Mods in Cyberpunk 2077?

+

Yes or no to mod-support?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm sure they aren't even remotely bothered by what we here on the forums happen to think about their toolkits.

In my opinion it also applies to all our wants and preferences. In the end it’s their game, their vision and we’re just along for the ride no matter how sad it might seem.

In my opinion it also applies to all our wants and preferences. In the end it’s their game, their vision and we’re just along for the ride no matter how sad it might seem.
Agree and disagree. They are, in the end, a publicly traded company. Their decisions (or indecisions) have bearing on their success. Gaining public opinion will only help them

While we all can agree that releasing modding tools would be ideal for the modding scene, at the very least CDPR could do would be to not actively prevent modding with their engine, or make it overly difficult to do so. I can't be sure if there's an actual correlation between the two, but games that don't allow modding, like Sleeping Dogs, or games that do allow rudimentary modding but make it so damn difficult that it borders on the point of active discouragement, like the State of Decay games, see the number of people playing and sales of the game in the years after release fade into obscurity, unlike Bethesda games. If The Witcher games allowed for the scope and scale of modding that, say, Skyrim has? I guarantee it would have a modding scene that would dwarf Skyrim and Fallout 4 combined and would sell more than Skyrim.

While we all can agree that releasing modding tools would be ideal for the modding scene, at the very least CDPR could do would be to not actively prevent modding with their engine, or make it overly difficult to do so. I can't be sure if there's an actual correlation between the two, but games that don't allow modding, like Sleeping Dogs, or games that do allow rudimentary modding but make it so damn difficult that it borders on the point of active discouragement, like the State of Decay games, see the number of people playing and sales of the game in the years after release fade into obscurity, unlike Bethesda games. If The Witcher games allowed for the scope and scale of modding that, say, Skyrim has? I guarantee it would have a modding scene that would dwarf Skyrim and Fallout 4 combined and would sell more than Skyrim.
Absolutely agree. There's MASSIVE mods in the pipeline for Fallout 4 that are full sized games. The potential is crazy. This would be the game to really get creative with

as much as I like the work that some people get to achieve I guess mod support will take you away from the oficial structure of the game bases wich will quicly kill a bit of the gaming nature the developers want to make you feel. wich i think its to feel and live the game. think about your choices and about the steps you are going to take. if its safer or risky, stuff like that.

so for me its a no go. . .
but hey just my opinion..
Thats not true at all. Games live longer thx to mods, look at Diablo 2, Witcher 3 and so on.

^ To add, this can also be somewhat circumvented by the devs releasing mod tools "a while" after release which is two birds with one stone / a compromise.

Or even realistic as you need to assume real work could only start on that after release due to resources or priorities.

Even the mod friendly Beth games needed a bit of time to prep their mod tools for the respective game, meaning you always had time to enjoy the game in "vanilla" before you could move to any sort of deep modding.

Hi! eyeryone

Highly versatile modKit :simple mean it like bethesda makes a Creation Kit tools for fallout and the elder scrolls series.
the 2077:cyberpunk 2077

I saw a report on September 4 from nichegamer. Understanding the 2077 also requires the development of multiplayer parts.
In fact, the company may indirectly confirm that the 2077 abandoned the Highly versatile modKit idea.
Although I am not a game engineer, but I often watch game reports and like to play Highly versatile modKits game.

The point is , game company can develop a multiplayer part of a third-person or first-person game, but no one has free time to develop this Highly versatile modKit tool.

Someone might want to say that cd projekt red company can do it. I will say it's b******t !
Anyway, expect moderate or too high, I do not recommend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any serious games that pursue multiplayer aren't going to have "Creation Kit" style modding since it would increase the exploitation footprint & make achieving balance difficult to say the least. I would rather have significant modding than multiplayer, but I mostly want a deep and variable single player experience which I feel great with everything I've seen so far. So long as I get what they've been talking about I'm good with or without modding/multiplayer.

Any serious games that pursue multiplayer aren't going to have "Creation Kit" style modding since it would increase the exploitation footprint & make achieving balance difficult to say the least. I would rather have significant modding than multiplayer, but I mostly want a deep and variable single player experience which I feel great with everything I've seen so far. So long as I get what they've been talking about I'm good with or without modding/multiplayer.
Really, we don't need a native devkit style modding tool. As long as they don't actively try to block methods modders use to replace/add content, it shouldn't be much of an issue. Obviously a native tool would be huge for modding but GTA V does just fine without native tools. It just uses common file types and allows for those to be injected into the gamefiles under a 'mod' partition. Single player game looks at that mod partition and runs those files in conjunction with the other game files. Online portion ignores that partition and scans the regular game file for modification. You can be banned if caught with modded game files. Then there's modded servers, but that's a different beast altogether

Well, a nice REDKIT Style mod tool would be quite nice to have.
But yeah i see that with MP it ll be a problem, since ppl ll try to use it there.
But it is possible to test the integrity of the gamefiles before you enter
MP, HW2 for example need the "same" game version to start MP matches.

