Would You Rather See Multiplayer Or More DLC/Expansions?

+

Multiplayer? Or Extra DLC/Expansions

• Total voters
94 percent do not want multiplayer. wow...

I wonder what the DEV think seeing this. On the other hand it did not stop Bethesda one freaking tiny littlie bit. Because players are not the customer anymore.

Why not multi-player with new content?
Build your own legend in Night City that would rock.
Single player been there done that.

I think pure Multiplayer is out of the question by now, but to answer the OP's question: 2 big Witcher 3-Style expansions would be more than enough for me, so I'd prefer Coop DLC over even more Single Player content.

I wonder what the DEV think seeing this. On the other hand it did not stop Bethesda one freaking tiny littlie bit. Because players are not the customer anymore.
I don't think there is a huge overlap between single player gamers and multiplayer gamers.

I think a PVE MMORPG type game could work, with only consensual PVP. With implants, griefing would insane if they modelled CP Online on GTA Online.

I vote option 3:

Polished, fixed and rebalanced game on PS5.

Ideally an overhaul of many mechanics (in particular crafting, looting, and clothing) but that's not going to happen.

Surely not multiplayer and actually scared they said they want to have multiplayer in every franchise from now on.
Post automatically merged:

They look at the billions rockstar and epic do with multiplayer and imagine their bank account.

Multiplayer. because it keeps people playing the game. Dont know what you single player single minded people are thinking.

Guest 4412420

Multiplayer. because it keeps people playing the game. Dont know what you single player single minded people are thinking.
Plenty of people keep replaying single player games they enjoyed. Ever heard of "every time you mention VtMB, someone will reinstall it." Bloodlines came out in 2004, and the same sentiment applies to many other older games. The only difference is that developers don't support single player games with new content for as long as they do with multiplayer titles.

Ever heard of "every time you mention VtMB, someone will reinstall it."

Wasn’t that originally about Deus Ex?

No matter, there’s another one of those little titles that grew up to be the sort of household names that everybody knows of.

They don’t make games like that anymore, so big names sometimes need to latch a multiplayer component as a lifejacket onto their titles to keep them at least somewhat afloat. Which is a terrible shame and a testament of the creative state of the industry, if you ask me.

I don't understand the sentiment that a game is not worth replaying if it's not multiplayer. Must be the same people who don't re-read books they've enjoyed.

Good singleplayer games get replayed again and again and the fanbase expands for years afterwards even without new content, because people keep talking about the game. I only played the Mass Effect series years after it was completed and now it's my favourite game. Back when it came out I didn't give a damn about it, because I thought it was just some dumb shooter (I only played Japanese games then), but years later I stumbled upon one or two really interesting articles about Dragon Age and ME and decided to play it after all. The games were still relevant. Journalists still wrote articles about them and people talked about them. You don't need multiplayer to keep people engaged, you just need a really good game.

The only people who really benefit from multiplayer games/expansions are publishers and I couldn't care less about them.

I hadn't seen the original post when I gave my vote and didn't realise I was voting not for expansions at all but *more than two* expansions. A bit of an odd question.

Hi Chooms,

Well, I think with good story DLC' s and extensive content around the game, a multi-player is not necessary at first and only ties up important resources for the game. I think (my opinion) it would be better to first publish the DLC' s and extensions and then maybe see if it is worthwhile for the studio to make an online multi-player.
But I would advise developers to keep the story going and then do their own thing and pay less attention to other studios. Cyberpunk is a genre game and it has so much potential. The basic structure is very good and that' s why you can do so much with this game. It is important to have a proper roadmap that shows where the way is going. For my part, I' m excited and will pay for extensions as well.

I dont think we will have MP content in CP2077. Probably some elements in their future products but will number of issues CP2077 has, I just dont see it. Focus on DLCs and make this game fantastic expierence (which is now for me anyway) rather than experiment on it and focus peoples attention on "how bad or buggy multiplayer is".

Plaese add a poll. Single player DLC of course. Ideally more than 2, considering Cyberpunk 2 will never be a thing (two games in same map makes no sense...)
TONS of games have had sequels on the same map. This comment is the one that doesn't make sense
Post automatically merged:

I don't think you really understand what fallout 76 was then. We wanted co-op fallout, which we got. And just like the rest of the fallout games, people wanted to kill us during the game. Those people just happened to be other players. They've tried a bunch of stuff and when people didn't like it, they reverted. That's the nature of "online" games.

Perhaps the issue was that people weren't specific in what they wanted and as such, devs generally did what was asked, but by their own ideas of what that looked like. I don't care about PvP cyberpunk but I would love a co-op option. That's still multiplayer....

Last edited:
They should finish develop the game first, instead of trying to add new content over a broken base game. It's been 1 year and still there isn't an official toogle walk button on PC, it's insane.

The fact that they even thought of multiplayer is evidence that at a certain point, the management of CDPR stopped trying to make an RPG and wanted to make a GTA clone. It was and still is an absurd idea

Top Bottom