Would you play romantic-themed DLC?

+
Panam and Judy have proven to be... quite popular. Let's say CDPR released DLC where V
survives their six month death sentence and is living with either Panam or Judy, depending on V's gender (I know there's also River, etc.... but whatever).

There's no combat in this DLC - the ONLY thing you do is pick out a place to live (I suspect it may be a tent if the ending I'm thinking of turns out to be cannon), decorate it, make dinner together, have long conversations, watch TV together, have sex, maybe care for a pet or two, work on cars (Panam) or robots (Judy), and so on.

Again, there's no conflict. Maybe there's not even a storyline. V may be having new adventures in other DLCs running concurrently, but whenever they come home its solely about hanging out in a relationship with Panam or Judy.

Would you play it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Panam and Judy have proven to be... quite popular.

There's no combat in this DLC .....

Would you play it?

I don't think they are as popular as you think they are. Panam clearly has Borderline Personality Disorder as I showed in another thread where she has 8 of the 9 traits that identify someone as suffering from BPD

And no I wouldn't. No combat? BORING. Go play the sims instead.

I don't think they are as popular as you think they are. Panam clearly has Borderline Personality Disorder as I showed in another thread where she has 8 of the 9 traits that identify someone as suffering from BPD

And no I wouldn't. No combat? BORING. Go play the sims instead.

I think the community at large would disagree. Judy and Panam are definitely popular characters.

And why are you psychoanalyzing fictional video game characters lol?

Last edited:
And why are you psychoanalyzing fictional video game characters?

I mainly see this on the Facebook groups... but there are a lot of male players who seem to have disturbing issues regarding females, and who project those onto Judy and/or Panam. They aren't as common as the people who enjoy the romantic quest lines, but they pop up with disappointing regularity.

Jeyl

Forum regular
Fudge yes. And I didn't read any posts here to get an idea on what 'Romance DLCs' could possibly be.

Panam and Judy have proven to be... quite popular. Let's say CDPR released DLC where V survives their six month death sentence and is living with either Panam or Judy, depending on V's gender (I know there's also River, etc.... but whatever).

There's no combat in this DLC - the ONLY thing you do is pick out a place to live (I suspect it may be a tent if the ending I'm thinking of turns out to be cannon), decorate it, make dinner together, have long conversations, watch TV together, have sex, maybe care for a pet or two, work on cars (Panam) or robots (Judy), and so on.

Again, there's no conflict. Maybe there's not even a storyline. V may be having new adventures in other DLCs running concurrently, but whenever they come home its solely about hanging out in a relationship with Panam or Judy.

Would you play it?
Basically, I would welcome almost any type of new content for CP2077.

But there won't be any kind of "Romance" DLC.
That sounds too much like a cyberpunk "Sims".:ROFLMAO:
CP2077 will never be like that, sry.

Jeyl

Forum regular
And while this DLC certainly featured combat, I don't think you'll find one fan who will ever say it was the highlight. 'The Citadel' DLC for Mass Effect 3 pretty much served as a 'love letter' done right for the series by featuring dozens of new character interactions romantic or not. It was one of the few things I look back on fondly about Mass Effect 3.

I can attest that I enjoyed those DLCs immensely (Fallout 4, NOT Fallout 76). The vault builder DLC was super fun.

I had a lot of fun building a vault where I experimented on vault dwellers. If I recall I did have to clear it out from monsters before I was able settle all the sections. Now that I think about it, even in Skyrim bandits or something would occasionally attack my homestead. So maybe a Cyberpunk version could include V and Judy/Panam fighting off occasional Raffin Shiv attacks or something in between decorating sessions.

'The Citadel' DLC for Mass Effect 3 pretty much served as a 'love letter' done right for the series by featuring dozens of new character interactions romantic or not. It was one of the few things I look back on fondly about Mass Effect 3.

I never played Mass Effect 3, but I remember several boundary-pushing DLCS for 2. In one you just retrieve dog tags from dead friends who dies in the first game (I think)? It's very moody and introspective. Another that sticks with me is when Shepherd has cocktails with a friend, and it ends with her sitting alone after, the weight of everything on her shoulders pressing down. I may be remembering it a bit wrong since it's been years since I played it, but it was a surprising DLC because it was all about character.

So I tend to disagree with those who are dismissing the idea of Cyberpunk pushing the envelope as just being the Sims - that's just a lack of imagination. I think a smart RPG can do all sorts of interesting, mature things, the Mass Effect series being proof.

I would most definitely enjoy the romance choice to be a bigger part of a DLC. Not sure about not having any fighting or having any of the "gameplay" the game has.

The way I see it would be: we do whatever we are supposed to do story wise in the DLC but some side mission can be about your couple or you could be able to go home, have some activities/interactions and additional dialogs options. They "almost" went that way in Cyberpunk.

Once I romanced Judy, I was calling her/visiting her periodically to see if new dialogs option would be added. It only happened once for a major quest unfortunately (I mean aside of the endings depending on the player character various choices).

Well in that DLC, I would want more of that. Make her feel more alive and real in that world. It was a huge bummer that past the romancing option, there is not much left to discover aside of a few text messages :(

That being said, it is still the best we got so far in a similar game. Just the fact we go "steady" in the fiction was a cool addition. To me, without saying too much, having that "steady" status be recognized in some way in various game endings, depending of your choices, was way more meaningful and interesting than any "sex" scene.

I just wish one day, a game would make the character feel more like they got a life and they do stuff without you too. If anything, the popularity of theses characters is probably because CD managed to make them believable.

Once I romanced Judy, I was calling her/visiting her periodically to see if new dialogs option would be added. It only happened once for a major quest unfortunately (I mean aside of the endings depending on the player character various choices).

Yeah if nothing else I'd like the current romantic interactions to be fleshed out a bit. When I visit Judy she tells me she's been thinking of V naked, and V ends the conversation with something along the lines of "well, chat with ya later." It doesn't quite feel reciprocal. V should be like, "Yeah I've been thinking about you too, babe."

A few tweaks to the dialogue would improve things. Not sure what its like with Panam because I play a female V.

No. CP is not a visual novel. Besides the romances falling off the story cliff. The main problem I had with them. Was they basically gave no game mechanic. That would help out on missions. Especially the final mission. This is a video game first and foremost. Romances need to give the player things.

Last edited:
I never played Mass Effect 3, but I remember several boundary-pushing DLCS for 2. In one you just retrieve dog tags from dead friends who dies in the first game (I think)? It's very moody and introspective. Another that sticks with me is when Shepherd has cocktails with a friend, and it ends with her sitting alone after, the weight of everything on her shoulders pressing down. I may be remembering it a bit wrong since it's been years since I played it, but it was a surprising DLC because it was all about character.

So I tend to disagree with those who are dismissing the idea of Cyberpunk pushing the envelope as just being the Sims - that's just a lack of imagination. I think a smart RPG can do all sorts of interesting, mature things, the Mass Effect series being proof.
It has nothing to do with a lack of imagination.
It cannot be ruled out that the story of Panam and Judy will continue in some way.

But certainly not in the form you suggested here.
That just doesn't fit into the CDPR concept shown so far. Not in the Witcher nor in CP2077.
If there is any major DLC (I hope so) it will most likely be content from NC, the Corporations, the Net and the Relic.
The CP romances don't have the same status here as with Yennefer or Triss.

Top Bottom