Would You Rather See Multiplayer Or More DLC/Expansions?

+

Multiplayer? Or Extra DLC/Expansions

• Total voters
Dlc/expansion you can add a co-op so friends can play along-side there buddy's as all mult-player games that's online I have played gets hacked and spoil the fun I lost the interest to play online because of the devs and the corps helping them ignore reports and always direct you to each other and if not avoid the topic all together

I think multiplayer in the current state of the game would be worse then fallout 76. i really don't see the point. Imagine 20 players on that map doing different things.. and chat spam about selling a 4 socket legendary blabalbla.. naked people bunnyhopping along the roads faster then any car can drive , desync issues.. and just pure chaos in general.. sound like something you'd wanna play ?

Neither. I'd rather they spent the time to add in some of the stuff that got cut. First add in/fix stuff that was cut because of hardware constraints or lack of time. Second, look at adding in anything extra that was originally cut for whatever reason.

After that maybe look at single player DLC. Multiplayer Im neutral on, no real desired to play this game multiplayer.

I would like to see a mp racing like with Tricia. Where you can shoot at other players during the race. If they kill your co-pilot you can still win the race, but if your the gunner and your driver is killed you crash and burn. Mp teams could be you choose which gang or Maxtac eg. and you assault or defend a place when you get a call from your fixer and told to meet your team for say a smash and grab etc. Picture this: In single player mode because you killed too many civilians you have been labeled a cyber-psycho by NCPD and a bounty on your head. So Maxtac is sent in, made up of online mp to take you down. After your killed the scene ends. You go and load last checkpoint in and Charlie Mike.
Show less

Single player, DLC (a lot of them) i hate multiplayer
Yeah, unfortunately multiplayer inevitably means dealing with server maintence, connection issues, trolls, pro gamers, streamers and cheaters. Online multiplayer games carry a lot of baggage for me when compared alongside a narrative-driven single player experience.

A single player expantion dlc but before they do ANYTHING they need to.

* Fix the swimingpool of bugs
* Fix Police / Pedestrian / Car - AIs
* Fix Car/Bike and enviroment destruction logic/physics
* ReAdd all of the cut content cut at the last moment due to ZergRush.
* Take a bucket of polish and polish the game untill the bucket is empty.

And THEN ad expantion/DLC .

I wouldn't sacrifice multiplayer but I'd give top priority first and foremost to get the single player experience where it's supposed to be.

It didn't go unnoticed how the game is devoid of content outside of main missions and secondary missions.
Side activities boil down to gang encounters and hives and cyberpsychos. The world seriously needs more ways for players to express themselves and...to roleplay.

Especially for the impact of player choices during dialogues.

Starting for animations to drink at pubs, to overhauls of at least a small chunk of NPCs to have them have more interactivity outside of a bunch of randomized sentences tailored to the places they're at and ending with cosmetic only gear, more in-depth and heavy customization of the characters with animations, car, vehicle and weapon customizations and purchasable houses and other properties as well as a system that keeps track of the relationship between players and the various gangs.

While I don't expect these levels of substantial changes, the game desperately needs to let the players have more ways to stay in it, more systems with unlockables or objectives to drive players to and so on.
Post automatically merged:

Multiplayer can be fine and all. But they seriously hurt their reputation and underdelivered (and oversold) the product.
As of now, while the game is definitely good, it's but a shell of what it was supposed to be.

I seriously hope they go the No Man's Sky route and release multiple free updates that add content that was supposed to be there (again these are supposed to be free as that stuff should've been there day 1) alongside 1-2 major DLC per year.

I don't expect them to do this but if they want to restore their reputation, keep their players happy and if they want to have more people buy the game instead of waiting for an eventual GOTY edition 5-7 years from now (if that ever happens) they need to go this route. They need to watch what they put behind those paid DLCs and not be greedy as everybody is dubious right now about them.

Hello Games definitely proved how much good this kind of strategy can do for a franchise so I wish CDPR would go the same way and stray from whatever inept management and greed got them into the current mess.

Last edited:
No. Just stick to single player. They had no experience in multiplayer and i dont trust them gonna deliver it properly. It just gonna create another sh_tshow. They should stop promising new things and fix this godda_n game and make it as it was marketed.

Not really keen on MP at this point.

I just want them to throw more quest and vendor content. The map still feels unutilized in a lot of areas.

When I want to play multiplayer, I play a wargaming title, halo, read dead online, a mmo etc.

We already have read dead online, GTA online, fallout 76 ...
The market is pretty much saturated with games that are more balanced and established.
Cyberware and full fledged skill trees? Very difficult to balance.
The game has a pretty open world but its utilisation is already lacking in the single player game.
We already have nothing to do and play with in the game it's. It's a sandless sandbox so to say.

They should Fokus in what they used to deliver and what worked in the other titles.

Great single player content over mediocre multiplayer.

Yeah, unfortunately multiplayer inevitably means dealing with server maintence, connection issues, trolls, pro gamers, streamers and cheaters. Online multiplayer games carry a lot of baggage for me when compared alongside a narrative-driven single player experience.

