Would You Rather See Multiplayer Or More DLC/Expansions?

+

Multiplayer? Or Extra DLC/Expansions

• Total voters
Hey, just a quick question I have, I'm wondering if people on here would rather sacrifice multiplayer and get more than 2 expansions and the avg amount of DLC? Or if they would rather we get just as much DLC as we did from the witcher and in a few years time see Cyberpunk multiplayer?

Personally I would rather see more single player expansions, but I want to hear all your thoughts too.

I'd love to see expansions, but I think multiplayer is something that could really help to kick off this franchise. I love Cyberpunk and I want it to do well. Multiplayer would be a huge help to make it relevant for many years ahead.

Why does these kinda thread always assume they have to be mutually exclusive?
Same. CDPR is going to do both, as far as I recall anyway. If anything, I would expect CDPR to delay the MP if they need to until they are satisfied with where CP2077 ends up. In fact, I would see that as being beneficial to them. They will not generate the same excitement from their MP as they did with CP2077. The only way they can even begin to recoup some excitement for MP would be by focusing on making CP2077 better.

They aren't necessarily mutually exclusive but one will get more support than the other. If MP is successful, you can bet they'll focus on it.

My guess is that, with them potentially pushing back MP to 2023 as they've said in the investors call, we'll get a year or two of regular support for single player. Once MP launches we'll see much less support for SP and if MP is successful we'll get bug/balance patches only after MP's launch.

Well it's possible they give us extra expansions and so on and still give us multiplayer yes, but it's a bigger financial risk for them and also Multiplayer development will put a time constraint on things.

If they decide to make a multiplayer they will eventually have to move away from development of the single-player game. If they want to drop it in 2023 then that gives them a year to work on this game and a year to work on multiplayer. This means they will have less time to not only develop expansions, but also less time to release them. Plus once multiplayer is released, this game is going to be done with it's development cycle completely.
Post automatically merged:

Plaese add a poll. Single player DLC of course. Ideally more than 2, considering Cyberpunk 2 will never be a thing (two games in same map makes no sense...)
Is the poll not working or something?

I would like to see both but the game play will much different for MP.. you can't really slow time in MP. Itd be great if it was more about cooperative missions than just who can point and shoot each other better.

Seems like they've got alot on their plate tech wise to fix and it'd be easier to deliver more sp content

Expansions/DLCs for SP. I like MP, but I don't have a lot of time to play online modes and grind my levels/creds up.

I would like to see both but the game play will much different for MP.. you can't really slow time in MP. Itd be great if it was more about cooperative missions than just who can point and shoot each other better.

Seems like they've got alot on their plate tech wise to fix and it'd be easier to deliver more sp content

I highly, and I mean very highly, doubt that CDPR wants to create some basic deathmatch MP. Especially since it's apparently going to be a standalone paid for game all on it's own. My guess is they want to create something closer to what you want.

Top Bottom