Would you play romantic-themed DLC?

+
And no I wouldn't. No combat? BORING. Go play the sims instead.

Ah and whatever you want in future dlc, no play game xyz instead there you have it.

Such toddler degree argument. If a game can expand in certain ways to increase its offered experience than let it and dont force patteron on it and cut away everything that sticks out because it does not belong there.

Only if it expands the opportunities for those who likes neither panam nor Judy (same for Kerry or River), like restoring the Meredith Romance and/or giving us Takemura, Hanako and such.

Depends on the dlc.

I would love something like Mass Effect 3 Citadel DLC, were you get to know all the Characters better, were you just hang around doing stupid stuff. Imagine being able to talk to Vick about Boxing. Or getting Goro to start loving Night Cities exquisite Cuisine, or atleast the ability to eat it without getting sick.

But something that is just Romance. Not really unless it moves the story along somehow.

Citadel managed to combine a story DLC with many small mission for just hanging out and reunted all the character's in a meaningful way. It's my favourite DLC ever. Not sure how they would do something like that in CP though.

Panam and Judy have proven to be... quite popular. Let's say CDPR released DLC where V survives their six month death sentence and is living with either Panam or Judy, depending on V's gender (I know there's also River, etc.... but whatever).

There's no combat in this DLC - the ONLY thing you do is pick out a place to live (I suspect it may be a tent if the ending I'm thinking of turns out to be cannon), decorate it, make dinner together, have long conversations, watch TV together, have sex, maybe care for a pet or two, work on cars (Panam) or robots (Judy), and so on.

Again, there's no conflict. Maybe there's not even a storyline. V may be having new adventures in other DLCs running concurrently, but whenever they come home its solely about hanging out in a relationship with Panam or Judy.

Would you play it?
👍 yes
Post automatically merged:

Panam and Judy have proven to be... quite popular. Let's say CDPR released DLC where V survives their six month death sentence and is living with either Panam or Judy, depending on V's gender (I know there's also River, etc.... but whatever).

There's no combat in this DLC - the ONLY thing you do is pick out a place to live (I suspect it may be a tent if the ending I'm thinking of turns out to be cannon), decorate it, make dinner together, have long conversations, watch TV together, have sex, maybe care for a pet or two, work on cars (Panam) or robots (Judy), and so on.

Again, there's no conflict. Maybe there's not even a storyline. V may be having new adventures in other DLCs running concurrently, but whenever they come home its solely about hanging out in a relationship with Panam or Judy.

Would you play it?
I would even say: that the beginning is like that. (First of all not a writer. Just a dreamy eyed gamer.) Things start off well, maybe things progress to a race. You either win or lose the race. You get drunk and cuddly with Judy/Panam or both if they let you... and have a dream about Johnny asking you to come back to NC. He is happy you survived but he says X is about go he says.. we need you there. Things can progress to where you have to go back to save this life you made for yourself and help Johnny and Alt take over. You can meet new allies or enemies while back. Have Victor help you... help River and his newly found militants to help take back NC just an Idea.

Last edited:
As much as I love the romances/friendships and all the relationships you can build up with the NPCs in the game, I don't think I'd want a DLC based solely on that.

However a DLC with its own thing, where romances or friendship extensions just happen to be a part of them? Sure, why not.

Kinda feel that way it would be much more organic and better too IMHO.

If its already in the game? Probably.. But I would not buy it, wouldnt go out of my way to play it, and I find romance in game usually out of place. I dont understand the the why people place so must in it, personally. Romance is not why I play games. But if its well done, I usually do it, because I like to do everything in the game.

If its separate? No, I will not buy it, and its far down my list of interests/priorities in gaming

Would you play it?

I have only one thing to say to this.

CDPR please read above

Last edited:
In all honestly no, I'm more for an original experience during launch anything afterwards just doesn't have the same amount of impact, the fact i missed out on such a scenario because I picked male V has just diminished any interest as far as the romance stuff is concerned, I just don't care anymore for it.

Like Hearthfire for Skyrim.
I would love to see something like that integrated.
This is nothing you can play for hours but would be a nice add on besides questing etc

I don’t know - not sure how it would fit with the false sense of forced urgency in the story? V has weeks to live and is fighting for survival - their biggest concern is hardly going to be date night or Netflix and chill.

I would be more interested in a dlc that adds more story content or immersive RPG elements - maybe something that hints at but more explicitly at Vs possible future and possible survival.

Would you play it?
No offense but you people need to learn how to use the Spoiler flag and/or put the {SPOILER} tag on the title of your topic, the flag is under the "..." on your tool bar when you make a comment or create a topic.

I know this is a topic about DLC but the Spoiler on this one is completely unecessary since you're specifically asking "What if they made a Romance only DLC". If there's a DLC, it means you're gonna play a character (whoever it is doesn't matter), there's no need to mention that V dies at the end, just ask your question normally...
Or, if you really want to mention V's death then put the {SPOILER} tag on the title of your topic

I'm not picking on you and fully realize that you probably either forgot to mention it or didn't know about it, that's fine but I'm thinking about the many people who didn't finish the game yet. There's nothing more frustrating that getting spoiled...Especially the ending...

