Would you play romantic-themed DLC?

+
No I won't.
I'd love to have a DLC were you can continue and deepen the relationship with your lover but I won't play a DLC with only that. What would be the gameplay? Making pancakes? Playing the Shooter game (the VR game you play with the kids and River Wards) again but with your lover instead? Doing Car races? Fist fighting with your lover for fun?
Sounds like all the side activities I didn't enjoy in the game and a DLC with only that? Nah!

The way I would hope they would approach DLC would be for the story to just pick up where it left off.

You're on the run, and Arasaka is hunting you down. There's an answer buried in the tower if you return to the city.

For all its faults, I'd agree that the characters are really well developed in this game so having an opportunity to build on that would be ideal if they can also expand the gameplay.

I would expect them to add more romance stuff packed into a big story expansion, with the romance being a big part of the DLC but other features and improvements also being a huge step in the right direction.

Panam and Judy have proven to be... quite popular. Let's say CDPR released DLC where V survives their six month death sentence and is living with either Panam or Judy, depending on V's gender (I know there's also River, etc.... but whatever).

There's no combat in this DLC - the ONLY thing you do is pick out a place to live (I suspect it may be a tent if the ending I'm thinking of turns out to be cannon), decorate it, make dinner together, have long conversations, watch TV together, have sex, maybe care for a pet or two, work on cars (Panam) or robots (Judy), and so on.

Again, there's no conflict. Maybe there's not even a storyline. V may be having new adventures in other DLCs running concurrently, but whenever they come home its solely about hanging out in a relationship with Panam or Judy.

Would you play it?
Sounds like your just shy of asking for a sex simulator "Illusion style" my h-game peeps know what that is and a decoration mechanic like animal crossing? If CDPR made an AO DLC in this style they could basically print money.

I'd enjoy a DLC expanding on the LIs after the point of their current quest ends, to flesh out the actual relationship with more mundane/interesting side ventures and repeatable interactive AI-features (like being able to kiss them where their model is stationed, more dialogues, sleep or sit in the apartments, etc.) during the actual core story. But I wouldn't like a romance/friendship-themed DLC if it was meant for the hypothetical post-ending game. It'd feel tacked on and I'd rather innovative DLCs make the current storytelling feel more complete and enriching before they consider DLCs for what comes after.

yah sure. since this game is already so LGBT oriented, why not throw the straight male a bone and do a threesome swinger DLC :D i mean even geralt "almost" got some with triss and yen ;) i suppose Panam can be Judy's type when push comes to shove right... maybe we can give rogue a call to score some milfguardian action and some trans action with claire... heck i'll even spring a few eddies for some joy toys to spruce up the party alittle :D

so.... yah. nope i wont buy a romance dlc... :D

I think a more heavy focus and more fleshed out romance stories in possible future expansions is something they really need to look at. The Romances in the base game are where some of the best writing CDPR have written can be found. However, like man things in this game it's too short, too few options. The Expansions ideally need to massively flesh out all the issues that probably aren't changeable in the base game, like much more freedom, more branching storylines, Longer questlines, and the like.

I don't think we'll ever see Panam / Judy / River / Kerry romances with V due to how the game ends and how tightly packed the timeline is when you establish the romances. Which is a shame, especially with Panam and Judy as those 2 characters, in particular, have amazing personality and as a result, make their romances the most rewarding time.

I'd definitely play it, possibly even if it were a paid DLC. I know how foolish this makes me sound, but I'm under the influence of what feels like a major anti-climax having played through the game and the Judy/ Valerie interactions (missions, messages, apartment and ending which involves leaving with her); I finished feeling like there was so much more that could have been done (V opening up or spending more time with her or involving her and her technical ability in the ending events).

On the other hand, the romantic and story-related content they did manage to include in the game has triggered more emotional responses (very substantial at times too) in me whilst playing than all games in the last twenty or so years that I've been gaming combined. Smiling or crying, I very much appreciate any game that's put together well enough to trigger those responses and welcome more of it.

ya1

Forum regular
Romantic DLC? Wha... uh... whuuut?

Anyways, any DLC short of fixing every single gameplay issue and introducing brand new AI and completely redesigned (not just revamped) character development system as well as brand new casting/hacking system and a well defined alternative gameplay related to cyberspace (it's suppoded to be CYBERPUNK GODDAMN IT!) - not buying, not playing, not paying CDPR a single dime NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN.

An entire DLC no but render the relations more credible in the main story yes . before the romance CDPR made the V / judy or V / panam relationship very credible ... unfortunately after that it s another story.
add some interactions, dialogues, messages, some missions and especially that they have a life cycle and not stay at their window H24. (I think it's the same for kerry and river). and that would not prevent V from continuing his work, just a few moments when he / she does not think of death. but CDPR would have to integrate it into the main story

Last edited:
A romantic-centered DLC? No thanks.

A full DLC including many things, new missions, new areas to explore, new characters to interact with, new enemy types, new weapons, new skills, AND some more romantic stuff to top it all? Sure, why not?

It would be more patches to do than a real DLC. there are inconsistencies. why isn't there a line of dialogue to tell river that V already has someone? in a part my V romanticized panam and kerry, i called kerry on the roof then asked panam for help ...
panam reacts as if absolutely nothing happened .... sorry but all that does not make things credible.

She was probably crying on the inside ;)

Redesigning current dialogues (especially one with River) will probably not happen - a lot of work, probably motion capture etc. I dont think they will be interested in doing that. We just have to accept that River story wasnt written well in that aspect.

And please, no romantic DLC. Just give us something more to explore current characters, couple more phone calls, maybe one small mission but thats it. I hope they would put as much resources as they can in stories which will include all players - not only the ones who picked River or Panam or anyone else.

for me, this is NOT why i play games and for sure, cp77 most relevant problems is not romances or sex or whatever, bois whanna car chases, customization, more quests with multiple choises.
but also, a lot of people whining about they can't bang panam one more time or bang judy at all. is it really matters that much?
i ain't judging, just sayin that devs probably better focus on other aspects, for now anyway

p.s. sory for bad english not my first language

edit: on the other hand, as a fellow Meredith Stout enjoyer i assume there is some work to do *cough*

I mean, whoever made Judy scene deserves a salary bonus. If BAFTA had a game sex scene category than CP2077 would won by a long shot just for that :) But thats on a side.

She was probably crying on the inside ;)

Redesigning current dialogues (especially one with River) will probably not happen - a lot of work, probably motion capture etc. I dont think they will be interested in doing that. We just have to accept that River story wasnt written well in that aspect.

And please, no romantic DLC. Just give us something more to explore current characters, couple more phone calls, maybe one small mission but thats it. I hope they would put as much resources as they can in stories which will include all players - not only the ones who picked River or Panam or anyone else.
on TW3 they added lines of dialogue and more scenes (especially with triss). but actually I don't think it's their priority to make the story more coherent and immersive ;)

I would if there are more choices and they don't end with only the one-night sex scenes. I'm personally even not interested in the sex part, but additional quests and more communication would be interesting.

Top Bottom