expect the game to be played today im sure, but theyre probably happy that people still do play it and that thx to mods.

Gotta give a nod to those who made XCOM 2 as well tho, open to modding from the beginning and even support for it. The first one is moddable on GOG too.

There are too few game devs who go: DRM free, modding allowed or supported and free or well priced DLC/Expansions.

Shoutout to Paradox who tend to give quality DLC content for their games and also allow modding so theyre quite close to CDPR. Only some DLC are questionable on why they even have a price but theyre ok.

To go back to Cyberpunk 2077, im sure CDPR will at least allow modding, so we got nothing to fear there, maybe we do get mod tools at some point after release or with it too which if course gives non pro modders a chance to mod the game.

I for example only edit game files, thats the minimal modding i do and it tends to suffice for my needs. Otherwise i download them but that got rare since nexusmods went signup2download.

This is a game that could benefit a lot from mods, there is no doubt that adding mod support must be seriously considered.
Also it always attracts more people to buy your game and helps to create a community/hardcore fanbase around it that will be always there supporting and buying your products and merchandise.

it's in my experience that mod and cheats help tailor the gameplay to the gamer enjoyment and can sometime save game or extend the lifespan of a game (skyrim come to mind)

Without a doubt. Mod support is just that extra gift that keeps on giving from the developers, and developers that include mod support in their games are the ones I'm more likely to give my money to when I'm faced with a choice between a game with mod support and one without.

+1 for mods. +many for releasing RedEngine for other developers and making the editor available for them and modders alike,
"If you love something, set it free." Lol :)
From a bussiness perspective, I am not sure if that's a good idea.
From a gamer perspective they definitely should :)

Good mod tools (even better than skyrim) = longer life span for Cyberpunk2077.
If people can mod Cyberpunk2077 to be able to make anything possible, the game will continue to be purchased for even longer than the already long time people will be buying the game. People MANY years ahead would buy the game to enjoy the base original experience, and then because they want to experience the huge modding community and everything they created afterwards. Cyberpunk2077 has HUGE highly deserved HYPE and the game is going. to. blow. peoples. MINDS.
Now take that awesome burger, and add better modding support than skyrim, heck, better than any game has ever seen before, and you have the greatest masterpiece in gaming history that WILL NOT BE TOPPED BY ANYONE probably for more than 20 years easy. Best game ever + Best Modding support ever = WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN
DO IT CDPR.

From a bussiness perspective, I am not sure if that's a good idea.

Why not? If they make a competitive engine that others can use, they can make some commercial variant of it like Unreal and Unity do. They are doing OK. Though I personally prefer open source engines to advance to begin with.

Honestly if they hard stop say no to mods before the game launches, I likely just won't buy it. Having supported mods in previous games and then pulling that is a slap in the face. There's already things they've retracted on that disappoint me, don't let it be mods. At least with mods, people can fix/change the things they took away

Cyberpunk is one of my favorite themes, and quality cyberpunk videogames are rare. I want mod support if only to extend replay-ability. Because in my experience, this is going to have be my cyberpunk videogame fix for years to come.

Has CDPR mentioned if game files can be edited? Thats what most mod friendly companies do. Would be nice if this was a thing in Cyberpunk 2077.

as much as I like the work that some people get to achieve I guess mod support will take you away from the oficial structure of the game bases wich will quicly kill a bit of the gaming nature the developers want to make you feel. wich i think its to feel and live the game. think about your choices and about the steps you are going to take. if its safer or risky, stuff like that.

so for me its a no go. . .
but hey just my opinion..

I sure would but I’m almost certain there won’t be mod support. If you take into account how modding tools kept changing for each Witcher installment then with Witcher 3 you could see a definite turn towards having a severely limited mod support as opposed to the first two having modding tools that enabled creation of whole new adventures from scratch.

It’s only logical that were CP2077 to have mod support it would be either very limited or nonexistent.

