Would you want 900p option on PS4?

+

Would you want 900p option on PS4?

• Yes. 900p option on PS4 sounds great.

Votes: 37 44.0%
  • No. Don't even put this idea in CDPR's head.

Votes: 47 56.0%

• Total voters
The problem isn't resolution. For the most part performance was acceptable until the 1.03 patch.

So you played through Crookback Bog and Novigrad quests before the 1.03 patch and found them acceptable? I'm only asking because my play-through of those areas coincided with the arrival of patch 1.03, so I have no experience of those parts of the game without the patch. If it is actually as you say, then that gives me more hope, because that would mean a quick fix on the 1.03 patch could smooth out the performance in these areas. But I highly doubt that. I guess we'll see when patch 1.04 arrives next week.

Game is great as it is in 1080, just need some good optimization to streamline it and we'll be set. Game is still in its infancy, we just got to be patient. No reason to jump onto downgrading it just to get a whopping 5 extra fps or whatever lol Thats just my opinion. Id like to wait and see what CD Projekt Red comes up with in the next 6 months first.

On PC, if a game is running less than 60 fps, I will lower the graphics settings. But I will never set lower resolution. Clarity forever.

So you played through Crookback Bog and Novigrad quests before the 1.03 patch and found them acceptable? I'm only asking because my play-through of those areas coincided with the arrival of patch 1.03, so I have no experience of those parts of the game without the patch. If it is actually as you say, then that gives me more hope, because that would mean a quick fix on the 1.03 patch could smooth out the performance in these areas. But I highly doubt that. I guess we'll see when patch 1.04 arrives next week.
I've played. It was worse. If u ask me, framerate in 1.02 was 10/10 shit points and in 1.03 I would say it is 8/10 shit points (if we talk about bog or Novigrad at night with lots of fires, etc).
Guess, guys who say that framerate became worse played the starting area during 1.02 and when they got to velen the 1.03 was released.

900p option would be admitting defeat IMHO. If a new console can't run at higher resolution than previous gen, than I'm selling my PS4 and buying a new graphics card for my PC.

This is lack of optimisation, please don't downgrade the game any further than it has already been.

I'm not sure why people are against having the optional graphics setting for 900p when they can still play with 1080p if they want to. Are they against it because they fear that CDPR is going to get lazy and do a 900p-only setting and ask us to be okay with it? I understand the concern but that's not likely. There'd be full-scale rebellion... They have to fix the game at 1080p, but I just wanna be able to play in smooth frame rate until they do. An additional 900p option only as a temporary crutch. Just temporary.

if it actually, and I mean really drastically made the game fun smoother all the time and things felt faster and more solid, then yes give me 900p anyday. I'll what for 1080p until I build a gaming pc. I just want to enjoy this game on consoles before I get my pc that's all :)

There was dropped frames sure, but it's not nearly as bad as it is now. Overall performance dropped after 1.03, even my world map lags now, picking up items etc.

On PC, if a game is running less than 60 fps, I will lower the graphics settings. But I will never set lower resolution. Clarity forever.

How does clarity has ever got to do with resolution? If your TV is 480p, a 480p game will look great. If your TV is 720p a 720p will look great and so on, is all about pixel match NOT pixel count. I guess console resolution obsessed dumbasses deserve 20fps. I had the PS4 and argued on this very forum to have an option for lower res and better framerate, no one in CD Projekt said anything, fine. Then I spoke to Shuhei Yoshida on Twitter and he answered ME back. Through his answer I could realize that Sony is equally obsessed with resolution (without having the hardware to really fulfill their wish).

After many days posting some guys told me, well if you want customization, get a PC! And that's what I did! Sold the PS4, the Witcher 3 is veeeery demanding but once you get a decent PC, it runs great and it looks tons better than PS4. So my answer is> The OP should get a PC because Sony doesn't care about performance they are only selling their consoles to the blind resolutiongate generation.

And to the OP: Would you fix your text! Is so tiny I could hardly read anything, please man, figure it out, this way you have even less chance of being heard :p

---------- Updated at 09:14 AM ----------

Really whats the big deal 900 vs 1080p do you actually know what technically this means??

I think you should "GTFO" The whole business of resolutiongate is terrible, I'd rather have a decent story, gameplay mechanics vs shiny graphics!

Feck it, I'm off the internet for good, nothing good can come from it....bye

We belong to a different generation mate, all these resolution obsessed morons just don't get it. I always answered them back saying something like: Does a wildlife documentary look less "Realistic" at 720p or does it look more "realistic" at 1080p? Do you see at 1080p or 720p? What about if you wear glasses, etc. Also things like: Do you remember the 2005 Killzone 2 CGI renderer, it looked amazing right? Better than any game even released today! It was 720p...

