Would you live in Night City in real life?

+

Gangs

• Voodoo Boys

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • Tyger Claws

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Maelstrom

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Valentinos

Votes: 14 13.2%
  • 6th Street

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • Animals

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Moxes

Votes: 55 51.9%
  • Scavangers

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
No, because it's dangerous and dirty. It's interesting in games but not at all in reality

BTW I think Scavengers is the poorest gang in the game in terms of plot. Not only are they (so far) completely hostile and attract hatred fancy from start to finish but the only named member, the fake XBD guy from a gig (don't know what his name is in English, probably starts with St), makes the players hate them the icing on the cake🙂🙃 (don't know if Sergei Karasinsky is a Scav because I haven't got there yet by myself). Contrast with the Wraiths next door, at least Wraiths are relatively not so attract hatred, and they have Nash Bane who is a important boss with a legendary poisonous (if my memory is correct) assault rifle.
What if dlc adds a Scavs romance?

😇Protecting the Scavs, Every V is responsible😇

Definitely! But only if I was a badass like V or some celebrity like Kerry. Old little real me would probably be dead within hours. XD

No. I would rather live in high fantasy Lord of the Rings times, better architecture, less taxes, and no pollution.
But there is the small issue of feudal serfdom, Nazgul and Sauron

Don't think I'd want to live in Night City either, I wouldn't fancy Joburg, Manilla or Sao Paulo.

Just trying to think of any game environments I'd want to live in is tough, they're all scary. Even animal crossing is a nightmare lesson in usury and profligacy.

I remember the first time my V went out of his flat. The city impressed me so much with the lighting indicating a hot sunny climate, its colours and all the intriguing people on the crowded streets. I felt immediately at home and could definitely live there - provided that there is an "easy" mode like in the game ;)

No, because it's dangerous and dirty. It's interesting in games but not at all in reality

BTW I think Scavengers is the poorest gang in the game in terms of plot. Not only are they (so far) completely hostile and attract hatred fancy from start to finish but the only named member, the fake XBD guy from a gig (don't know what his name is in English, probably starts with St), makes the players hate them the icing on the cake🙂🙃 (don't know if Sergei Karasinsky is a Scav because I haven't got there yet by myself). Contrast with the Wraiths next door, at least Wraiths are relatively not so attract hatred, and they have Nash Bane who is a important boss with a legendary poisonous (if my memory is correct) assault rifle.
What if dlc adds a Scavs romance?

😇Protecting the Scavs, Every V is responsible😇
Scavs romance, that would be funny and thrilling, you never know when you can wake up naked and ready to be killed for your cyberware. But yeah, lowlife like the scavs would be a good reason for me to live in NC and hunt them down :)

Scavs romance, that would be funny and thrilling, you never know when you can wake up naked and ready to be killed for your cyberware. But yeah, lowlife like the scavs would be a good reason for me to live in NC and hunt them down :)
I think the plot processing of Maelstrom in this regard is good :)
They're fierce, insane and weird, but you can build friendship with them, then you'll find that mad scientists also have warmth

I'm surprised seeing so many gamers saying no to living in NC, I'd definitely live there but not as a gang member.
Being alert is already part of our daily lives today, there's crime everywhere in the world, the good thing about NC is you know where the gangs are, if you wouldn't want any problems then avoid those areas.
I lean towards the Tygers, being the coolest of the gangs, it's all about being cool and deadly, the Tinos are all psychos, giving that macho like presence, always up for another stab. The Animals are walking boulders with a peanut for a brain, 6th, let's say potato for a brain(?), Maels the most vicious with a breadcrumb for a brain, Voodoos are somewhat mysterious but merely for their gang name, I would expect to see more voodoo cult kind of action, like that moment Placide chops the chicken head we could have a scene next on which he'd suck it's blood from the severed chicken's and finally the Moxes which just look good with guns on the catwalk, that's pretty much all to the Moxees. I'd like to see a not so balanced gang mechanics, meaning keeping the gangs but have a more powerful than all gangs mafia group that would supply high tech, guns and drugs to the others, them would also work with NCPD and be responsible for corrupting inside corpos who might have a street history or just wanted to get extra eddies selling inside intel. Where are the prisons btw? think of jobs on which we'd have to steal cctv footage to be used as evidence to free someone's who's wrongly incarcerated, or even infiltrate high security facility to flatline a badass gang member who's about to be released. So much more this world could give us, but i'd be happy to live in it as is already.

Probably not, but if I did I'd roll with 6th street since they're not that bad and technically aren't a legit gang.
More like neighbors that decided to join together in protecting their part of the city (read the info on the Cyberpunk strategy guide).

Minus that, I'd be super down to visit Night City as a tourist though. Not sure about living there. Just look at Panam and Judy lol.

Last edited:
No chance. There's nothing to do,all your neighbours say the same one line everyday, no one can drive,you can't go out for a drink/meal. And the cops will just magically appear shooting at ya just for looking at em.

Absolutely not. The only tolerable existence in the world of Cyberpunk would be as part of a nomad clan.

"WOULD YOU LIVE IN NIGHT CITY IN REAL LIFE?"

Nope. NC is unliveable. You either get mauled, hit by a lunatic with a car, spiked, fall through the ground, hit by a (stray) bullet, and if you survive all that, you'll die of sickness of all the garbage. Or the smell. Or both. Not voted cause I'm a nomad.

Last edited:
No way, I was so happy the game gave me the option to leave NC as a Nomad because that was exactly what I wanted to do after Act I.

I wouldn't want to live in that world, let alone Night City. This might even be a glimpse into our future, and if it is, I really hope I won't live to see it.

why not
six million citizens is not that many
north oak or charter hill are nice places to live
night city view is breathtaking

Night City makes an interesting setting for an RPG
Agreed. Wish we'll get one someday
Post automatically merged:

No way. Imagine one day you share a joint in a park and all of a sudden, twelve cops pop up just behind you and start shooting. You would have to run 150 mts to avoid them! Too horrible :)

Night City feels like today's L.A. to me anyway, so I'd say give it some time for the technology to catch up. Take a stroll in downtown if you don't believe me. Read some lore shards on how things came to pass, regarding South Cali in the game, very interesting...
The border crossing was amazingly done, kind off crossing from Mexico to US, gave me creeps! You have even the border wall and smuggler's tunnels. Kudos to developers for that part. The Nomad starting path kind of blew my mind. (y)

Top Bottom