Would you please update the game to finally fix it?

+
Would you please update the game to finally fix it?

So I have withheld myself from making this post for a while but seeing as this subforum looks quite dead, I think it's important to point some things out that are more or less game breaking and ruin the game experience. I have the physical edition as well and of course there is no problem with that version.

First off: Triss' teleportation spell has been named numerous times over and over again. Her teleportation spell should be made the way it is in the physical board game. You are not supposed to travel twice in a row and collect 2 clue tokens this way. Combine it with a lucky investigation card for 5 clue tokens in one turn. I just played against someone and he picked Geralt. All I did with Triss was develop twice and got the double prepare spell and the teleportation spell. I was on my third quest while Geralt the speedrunner was only on his 2nd quest that he had barely started. This makes Triss completely overpowered and this issue has been here since the release. I did notice some updates which are cool. Being able to check all the cards is a nifty feature but I rather wish this is fixed instead. What is your stance on the teleport cheat, devs?

Second: The disconnect issue. It has been here since closed beta. I thought it was a beta problem but the game was still released with this problem. This is game breaking. There is no way to return to a hosted game either. Considering this board game is a big board game that can take up several hours, this is just painful. Even TotalBiscuit commented on this. It's bad enough if a game has disconnect issues, but being thrown out with no return is even worse. This happening in front of thousand viewers who might potentially buy your game is disastrous.

A save feature would also be nice. The host would save the current game on a certain turn and then he can reload it when he/she and all the friends have time again. This is one of the advantages you can get from a digital board game release that gives it an edge over the physical edition. I'd consider this.

Don't get me wrong, it's because I love the witcher adventure game, that I am pointing this out. I don't see that many random online players around either. I mean what is the point of investing your time in a game where you don't even know if you can finish it because of the game disconnecting?

Third: I saw a foul fate card where you had to lose 2 clues or fight a battle (3 sword strong). I chose to drop the clues, but it would not give me a choice at all. In the physical version you DO have this choice. It feels unfair if the game does not give you the choice when the choice is specified on the card. I thought you guys were all about choice. :sad:

These are issues that have been here since the closed beta. I know you're busy with TW 3, but I'd love to see you care for this game you released. It's in a bit of a broken but playable state. Sure you can finish a 3 quest game. If you're lucky and play fast. I noticed an approximate of 60% chance of no disconnects per player per game in a 2,5 to 3 hour session.

It's these problems that make friends say: no thanks, I rather not play the game and that pains me.

Yes, save and/or reconnect options would be very appreciated in my opinion. Without it, 5 quest game have no sense, because someone sooner or later gets disconnected.

I would also love to see a reconnect function. It's so annoying to have to start your game again over and over again because someone disconnects and can't return. I think I have only managed to complete 2 or 3 games, and that's not a good thing. If you can't stop people from disconnecting, at least give the option to reconnect. If you don't want people to come in at the middle of a game put in like....a few minutes timer to return, or a turn to return. There is no point in playing the game at the moment because my friends don't want to. Luckily I was gifted the game or I would have been really sad :/

It feels like CDPR just gave up on the witcher adventure game. I have not heard anything at all.
Last update it seems was months ago. This makes me sad.

Last edited:
I hope there will be expansions of this game, like additionnal/alternate characters :D

But it seems CDProjekt is no longer on the project...

Top Bottom