Would You Rather See Multiplayer Or More DLC/Expansions?

+

Multiplayer? Or Extra DLC/Expansions

• Total voters
Well, something related to DLC seems to be going on behind the scenes [source]
Capture.PNG

For sure expansion because it seems just a waste to have this amazingly designed and vast city with so limited main story.

They still have to fix the base game before they should make a multiplayer. Story looks broken and many cars aren't properly integrated yet, especially nomad cars.

I would "connect/affect" expansions with parts of the game, so that every one of them allows a money grab and rework the game with it, like cars, gangs, meds, cops, clothing, map (Microsoft Flight Simulator (just limit it on the biom)) and AV. For AVs and nomads you need to have multiply cities (you only need to build the skyline, outskirt and AV docking ports, there isn't any foot access required) in this way you only would have access to separate buildings. To simulate a nomad life you need to travel. All other integration will lack the proper experience.

All of that should be simple an use of perceptual generation. The desert of California shouldn't be a graphical challenge!
  • Topographic card
  • Road can be made with hand based on topo map

Last edited:
Same here for my STAR-girl.
Nomads went up and over for me, even take me and Judy with them. I refuse the end of the road is a tent bed out in the middle of a duststorm.

I also think its fairly easy to make Nomad ending revolve back around to Crystal Palace
Piece of cake, actually, given that, according to Cyberpunk RED rulebook, Nomads have a strong ties with the Highrider clans, controlling orbital space flights

Whatever... just need more content, for now its a 'nice look' in a dead game.... (zero life, zero interaction, NO mission generator... doors closed...etc, dumb Police AI)...

Hey, just a quick question I have, I'm wondering if people on here would rather sacrifice multiplayer and get more than 2 expansions and the avg amount of DLC? Or if they would rather we get just as much DLC as we did from the witcher and in a few years time see Cyberpunk multiplayer?

Personally I would rather see more single player expansions, but I want to hear all your thoughts too.
Oh dear. I hope they don't go the multiplayer route. I hope it just gets fixed until it's as polished as they promised.
To be honest, I'd rather see flying cars before a multiplayer.
Post automatically merged:

We'll be getting DLC for sure, but I'm talking about getting more DLC than initially promised as a trade off for having no multiplayer. Would you rather have more than 2 big single player expansions? (4 maybe?) Or would you rather have 2 and get a multiplayer mode down the line?
Definitely More DLC. This is my new replacement for Skyrim and fallout. So I'm biased and wouldn't want multiplayer.

I don't necessarily want or need multiplayer. But if they added the ability for a second player to co-op in and run gigs and police calls, I would buy a second copy for my wife.

I don't necessarily want or need multiplayer. But if they added the ability for a second player to co-op in and run gigs and police calls, I would buy a second copy for my wife.
I could say the same. Not a huge multiplayer fan, but those can also be fun in good company. I liked how FarCry made the co-op mode. You can play the story alone or invite 1-3 (?) friends to play with you.

I don't get what the second someone mentions multiplayer they immediately think that a game is either solo or World of Warcraft level Multiplayer.

I like my single player games... but I would definitely purchase and play a multiplayer game if they came out with it.

MMOs are always ambitious ... I've had too many games shut down on me :( ... But I think Cyberpunk's worldbuilding is top notch and I could really get addicted. Maybe netrunning dungeons... form gangs... Take inspo from Saints Row, GTA online?

CDPR said that multiplayer was planned to be similar to GTA Online, meaning it'd have it's own giant story attached with it, so that's why i'd prefer multiplayer WAYYY more, plus cyberpunk is literally so immersive that the ability to see it with others would be such an amazing experience that I'm completely down for. DLC's are great but multiplayer will bring in replay value

Same. CDPR is going to do both, as far as I recall anyway. If anything, I would expect CDPR to delay the MP if they need to until they are satisfied with where CP2077 ends up. In fact, I would see that as being beneficial to them. They will not generate the same excitement from their MP as they did with CP2077. The only way they can even begin to recoup some excitement for MP would be by focusing on making CP2077 better.
I would like them to add some tactical gameplay for multiplayer. 4-6 person squad. kinda like Ready or Not

CDPR said that multiplayer was planned to be similar to GTA Online, meaning it'd have it's own giant story attached with it, so that's why i'd prefer multiplayer WAYYY more, plus cyberpunk is literally so immersive that the ability to see it with others would be such an amazing experience that I'm completely down for. DLC's are great but multiplayer will bring in replay value
Hum... Since, mulitplayer on Cyberpunk 2077 was abandonned due to their decision to switch to Unreal Engine. So no way to see any knid of multiplayer on Cyberpunk 2077 (in their next games on Ureal Engine, good chances).

Hum... Since, mulitplayer on Cyberpunk 2077 was abandonned due to their decision to switch to Unreal Engine. So no way to see any knid of multiplayer on Cyberpunk 2077 (in their next games on Ureal Engine, good chances).
I just answered the question, what would you rather, and that's the facts before the decision. you can't just come on here and just say like "haha well it doesn't matter if you want multiplayer, cause they're not doing it" I'm just joining the conversation.. like?

I just answered the question, what would you rather, and that's the facts before the decision. you can't just come on here and just say like "haha well it doesn't matter if you want multiplayer, cause they're not doing it" I'm just joining the conversation.. like?
I posted it as an info to be sure that you were aware that it's not gonna happen (for Cyberpunk 2077 at least). Not because I don't "care" about your opinion nor that your "advide doesn't matter", every one is welcome on the forum to give his advice/opinion whatever it could be ;)

Is it too much to ask for a path where V and the others thought about things more thoroughly and didn't accept Dex's job offer? And for our V, instead of trying not to die, be busy living life in Night City...interacting with Night City with the option to crosspaths with whatever the Relic ends up in/with? I don't mind NUSA. I've tried crossing boundaries despite futility...for 6 to 7 times (I like wasting my time) but there is so much more left untouched in Night City.

Well by now I’m sure some of you know what I’d really like to see lol but to answer this question single player DLC. I don’t want multiplayer but IF they was to add it I’d prefer if it was just the ability to play the story cooperatively with a friend instead of wide scale online. Like whoever is the host player is in control of the story and dialogue while the second player essentially serves as a helping hand but can still loot and buy or sell items. Loot could even work as it does in Fallout 76 where the same containers are lootable by both players and abilities that slow time could still work too since it could just slow both of you unlike wide scale multiplayer where there’d be too many players to make that feasible. Like I said DLC is what I’d personally want but I wouldn’t frown upon a co-op mode BC not going to lie exploring Night City with a friend would be pretty fun.

Top Bottom