To answer your question, I would personally won't be interested by just Romance related DLC.
If it's free, I take it, obviously but if I need to invest something it it, I'd prefere at least some change in the gameplay and/or some additional gameplay related content.

Would you play it?
No, as much as I like RPGs to be immersive and the characters to feel alive, this idea of an dlc sounds really boring :)

I wouldn't mind them giving the characters a life cycle and some more personal touches, but there need to be more than just that in a Cyberpunk game in my opinion.

Also with the current hardcoded "sexsuality" system for these characters, a DLC like this could potentially be a huge pile of nothing.

I happen to play female V in my playthrough, because I originally saw V as that, probably due to the 48 gameplay trailer. Which means that Judy is available as a partner, which is fine.. despite me not really being into the same sex thing, I have no issue with it, and she is a pretty decent character.

However I personally found Panam to be slightly annoying, so if I had played a Male V, she would have been the available option. So a whole DLC like the one you are talking about, would be rather pointless for me at least, because I didn't feel like spending that much "personal" time with Panam to be honest. And if you are not really into the same sex thing, then having a whole DLC with it, with Judy might also be slightly pointless.

A DLC like this might work for those people, which seem to really like these characters beyond them, simply being well acted and interesting. Because I had no issue with the actor's performance of Panam, so it's not about quality or anything, it's more her personality that got a bit on my nerves.

As long as they have locked the characters in a specific sexsual preference, I don't think a DLC like this would be worth the effort, as it would miss the mark for to many people. And I also get the impression that a lot of people are against them changing the characters preferences, which is no issue for me, they can be whatever they want. But I don't think that these two things would really work together, when talking about whether or not the time couldn't be spend better on something else.

While I would love to have features the OP listed, just them alone sound like they would box your lover into a leisure filled hedonistic loop to consume the relationship on a daily basis. DLC that would just and ONLY have this for its structure would basically take these characters out of Cyberpunk 2077. What would become evident soon to those that looked forward to this is that the characters don't grow and the relationship doesn't move forward, it only ends up digested in shallow repeating outbursts of affection and emotion.

These characters and romances are handled with subtlety and finite detail that convey how they feel about us and events we go through. The dialogue is believable and measured, not over the top expressive. Relationship with them is not linear and progresses tru blood and bullets, drama, loss and sacrifice: which in return gives an unforgettable emotional impact when we are allowed to show them love and affection. The afore suggested DLC would take that away and corner such growth, it is something we experience in real life too often due to external factors that limit us in our relationships, but in CP2077 we are allowed to, and we must be dreamers. If we are to have sex with them again, it would be more impactful if events and our story together lead up to the next occasion, would you really be okey with turning your lover into a joytoy otherwise? Seeing your lover in bed at night sleeping, just to caress their hair and cheek in that moment would show so much endearment and intimacy, for many more than taking them then and there.

If I had the option to make breakfast for Judy (DAMN yes, please do it!) I would be overjoyed, but even then I want it to be scripted and made for the progression of our relationship in some fashion. The need for a DLC like this would serve towards addressing their current state after the relationship starts where they are stuck repeating same things in one place, and people in conversations on the forums concluded that so much can be done just by making better use of apartments and how the characters behave inside them. If these characters are simply given more life and dialogue inside those 4 walls, you would have a more satisfying time dropping by in between their side quests with you. What we essentially wish from them, is to be surprised. Surprised by how they will interact with us, with new dialogue we didn't expect, surprised how they will push us into interaction when we visit them in the apartment. Have them be an equal in the progress of our relationship. If we want this system to innovate we have to see it move outside of maybe our baseline needs for repetition in affection. We want every moment to be unique and count as its own piece of valuable experience.

Last edited:
I think it could be done but maybe should be fleshed out more instead of paid DLC. I feel like limiting your romance options is only a small portion of what this game limits you from doing. I was felt like I was being railroaded in my decisions by the game and none of my choices actually had much impact besides towards the end. They also had lots of promises that came with the game during its development that they haven't followed through with yet, and I think they'll work on that first.

Browsing these forums it looks like some people think of this game as some kind of dating sim or sth :D
What's with the fixation on these "romances" anyway? To me this kind of stuff in games always felt like "Oh, they want to get "romantic" with me. Guess I chose the "right" dialogue option. Cool, whatever."
Neat little distraction but ultimately not exciting or important. Especially with the way it's implemented here.

You basically follow a dialogue tree until you get laid and then...nothing. If romancing had some other purpose, like maybe you get a place to stay, maybe some kind of temporary stat boosts when you have breakfast with them, maybe you could play a game of cyber-strip-poker, do some weird BD shit with them or talk about what's currently happening in the main story.

Instead, you just can't interact with them anymore. It just feels like its there as an excuse to show some T&A. I seriously have no idea why people care so much.

I found the relationship between Silverhand and Alt much more interesting, because it was so fucked up and revealed a lot about the characters. So, it actually had a good reason to be in the game.

It is true that doing a DLC only on romances, without going deeper into the characters, would be pointless.

Whether it's Judy, Panam and even Kerry and River.

These are characters who each have a developmental arc that makes them unique. This is what allows us to attach ourselves to them, and to feel empathy when they are fucking bits of pixels (especially for Judy and Panam lmao).

Making a DLC, based solely on that, would take away all of their charms.

Top Bottom