Would you play romantic-themed DLC?

+
If there was equal amount of content between the characters and you could also have friendship paths so you can hang out with all four, then yes. Basically CP2077 version of Citadel DLC would be awesome.

Second this. Not necessarily 100% romance DLC, but story content with lovers and friends.

If there was equal amount of content between the characters and you could also have friendship paths so you can hang out with all four, then yes. Basically CP2077 version of Citadel DLC would be awesome.
Agreed! I will absolutely love something similar. Citadel DLC was very positevely received, despite the fact it didn't made much "sense" story wise, considering the galaxy was in all-out war. It was a complete fanservice and loved every moment of it.

Agreed! I will absolutely love something similar. Citadel DLC was very positevely received, despite the fact it didn't made much "sense" story wise, considering the galaxy was in all-out war. It was a complete fanservice and loved every moment of it.
There's a mod for ME3 that makes the Citadel DLC take place a couple of years after the game's ending when the Citadel has been rebuilt, and it makes so much more sense in that context. Normally the DLC ends with Shepard's squadmate/LI (in my case, Garrus) saying "Best times of my life was spent on that ship. Been a damn good ride." to which Shepard replies "The best." but this always felt very jarring to me since the tone of those lines makes them feel like they're concluding the game's story, when in reality you still have the actual ending of the game to go through. But when the DLC takes place after the ending, the lines just click into place and provides the emotional sendoff the actual ending was never able to give the player.

Panam and Judy have proven to be... quite popular. Let's say CDPR released DLC where V
survives their six month death sentence and is living with either Panam or Judy, depending on V's gender (I know there's also River, etc.... but whatever).

There's no combat in this DLC - the ONLY thing you do is pick out a place to live (I suspect it may be a tent if the ending I'm thinking of turns out to be cannon), decorate it, make dinner together, have long conversations, watch TV together, have sex, maybe care for a pet or two, work on cars (Panam) or robots (Judy), and so on.

Again, there's no conflict. Maybe there's not even a storyline. V may be having new adventures in other DLCs running concurrently, but whenever they come home its solely about hanging out in a relationship with Panam or Judy.

Would you play it?

Yeah I would, as it advances the story a little [Vs fate] and we get a 'ever after' ending for V. Anyone who wants a mega depressing, life is futile ending can just opt not to romance either.

Only if it's for Takemura, who should have been romanceable in the first damn place, then yes. The tension is so thick you can cut it with a spoon, but for some reason they think women want River instead.

Panam and Judy have proven to be... quite popular. Let's say CDPR released DLC where V
survives their six month death sentence and is living with either Panam or Judy, depending on V's gender (I know there's also River, etc.... but whatever).

There's no combat in this DLC - the ONLY thing you do is pick out a place to live (I suspect it may be a tent if the ending I'm thinking of turns out to be cannon), decorate it, make dinner together, have long conversations, watch TV together, have sex, maybe care for a pet or two, work on cars (Panam) or robots (Judy), and so on.

Again, there's no conflict. Maybe there's not even a storyline. V may be having new adventures in other DLCs running concurrently, but whenever they come home its solely about hanging out in a relationship with Panam or Judy.

Would you play it?
If Cyberpunk's ever to become the best RPG in existence, it has to include deeper interactions with your lover. Period!

I mean, players got depressed in the end not just because V's doomed, but also because they're leaving a solid love story behind... As from what I've experienced, romances shouldn't be neglected in Cyberpunk. Keep in mind it was never V, it was always you (immersed by the role).

So, we don't even have to ask! This is a must-have and CDPR is well aware of it.
This game was never about an empty living in a random place, it's more complex. It engulfs survival, personal fulfillment - profound emotions in a futuristic, desired city. As I've said, if Cyberpunk ever nails it someday (and it shall if CDPR keeps the effort up), the game will obviously give us what it's expected to. It's almost certain we'll have the lover (Judy, Panam, River or Kerry) even marry V, deeply interacting with them: we'll "watch TV together, have sex, maybe care for a pet or two." I mean, if all that is a requirement to immerse and satisfy gamers, why not?

Surely everyone would love to see a work of art imitating life so realistically.
I look forward to you going to the cinema etc. with your fiancé/spouse!
Let's cross our fingers so that CDPR makes the great perfection.

Last edited:
I don't think the writers/quest designers at CDPR are the romance type of people judging from the scenes in the game. :LOL: Everything is kind of hardcore or intense, I don't think they'd dedicate a DLC to the player romancing around, but something more epic that also incudes a sex scene for good measure Lol

No, in a word. The story of Cyberpunk isn't a romance and DLC focusing on that aspect alone would hold no interest to me personally. The game asks grand questions about consciousness. If romance were incidental to a similar grand theme, fair enough. But pure romance? There are apps for that.

I would LOVE to continue my story with Panam. But I believe combat is unavoidable because of where we are and just the world of Cyberpunk 2077 as whole. Like "Old World Blues" or "Lonesome Road" from Fallout New Vegas

No, in a word. The story of Cyberpunk isn't a romance and DLC focusing on that aspect alone would hold no interest to me personally. The game asks grand questions about consciousness. If romance were incidental to a similar grand theme, fair enough. But pure romance? There are apps for that.

Neuromancer and Hardwired have romances at the heart of the story. Acting like romance in fiction is perverse is pretty bizarre given it is a major component of storytelling in every other medium.

You aren't a pervert for liking it anymore than liking Trinity and Neo.

TBH...
Whatever DLC they produce from here on out. it be downloaded, i think by almost everyone.
So yes, it be played. And i even mentioned in another thread that the many suggestions that people have come up with, for all their loose end gigs and story arcs, better dialogue, etc etc
People would rehash this game like crazy. People do not have it yet, would get word of mouth and suggestions and a new Phoenix Rising would occur. I could see them do this about a year before their next Cyberpunk game came out.

No combat? That won't happen as it does not fit the narrative.

It would be nice to have more romance content either via the next patch or have the LIs have a role in Phantom Liberty somewhere. The romances themselves were lacking and the male options were given less than the females.

Top Bottom