I don't really like multiplayer shooters. They're usually too toxic and most players have no base in small unit tactics. You send a kind message with brief advice only to have some angry 13 year old from the surburbs spam you with obscenities.
However, I did really love Ghost Recon Wildlands' Ghost War & then Rainbow Six Vegas 2's Terrorist Hunt, which a few dozen people still actively play on Xbox. I liked the 2014 version of GTA Online, but not so much beyond that.

Then of course, how do you have a Cyberpunk 2077 multiplayer that doesn't completely suck?
The only thing I can think of is some kinda separate open world co-op expansion type of thing that could go on adjacent to V's story but would be hella dumbed down story wise.

You know to go back to Rainbow Six, late 90's & early 2000s PC versions... There was another series too from back in the day called SWAT... These games you would plan everything out and then go into a building or wherever and get to room clearing & whatever the objective was, typically Hostage Rescue.... It's very niche, but there is a platform for this with Night City and then with MaxTac & Trauma Team.. Given the lore & universe, you could also create some compelling stories to go along with the game, maybe as a co-op capable expansion. It could 1 player & some NPCs or 2-3 players and some NPCs.. Idk.. It's an idea..

Racing seems like a given.
Really couldn't care less about multiplayer.
I desperately need more single player content
Yes, desperately!

to the developers:

please focus and maximize the single player gaming experience before venturing into multiplayer gaming :sad:

...i literally don't care of a multiplayer game ( plz research on existing multiplayer games in the market at the moment. is it really worth it???)

I'd rather have some good dlcs, forget about mp. The current state of the game won't benefit it at all. If it does, perhaps minuscule when majority of the players want a good story driven dlc. I think adding mp is detrimental to the game if they push it.

The game need bug fixes and additonal features:

-AI overhaul (Not expecting an RDR2 AI with a day and night cycle for each NPC. Iirc, they don't even move their mouths when they speak in this game)
-Need NCPD fixes where they don't magically spawn behind me and the peds don't even chase us by cars; they simply stop chasing me after running away from them by a block or two
-Additional activities, such as going out to bars, play darts or w/e
-Joytoys are lackluster
-Animations when drinking or eating after buying something from vendors ( We are simply sent to the UI screen to buy them and are sent immediately to our inventory)
-Fix V's atrocious shadow
-The driving in this game is hard to handle unless I take my bike
-Map is way too zoomed in (modders are even fixing the game for you for better gaming experience. Unfortunately, console players have to deal with it way much longer than the pc players. Even after the fix, the map is flickering and probably that's why the map is too zoomed in. Another example of rushed releases)
-Proper physics in the world, such as when a car is dumped into the sea there's no splash physics that should have been there or when something thrown into the water
-Hopeful to see a third person cutscenes or have the option to switch between the two whether during gameplay or cutscenes (tbh, what's the point of making your character to look good when 95% of the time we can't even see our character and we only see V's tpp in the final mission. 5% where we see our character when opening the UI screen instead, when checking our reflection in the mirror and photo mode)
-Let us climb walls with Mantis Blades (wall climbing was scrapped *cries*)
-Body/car customizations (this one is so lackluster, tbh. The game doesn't even let us change our appearance after the character customization at the start of the game)
-Different story lifepaths (advertising it as rpg when it is not. No impactful outcomes for most of the dialogue choices in the game until the very last raid or mission. Side missions, yes, but not so much of an impact in the main story)
-V's expanded story in multiple endings, before he/she became a merc, and expansion with Jackie (have no attachment to Jackie with that 6 months montage seriously, which is an aweful way in storytelling perspective. No sense of achievemnt at all by doing a 6 months montage. I find it pretty rushed)
-Continue some side missions with such bad open endings
-Let us take our romantic interest somewhere by hanging out with them (they just sit on their bums in one place with a few lines of dialogues after their quests' done)
-Let us buy houses/mansions
-Game rebalance (it makes the gameplay so easy with crazy dmg output by almost one shotting everything)
-Some bosses are easier to deal with without a real fight even in very hard difficulty

I can probably add more to the list and they simply think that mp is a good idea by adding it to the game. The game is so empty after finishing all gigs, NCPD and side missions and there's literally nothing to do. I know that I'm just being wishful by listing the missing features and bug fixes for some of 'em; I don't expect them to do some of them, tbh. If possible, I want more of V's story expanded and preferably a longer one at that. The main story is way too short and they went overboard by shortening the main campaign, which is a gripe of mine. I'd just play an MMO if I want a multiplayer experience. Turning it a gta like or any semblance of an MMO/MP game, ruins the experience for me.

Advertising the game as such when there are so many missing features and bugs doesn't benefit the game by going hard on mp. At the early stage of the game, which it is, is even ridiculous to even think about mp already. Don't even think about mp when there's a lot to fix and add in the game. Make the single player a better experience first before thinking about mp. Further tarnishing the company's already bad rep with mp doesn't help the game stand its two feet.

Bad call also by restructuring the game to fit Keanu in the story. He's prolly good as a side character or even put him as DLC. There were so many good things that was in 2018 trailer gameplay of some sort and we got a half-assed game. It'd been nice to let the game cook in the oven further and not set dates after dates to release the game in this state. Looking at it right now, as if QAs didn't have time to even fix things because you're tryna ride with those holidays sales and all that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom