Would You Rather See Multiplayer Or More DLC/Expansions?

+

Multiplayer? Or Extra DLC/Expansions

• Total voters
We'll be getting DLC for sure, but I'm talking about getting more DLC than initially promised as a trade off for having no multiplayer. Would you rather have more than 2 big single player expansions? (4 maybe?) Or would you rather have 2 and get a multiplayer mode down the line?

The teams are completely separate currently so I do not believe the multiplayer project is affecting the main studio and its single-player post-launch content. What I want is for the main studio to fix and add in the content they promised and advertised as free content updates. If they do that along with fixing the game then they'll get my support back for purchasing paid expansions for Cyberpunk 2077.

I'm really hoping for some more single player content first. Flesh-out Night City, make it more immersive with interaction or mini-games, give me a reason to explore -- even if it's text-based missions.

My best hope for CP2077 multiplayer is something like the co-op heists in GTA Online.
My worst fear for CP2077 multiplayer is something like the hellscape freemode in GTA Online.

My friends think that CP 2077 should have been multiplayer from the beginning (as one of them said "screw single player") I think that multiplayer at this time is a mistake as CDPR has to work on regaining the respect of the fans and for that they have to work on single player.

Personally I would rather multiplayer be scrapped permanently and that CDPR focus on single player games as those can be balanced correctly. Multiplayer games seem to have 2 separate balances 1 for PVE and 1 for PVP as neither item, if properly balanced, does not work properly in the other area.

If I had to choose, single player every time. Creating multiplayer for this would be a massive undertaking for balancing and content. Continue down the singleplayer path and absolutely polish the shit out of it, the groundwork is there. Multiplayer just as an idea right now sounds like a hot mess.

CDPR sees $$$ in them thar multiplayer hills; people love spending their cash on ephemeral and useless stuff in those types of games. I'm sure they'll do well, eventually.

I only care about single player; I left MP games behind over a decade ago. :D

I don't see the need for multiplayer personally. I don't care for PvP much and while playing with other people can be fun it can also lead to toxic player interaction if it's random people you're paired with. Most of my friend group games, but often we're all into different games at any given time so there's not much of a draw there for me either.

I won't be playing the multiplayer at all if/when it gets added, so I'd be more excited for CDPR fixing the current game and adding content rather than multiplayer.

Moxy3

Forum regular
Multiplayer is the last thing i want to see, considering the state of the game.
They should fix the game first.
- Fix Bugs
- Fix AI
- For the love of god, do something about Immersion.
- Bring back cut content (and no i dont want to pay for the content you cut out of the main game, just so you can release it early and get money, screwing over your customers)
- Do something about the story, because as of now, i dont even care about characters like Jackie when he dies after 3 missions. (with that said, i had literally no emotions on his funeral. i had to fake emotions in front of everyone and his mom.)
- More Immersion please (yes i said it already, but damn there is 0 immersion.)
- More interaction with the world (yes Immersion again)

Just.. dont even think about Multiplayer, when this game is in the state it is now.

CDPR sees $$$ in them thar multiplayer hills; people love spending their cash on ephemeral and useless stuff in those types of games. I'm sure they'll do well, eventually.

I only care about single player; I left MP games behind over a decade ago. :D
Yea there's definitely a lot more money in multiplayer games than single player ones. The question is, with the reception the game received on release and how a lot of the newly accumulated player base may have gotten turned off from either bugs/wonky systems like A.I./performance issues or just finding out this game isn't GTA Cyberpunk edition. Does CDPR have the remaining fans support to carry their multiplayer and give it a good rep?

Based on the poll I think it's pretty clear that the people here would rather just have a single player experience. But then again, the target audience for a multiplayer game that sells cosmetics, dances, skins and whatever else isn't necessarily sitting on these forums all day long lmfao. They're mostly kids and teens who play games casually without thinking too much about them or getting to invested/attached into a single player series that goes into depth with storytelling and worldbuilding etc.

Yea there's definitely a lot more money in multiplayer games than single player ones. The question is, with the reception the game received on release and how a lot of the newly accumulated player base may have gotten turned off from either bugs/wonky systems like A.I./performance issues or just finding out this game isn't GTA Cyberpunk edition. Does CDPR have the remaining fans support to carry their multiplayer and give it a good rep?

Based on the poll I think it's pretty clear that the people here would rather just have a single player experience. But then again, the target audience for a multiplayer game that sells cosmetics, dances, skins and whatever else isn't necessarily sitting on these forums all day long lmfao. They're mostly kids and teens who play games casually without thinking too much about them or getting to invested/attached into a single player series that goes into depth with storytelling and worldbuilding etc.
Well, this will be interesting to see how it plays out. They released 2077 in the interest of the shareholders and not the gamers, despite their "when it's ready" tagline displayed in trailers. By doing that, they managed to burn quite a bit of their stock with their playerbase, so maybe, just maybe, that'll get them to focus hard on getting the single player game back on firm ground before striking out on the hunt for whales.

I'm not a multi-player fan myself, never really enjoyed that. I would consider a 'co-op' format with just one or two players that I know. For now however, more DLC's...after they get this game back on an even keel for all platforms.

More Single player for my vote.

Multiplayer could be interesting depending how they do it - but dose it have a place without changing the game into something it isn't (say battle royale)? Co-op could be interesting but the missions are so short and the cut-scenes are numerous, I'm not sure how well that experience would pan out.

Multiplayer could be interesting if they did a proper cyber-world within the game and that was the only way to "multiplayer"; not sure that would ever happen though, prob not....

Single player.

The issue with MP is it already feels like Night City was built for multiplayer (to play like 'The Division' kind of does). That focus harms single player by making sure all of the mechanics and environment are MP first. SP content will be cut or reduced if it would affect MP. Youre less likely to see SP stories effect world states, change environment, kill or remove characters that are well known etc.

MP is a great big money making machine (and you only need a small grouo of players spending frequently to make it so) so I don't blame any company for pursuing it. It's just a damn shame as others have said, there are already so many mp games, and so few major story RPGs.....and it feels like the Cyberpunk 2077 world has already been impacted by Night City being built to support MP.

Last edited:
Before anything else content-wise, I want the game I thought I was buying from all the super-shady, double-talking THE ENTIRETY OF THE GAME IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE!!!!!! videos.

;) (y)

To be honest I don't know what the idea is for the multiplayer, I guess it will be a corpo war. You choose your side (Arasaka, Tao or Militech) and you will fight for them. I'm not really interested if this is the case. I would prefere a solo DLC, as Jackie, Rogue to have more information about their life.

I suspect we will have quite a few minor content dlc and 2 big expansions for single player ,i think we will not see mp until the expansions are finished so at least late 23 , i dont expect a mmo level mp but a rdr2 online type experience , but by then the game will be a lot different

Top Bottom