Would you pay for regular small DLC?

+
Echoing a lot of others here: No, I would not pay for small DLCs (not interested in paying real money for virtual equipment) but I would likely pay for large-scale quests/expansions and a decently playable post-game world.

I would also quite happily pay for a remake of TW1 and TW2 with updated game engine and graphics. You know, like the movie companies keep doing with old movies except in that case they are usually worse than the original.

Depends on the price and content. If its just a new gear set with a price then I'll pass but if its story based 10-15hrs+ with a new gear set, witcher contracts and other side quests then I wouldn't mind paying

Depends on the price and content. If its just a new gear set with a price then I'll pass but if its story based 10-15hrs+ with a new gear set, witcher contracts and other side quests then I wouldn't mind paying

I wouldn't call 10-15 hours content small, not even DLC but expansion

Sadly, for me, once I beat the game, it felt so empty I have no desire to keep playing it. Sure, I will beat it again w/ another play through. The expansion has no appeal to me unless it has more triss/yen/ciri because w/o them, the game is still over. More post world w/ those near and dear to me or nothing. :)

Last edited:
The only dlc's I pay for generally are signifigant story content not armors and such. Like KOTN,Shivering Isles (Oblivion Expansions), All ME Story DLC yes that includes the crappy Pinnacle station sadly, The expansions for this game and the story dlc's for AC are just a few examples.

I'd pay $1.99 for a Game of Thrones-esque cloak in-game.

or..

the Thranduil armor set from Battle of Five Armies but only as a one-time thing .I have no interest in regular paid DLC content. I'm okay with a third expansion though.

Guest 3838453

After they make add those 4 more DLC they could make another (REAL) free 16 DLCs that are not taken from the default game ...

I'm secretly hoping that after DLC 16 is released they say "Surprise! You all liked our DLC so much we got 16 more for you, here's 32 Free DLC!"

I think that would be the ultimate mic drop moment of any game company and be a PR dream come true for them... sadly I don't expect it to happen either.

I'm secretly hoping that after DLC 16 is released they say "Surprise! You all liked our DLC so much we got 16 more for you, here's 32 Free DLC!"

I think that would be the ultimate mic drop moment of any game company and be a PR dream come true for them... sadly I don't expect it to happen either.

That'd be really great!

Btw, are the 16 DLCs and two expansion all that's planned for TW3? Maybe they'll release more (free) content in like 3 months or so, not regularly but from time to time like other companies do?

Top Bottom