So yes the ppl who wanted to play a match needed the same mod version
to play together. Not sure though how transferable this is to a game like CP77.

Specially since the scale of CP77 is much larger than the one of Homeworld 2.
(the Space RTS ofc)

Focus on the game,launch it and then give us the mod kit(the real one) maybe a couple of weeks after launch and watch as cyberpunk becomes the greatest game of all time.

with love- a witcher fan!

A mod kit is a no-brainer, for a wide variety of reasons, which have been discussed to death.

To recap for anyone who is just now seeing this thread:
  • Mods, verifiably and provably, help to give your game a long tail well after release. Why verifiable and provable? Dozens upon dozens of articles, YouTube Videos, etc. that put your game back in the headlines due to some big new mod, or a "Top X Mods for X game" list. I work in the industry, I can confirm this.
  • Mods allow players to fix bugs that the developers themselves are unable or unwilling to fix after a certain point in a games lifespan.
  • Mods have absolutely no impact on the core game whatsoever. If someone wants to play the game "Vanilla," without mods, they can. This is in contrast to forced changes that come with patches and/or DLC (not to say those changes are bad, just as an example).
Arguments against a mod kit are generally unconvincing to me, and rely on too many vague notions of "misplaced resources" (unmeasurable) or "I wouldn't use it so you shouldn't get it."

Arguments against a mod kit are generally unconvincing to me, and rely on too many vague notions of "misplaced resources" (unmeasurable) or "I wouldn't use it so you shouldn't get it."

This is mostly technical limitations to the engine. Making something as modable as Creation Engine takes a lot of years and iteration and Bethesda is investing more on this aspect for future titles as this was extremely important part of Skyrim success.

So I don't expect Red Engine to have this level of support, especially since a lot of tech used will be new. Which means the mods we can expect will be in the vein of replacing hair textures and not having unused door to lead to new area with stuff.

Voice acting is becoming significant limitation for modern game modding as its not possible to add something new and have existing PC/NPCs talk about it but in the future it will be possible to extend their voice lines with machine learning based text to speech.

This is mostly technical limitations to the engine. Making something as modable as Creation Engine takes a lot of years and iteration and Bethesda is investing more on this aspect for future titles as this was extremely important part of Skyrim success.

So I don't expect Red Engine to have this level of support, especially since a lot of tech used will be new. Which means the mods we can expect will be in the vein of replacing hair textures and not having unused door to lead to new area with stuff.

Voice acting is becoming significant limitation for modern game modding as its not possible to add something new and have existing PC/NPCs talk about it but in the future it will be possible to extend their voice lines with machine learning based text to speech.

It's valid to say "I don't think it will have Creation Kit levels of moddability." It's a statement of opinion, and not an unreasonable one by any means.

Not sure I'd agree that this must be the case because it takes "years of iteration" (are either you or me really knowledgeable enough about mod kit development to say that for a fact?), but you can certainly argue that it's unlikely.

But that's not what I'm asking for. The Witcher 3 got new and reworked perks and skills, new smaller features, reworked visuals and animations, alternate combat systems and the like. Nothing completely and totally game-changing like a massive overhaul or expansion-sized piece of content, but all very valuable, very entertaining, and very creatively impressive projects.

If CDPR arbitrarily decides that this is the game they want to stop fostering that sort of creativity for, I'll be disappointed and concerned. Basic RedKit support should not be an impossible task. Give us at least Witcher 3 levels of moddability and I will be satisfied.

I'm super late the party so I can't vote but if I could my vote is yes.

I will probably upgrade my PC sometime in the future for CP77 so I would want to not get bored with CP77 for years to come. Just like my relationship with Skyrim and Fallout 4.

The only reason I still play and love these 2 games after all these years is the insane amount of mods available for them. Once I've tried the game as the devs intend it to be played, I would love the ability to mod the game into what I want and this means modding the game to a point where it's way different from vanilla.

I considered buying TW3 but did not because the mod scene is somewhat weaker than Fallout and Skyrim in Nexus. A lot of sources seem to say that this is because the modding toolkit is too light for the modders to do crazier stuff than simple HUD changes, retexture, etc.

I'm sure there are tons of highly skilled modders in Nexus hoping to unleash their creativity on CP77 once it's released. So I hope that CDPR will give them the tools to do their job.

I will play vanilla several times to experience it but eventually, I will want the crazier mods these modders could make to spice things up after vanilla becomes stale and they need the tools to make these mods. CDPR please support modding like Creation Engine or at least close to that.

yes, because during the first playthrough there might be something they have missed that could have added to either the immersion or to the gameplay.

I'd definitely want to see modding support. I always play vanilla first playthrough, but its nice to have the option to go again with mods or hell even maybe giving modding myself a shot. Cyberpunk would be an awesome environment to add to or improve in some way so it's not all the lore force fed us.

Top Bottom