I just cannot see the point in better resolution, if the assets of the game are good and well made, even 720p will look awesome, how can people be so stupid not to get this, it is beyond me. The ONLY thing I see as downgrade when playing games at lower resolutions is a bit more jagged edges, but that's it! Nothing a good antialising solution cannot fix, or a good upscaler. Geeze...

Last edited:
How does clarity has ever got to do with resolution? If your TV is 480p, a 480p game will look great. If your TV is 720p a 720p will look great and so on, is all about pixel match NOT pixel count. I guess console resolution obsessed dumbasses deserve 20fps. I had the PS4 and argued on this very forum to have an option for lower res and better framerate, no one in CD Projekt said anything, fine. Then I spoke to Shuhei Yoshida on Twitter and he answered ME back. Through his answer I could realize that Sony is equally obsessed with resolution (without having the hardware to really fulfill their wish).
It is 2015 year. Show me modern display with natvie 480 resolution, lol.
I have 55 inch TV and 24 inch monitor, which i am playing at. Native resolution for both is 1920x1080. If you set lower resolution, picture will loose clarity. Better lower graphics rather lower resolution.

It is 2015 year. Show me modern display with natvie 480 resolution, lol.
I have 55 inch TV and 24 inch monitor, which i am playing at. Native resolution for both is 1920x1080. If you set lower resolution, picture will loose clarity. Better lower graphics rather lower resolution.

Again, you said it yourself, you have a 1080p TV that's why a lower resolution won't look as good, because of what I said "pixel mismatch". I have a, believe it or not, 768p TV and it looks amazing at 768p, if I lets say put it in 1080p (which can accept) it looks muddy! So again, this confirms people's idea of "more pixels= more clarity" is false. The truth is that when you have a "diferent resolution" wether more, or, less, you will see a downgrade. You see my point?

And you say better lower graphics than lower resolution, THAT'S RIDICULOUS. You can play Super Mario Brothers at 1080p on an emulator but does that make it next gen? More realistic? According to your thinking I guess it would... And I tell you if developers would start listening to your type, we would start seeing PS2 quality games "only" obvously at 1080p and 4K, because these consoles are only able to do as much. 1080p requires a huge amount of processing power, if you had seen the evolution of graphic cards year by year for decades as I have, you would know that.

Last edited:
Again, you said it yourself, you have a 1080p TV that's why a lower resolution won't look as good, because of what I said "pixel mismatch". I have a, believe it or not, 768p TV and it looks amazing at 768p, if I lets say put it in 1080p (which can accept) it looks muddy! So again, this confirms people's idea of "more pixels= more clarity" is false. The truth is that when you have a "diferent resolution" wether more, or, less, you will see a downgrade. You see my point?

And you say better lower graphics than lower resolution, THAT'S RIDICULOUS. You can play Super Mario Brothers at 1080p on an emulator but does that make it next gen? More realistic? According to your thinking I guess it would... And I tell you if developers would start listening to your type, we would start seeing PS2 quality games "only" obvously at 1080p and 4K, because these consoles are only able to do as much. 1080p requires a huge amount of processing power, if you had seen the evolution of graphic cards year by year for decades as I have, you would know that.
You're wrong and you write nonsense. Ridiculous examples with ps2 and Mario. I have 1080p displays since PS3/X360 release. Soon it will be 4K. And you tell me about the 768. In which year you live? I dont care about words like "next-gen" and other marketing stuff.

Low resolution on full hd display looks BLURRY.

If there was and option to improve performance with lowering resolution - I'm all for it. I loved The Witcher 2 on X360 thanks to its stable framerate. It was one of the reasons I bought The Witcher 3 on PS4 day one - I expected the same level of professionalism. I still love the game - everything is superb apart from performance. So yeah, I can live with lower resolution if it helps.

There was dropped frames sure, but it's not nearly as bad as it is now. Overall performance dropped after 1.03, even my world map lags now, picking up items etc.

in my game framerate was worse before the new 1.03 patches. especially just walking through the woods anywhere. definitely running smoother than before. though the bog still drops to 20 constantly.

I'd take 900p in a heartbeat if it would mean stable 30 FPS (and I'm almost sure it would mean that). The difference is minimal between 900p and 1080p, games still look pretty at the former resolution (see Assassin's Creed Unity, a problematic but VERY PRETTY game, running at 900p on both Sony and Microsoft consoles). Unless it's a case of bad optimization, which wouldn't surprise me, since Witcher 1 at launch was badly optimized and some people complained about Witcher 2's performance at launch as well, I'd prefer to have the option in the Options menu to play Witcher 3 at 900p.

I'm sure both consoles will be able to run games much more graphically intensive than this one in the very near future, but it feels like developers, today, are overestimating their knowledge of the gaming systems and trying to push too hard.

Top Bottom