Would you prefer long term improvements to this game, or...

+
The question is, would you as a player prefer that CDPR keep revising, improving, expanding, and enhancing Cyberpunk 2077 for many years to come, or would you rather they leave the core game basically as it is (other than fixing the bugs/glitches, or course), and instead focus on developing a sequel and effectively starting from scratch?

Personally, I hope they constantly keep working on this game and revising it until all the initial shortcomings become a distant memory. I don't really see a need for a sequel, until we get see a new generational leap in gaming technology.

The city itself is stunning, amazingly detailed, well-crafted, and fun to explore - the issue is that its inhabitants are dull drones with no personalities. if they reprogram/refine the AI so NPCs can actually participate in interesting & dynamic interactions, that alone would go a long way to making Night City a place to keep coming back to. With new main story/side quest/gig/feature DLC every few months or so, I can see myself enjoying this game for a long, long time. Doesn't even need to be free of charge - I'd gladly pay for high quality DLC that keeps me in this world for the long haul.

Fix all the bugs. Get the game working on consoles. Make some story DLC. Than give us very good modding tools. Fans can do the rest. They don't want to make a 3rd person mode. Fans will do it. They don't want to give us all the body mods that the NPC's have. Fans will do it. This is how you let your game live. Even take mod ideas, and intergrate it into the game. Factorio did this over its development. Don't be like R* with their modding. Or activally show you're blocking people modding. Because you want us to buy crappy $10 DLC's, that have 5 jackets. Removing the dev console was the first step of them turning into R* modding.

The question is, would you as a player prefer that CDPR keep revising, improving, expanding, and enhancing Cyberpunk 2077 for many years to come, or would you rather they leave the core game basically as it is (other than fixing the bugs/glitches, or course), and instead focus on developing a sequel and effectively starting from scratch?

Personally, I hope they constantly keep working on this game and revising it until all the initial shortcomings become a distant memory. I don't really see a need for a sequel, until we get see a new generational leap in gaming technology.

The city itself is stunning, amazingly detailed, well-crafted, and fun to explore - the issue is that its inhabitants are dull drones with no personalities. if they reprogram/refine the AI so NPCs can actually participate in interesting & dynamic interactions, that alone would go a long way to making Night City a place to keep coming back to. With new main story/side quest/gig/feature DLC every few months or so, I can see myself enjoying this game for a long, long time. Doesn't even need to be free of charge - I'd gladly pay for high quality DLC that keeps me in this world for the long haul.
I prefer that CDPR keep revising, improving, expanding, and enhancing Cyberpunk 2077 for many years to come i'm willing to pay whatever price it takes in order for that to happen this game its all i ever wanted and i want it to be better one of my worries is that they give up on it and gives me that urge to speak up about it on forums hoping they read our passion about this game.

Definitely on board with incremental upgrades.
Proper modding support would be a great step forward and I'd expect that to be a baseline upgradae of the core game (not a DLC you pay for).
Short term, I'd hope for Bugfixes and UI improvements.

I would also prefer not a long string of small/minor DLCs. Instead, similar to Witcher 3, few DLCs with major Storyline additions and new zones (call me odd, but I'd like to roam the lunar colonies).
Other than that, in general I would prefer some long term upgrades to baseline content, such as revamped side-quests, without having to pay for it extra.

Argh, it's late and I'm rambling, so in short:
- Bring up the game to the promised/expected quality standards for free
- Add substantial DLCs you pay for

Before you even think about a Cyberpunk 2, CDPR must fix this messy game, show the players they are HONEST about making this game better, get themselves out of a potential lawsuit and survive long enough to think about making a sequel and a TW 4 game.

At this point, I need to get back some hope that there is going to be a turn-around, that fundamental issues will be addressed without too much delay.

I want to see the game last as long as possible but will it even get past February?

The handling of the next two patches is going to be very revealing. Removing the debug console was a d*** move (not to mention removing the actual d***s). The game is in a shambles, its not really production worthy. They admitted it already. Help us to make it work for now by embracing the console. Tell us how it works even if you insist on removing later, we needed it now.

The first thing!
Also proper modding tools.

Make this game a product to be enjoyed for years and years to come :giggle:

I'm almost done with this janky somewhat enjoyable loot game. I'm not sure I'm going to care what they do to it afterward.

It just is what it is, a disappointment. But I suppose if I hear they have done a complete overhaul maybe I take another swing in a year or two. Maybe.

Fix all the bugs. Get the game working on consoles. Make some story DLC. Than give us very good modding tools. Fans can do the rest. They don't want to make a 3rd person mode. Fans will do it. They don't want to give us all the body mods that the NPC's have. Fans will do it. This is how you let your game live. Even take mod ideas, and intergrate it into the game. Factorio did this over its development. Don't be like R* with their modding. Or activally show you're blocking people modding. Because you want us to buy crappy $10 DLC's, that have 5 jackets. Removing the dev console was the first step of them turning into R* modding.
WORD
Post automatically merged:

I'm almost done with this janky somewhat enjoyable loot game. I'm not sure I'm going to care what they do to it afterward.

It just is what it is, a disappointment. But I suppose if I hear they have done a complete overhaul maybe I take another swing in a year or two. Maybe.
Honestly hoping they completely rework the NPCs including how the cops work. I want some high speed chases. I want to be able to follow an NPC and watch then go to work, leave, go to the club, home etc... I want to see a drop ship come after me and drop mechs once my wanted level is high enough. I hope that by this time next year, the game will be a completely different experience (besides the main quests)

I want some high speed chases.

There's Delamain... But that's not really what you mean, I suppose. There are quite a few action sequences where you are being gunned down, chased whilst driving, though.

The police do need a rework. I hate that they go hostile so easily when lingering and the "crime in progress" events are awful.

WORD
Post automatically merged:

Honestly hoping they completely rework the NPCs including how the cops work. I want some high speed chases. I want to be able to follow an NPC and watch then go to work, leave, go to the club, home etc... I want to see a drop ship come after me and drop mechs once my wanted level is high enough. I hope that by this time next year, the game will be a completely different experience (besides the main quests)
A more "alive" world would help get me back in. NPC relationships, the gangs having more significance and depth and losing the feeling the world is kind of derp and broken, that the ridiculous police and pedestrian reactions cause.

I am "having fun" in this game but I don't think I have facepalmed so often while playing a game and well I'm getting old and played lots of kinda crappy games man. 😂

Top Bottom