Last edited:
as much as I like the work that some people get to achieve I guess mod support will take you away from the oficial structure of the game bases wich will quicly kill a bit of the gaming nature the developers want to make you feel. wich i think its to feel and live the game. think about your choices and about the steps you are going to take. if its safer or risky, stuff like that.

so for me its a no go. . .
but hey just my opinion..
Mod support often times enhancing the feeling of living the game. Some things that CDPR may not have thought of or just didn't implement can enhance the game for many. I'll be honest, them retracting on us being able to have more than the one apartment disappointed me. And word is we may not even be able to customize that one apartment. Mods would fix this along with some of the other complaints I'd have with this decision. Ultimately, it's your choice to use mods. Not supporting mods because you don't want to use them is just selfish, especially when you can almost guarantee there to be a third person perspective mod which will open up the game for a lot of people

Mod support often times enhancing the feeling of living the game. Some things that CDPR may not have thought of or just didn't implement can enhance the game for many. I'll be honest, them retracting on us being able to have more than the one apartment disappointed me. And word is we may not even be able to customize that one apartment. Mods would fix this along with some of the other complaints I'd have with this decision. Ultimately, it's your choice to use mods. Not supporting mods because you don't want to use them is just selfish, especially when you can almost guarantee there to be a third person perspective mod which will open up the game for a lot of people

it's not that I don't like I just don't care about it.... like I do like the Idea of having diferent appartments but I don't care for customize the appartment I think that all the standard costumization will be pretty enough...players can mod how much they want....if they want to bend the reality that the game represents is they're choice.. . .I still don't suport it . . .but it´s my opinion about this subject. it´s not being selfish. . I do support works made by lots o mods that can generate great ideas for developers in future upgrades. . . I'm a programmer myself so doesn´t make sense saying I'm selfish. I just prefer that way that's all :)

and you say:
"especially when you can almost guarantee there to be a third person perspective mod which will open up the game for a lot of people "
for me making that in a fpp it´s like playing a race game in a spectator perspective if you get my point.... and that´s not CDPR goal. in what concerns player's game perspective.
hope I made myself clear about this subject. and please don´t get me wrong just because I don´t support mod in cyberpunk.

Last edited:
it's not that I don't like I just don't care about it.... like I do like the Idea of having diferent appartments but I don't care for customize the appartment I think that all the standard costumization will be pretty enough...players can mod how much they want....if they want to bend the reality that the game represents is they're choice.. . .I still don't suport it . . .but it´s my opinion about this subject. it´s not being selfish. . I do support works made by lots o mods that can generate great ideas for developers in future upgrades. . . I'm a programmer myself so doesn´t make sense saying I'm selfish. I just prefer that way that's all :)
Maybe you're not understanding. By saying you don't support it, you are being selfish. No one cares if you don't use it, other want to. It's a single player game and doesn't affect you in the slightest so saying you don't want it to be supported is selfish. It's insane that anyone wouldn't support it as it doesn't affect you at all. That's the definition of selfishness

Maybe you're not understanding. By saying you don't support it, you are being selfish. No one cares if you don't use it, other want to. It's a single player game and doesn't affect you in the slightest so saying you don't want it to be supported is selfish. It's insane that anyone wouldn't support it as it doesn't affect you at all. That's the definition of selfishness

no it´s because I look forward for a MP game mode. and I think you agree with me if Mod if permitted with MP gaming... .sooner or later players will leave the usual game to go on and play mods....and that yes in my opinion is being selfish because the comunity will be set in the standard role play..singleplayer or multiplayer. but a big number of players willl leave the standard gaming to go play mods. . but it´s just my opinion and of course the majority of the community enjoys mods like I do... i just did not want in cyberpunk that´s all.... now if you don´t accept my decision...that´s being stubborn xD

no it´s because I look forward for a MP game mode. and I think you agree with me if Mod if permitted with MP gaming... .sooner or later players will leave the usual game to go on and play mods....and that yes in my opinion is being selfish because the comunity will be set in the standard role play..singleplayer or multiplayer. but a big number of players willl leave the standard gaming to go play mods. . but it´s just my opinion and of course the majority of the community enjoys mods like I do... i just did not want in cyberpunk that´s all.... now if you don´t accept my decision...that´s being stubborn xD
Interesting. I'm hoping they don't go through with multiplayer at all as it's taking away resources for the single player game :coolstory:

Interesting. I'm hoping they don't go through with multiplayer at all as it's taking away resources for the single player game :coolstory:

xD and I hope that they don´t go through with mods at all if it takes away players from a possible multiplayer game... anyway most voted yes so no point having this discussion m8.

I only posted my opinion. :)

xD and I hope that they don´t go through with mods at all if it takes away players from a possible multiplayer game... anyway most voted yes so no point having this discussion m8.

I only posted my opinion. :)
Best of both worlds would be a standalone game/download for multiplayer. This separates it from mods and doesn't take resources away from the single player dev team. Seems this is sort of the route they're going. Only 40 people working on multiplayer.

Top Bottom