Would You Rather See Multiplayer Or More DLC/Expansions?

+

Multiplayer? Or Extra DLC/Expansions

• Total voters
I think modders will save this game if CDPR gives us a proper mod kit this time around, which I really really really think is in their best interests. It still baffles me why all single player game developers don't supply their games with proper mod support after seeing the success of Fallout 3/NV/4, Skyrim and Oblivion. The mods are the whole reason why those games are still alive today, and half the reason they are so popular in the first place.
something i astutely observed. maybe they believe it is not worth the time and "investment" to give them such said tools.

DLC ! Bring us back to the maelstrom style interactions with gangs and NPC buddies like JACKIE and JUDY.
Post automatically merged:

I think modders will save this game if CDPR gives us a proper mod kit this time around, which I really really really think is in their best interests. It still baffles me why all single player game developers don't supply their games with proper mod support after seeing the success of Fallout 3/NV/4, Skyrim and Oblivion. The mods are the whole reason why those games are still alive today, and half the reason they are so popular in the first place.
IT HAS BEGUN!

Hey, just a quick question I have, I'm wondering if people on here would rather sacrifice multiplayer and get more than 2 expansions and the avg amount of DLC? Or if they would rather we get just as much DLC as we did from the witcher and in a few years time see Cyberpunk multiplayer?

Personally I would rather see more single player expansions, but I want to hear all your thoughts too.
Well look at you going places xD
4:44 timestamp

Last edited:
CDPR NEEDS to fix the NPC AI system, the police system, add more playable areas (including going into buildings that are "locked"), the hacking system is repetitive and needs to be revamped, and there are a LOT of features I would have expected in this game on launch (You're telling me I can sneak kill someone with a knife? There are only two sneak kill animations both involving hands?!), etc etc. I am not playing this game until the next-gen updates so I hope at least a few of these will come with that update. CDPR released an open-world game with underwhelming features. Must fix!

Well look at you going places xD
4:44 timestamp

Ayyy hahaha that's cool, if what he said is right though that the multiplayer is going to be worked on by a completely different team I take that as good news. I was under the impression that they had a different team working on it right now but a smaller team and when they finished development with the expansions and such they would shift the full studio over to multiplayer development.

So hopefully he's right and it stays 2 seperate teams! That way we can still get lots of single-player content and multiplayer!

There is already a lot of MMORPG, battle royale and cs-go like games, I have no interest in multiplayer.

If there was such a thing as multiplayer coming I'd Co-op Multiplayer, like Divinity's multiplayer. Where you can run maybe post heist stories with a group?

Other than that, DLCs. There are 2 easy ones from the endings that are post ending and not in need of "retconing" the ending.

Got to be single-player all the way. I will definitely not play multiplayer, but in a game world I love, I will pay reasonable amounts for a long time for substantial new single-player content. See Mass Effect, Fallout 3 and 4. Fallout is great example of my attitude on this topic. I loved Fallout 3 more than just about anything. Really liked Fallout 4, but did not and will never buy Fallout 76.

Personally I'm more excited for multiplayer because I tend to enjoy open world adventures and character building more than following a story. That said, I don't think this is really an either or kind of question. I want them to take their time with multiplayer, and getting the single player game to it's full potential is a step toward making the multiplayer great as well.

For those wondering why not both: resource investment. It just takes too much time and money to add multiplayer and add content.

Functionality wise, it would be easier to add DLC. However, if they did multiplayer NOW, they would have less bugs/integration issues if they added multiplayer later (since more content = more integration issues).

As others have said, the two are not mutually exclusive. There is a team solely focused on the multiplayer version, so we can have both.

Insofar as the single-player game, I want DLC of the same quality and immersion as Witcher 3's. I can't wait to see where they take the narrative next in the expansions.

I think people forget the basis of the game. In Cyberpunk, the world, solo's are rare. To be a solo is generally not a good thing. The tabletop was made for group interaction and exploration. The game itself could do with a multiplayer, though I am not saying we need a GTA style online, just a group of 4 people or so is the type of Online i'd prefer. So you can roll around Night City with a group of friends and play the game as the tabletop kind of had it set up. If you look around Night City, everyone else has chooms and rolls in a group, V is a solo because of what happens in the story, and because of it, no one wants to work with V. V is not a solo by choice.

I just think people have different expectations/views of what multiplayer is or needs to be.

Hi CDPR chombas :D! I would totally love to see more single player content for the game! i would also love to see NC more lively, i mean, the city looks great, but it lacks life, it needs to breath, i dunno if u guys know what i mean.. I still remember the first time i walked into Novigrad, i instantly fell in love with the Witcher 3 because of how immersive it was!

And please, bring back the cut content! Let's make Cyberpunk2077 great again!

Hey, just a quick question I have, I'm wondering if people on here would rather sacrifice multiplayer and get more than 2 expansions and the avg amount of DLC? Or if they would rather we get just as much DLC as we did from the witcher and in a few years time see Cyberpunk multiplayer?

Personally I would rather see more single player expansions, but I want to hear all your thoughts too.
I too would prefer SP dlc. I like the idea of perhaps seeing things from the perspective of a MaxTac officer, or a soldier of Arasaka/Militech. Even go back in time to the Fourth Corporate War!?!?!?

I love some of the Ideas when it comes to these Potential DLCs but I'm just Worried and Curious of what they Could Realistically Add to the Game as DLCs. Cause I mean, there's a limit to Everything. What more can they do to a Game that's Already Released?
I'm Curious to the Potential DLC's and Expansions down the line (Whatever they could be) that if we were to Compare the Game Now and Then, Maybe a Year or Two down the Line. Would there be Massive Differences? Not Including the Bugs and Glitching and all that Typical Shit.

Honestly, fuck Multiplayer. Screw that BS. I don't Hate Multiplayer but it's such a Waste of Time and Weird thing to even Consider for a Game like this. Like Seriously, the only thing I can see them taking the Multiplayer Aspect too, is something Super Similar to Ubisoft's: The Division. If they want to Stick with the Theme or whatever. If they can pull anything else off then I'd without a doubt be Blown away that's for sure. If not probably Disappointed, Battle Royal, PVP Deathmatches and so on.

I'd like to see the completed game the marketed before even discussing further development single or multiplayer.

Assuming CDPR has 2 different teams like most companies do, I would rather get both.

- Single player DLC because of Mr Blue Eyes. Panam arc and Judy arc. Melissa Rory et al.

- Multiplayer if CDPR wants to take the crown from GTA 5 online which I think this game could, provided they fix the game first etc. Plus having multi player will give them passive income for future growth and to support their future projects.

As much as we all hate it, companies do need the money and the best fuel for that is online.

I would rather see DLC the size of Witcher 3's DLC. However since the game is so light on content I would like more. At least three or four large campaigns worth of story and drama to experience the world. Not all games have to be online multiplayer games.

Top Bottom