Would you want 900p option on PS4?

+

• Yes. 900p option on PS4 sounds great.

Votes: 37 44.0%
  • No. Don't even put this idea in CDPR's head.

Votes: 47 56.0%

• Total voters

I'm not a developer so I'm not even sure if an option to bring the resolution down on PS4 would generate smoother performance. I just wanted to see how many people would be okay with such an option, if it actually would help. It would just be an option -- you can still select 1080p if you're happy with the performance in Velen.

I'm a big Witcher saga fan and I've already shed several tears of joy while playing this game. But I haven't touched the game for a whole week now because of its subpar performance on the PS4, especially due to its frame rate issues.To continue playing in this state feels like it'd be an insult to all the great people who created the wonderful story, art and mechanics of this game. They certainly would not wish for their incredible creations to be experienced in such a diminished way. And it's painful for us fans, to have access to this masterpiece but not be able to enjoy it due to technical flaws from a premature console release. I wish they had delayed the game again, or released it on consoles after it was competently optimized.

Anyway, if a 900p option on PS4 would solve the frame rate problem, I'm all for it. Are you?

P.S. FR in White Orchard was fine and later early Velen was bearable, Crookback Bog was ridiculous and then performance in Novigrad just did it for me. I couldn't play anymore and just when the story was getting really juicy. Sigh.

Also, look at the frame rate analysis of the same area in Xbox One vs PS4. 900p could really make a difference.

PS4:
http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_swamps_1_03-34759_en.html

X1: http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_xb1_fps_analysis_swamps_1_03-34750_en.html

Last edited:
What if it was just an option though? You could still play 1080p if you're happy with the performance... (again, I'm not sure if it's a possibility to have resolution setting options like this...)

Last edited:
I love the clarity of 1080p . IF they could add it as a option without compromising the game then sure, but I think it'll be easier for them to optimize the game than add another resolution to only add more bugs to the game(maybe even hurt stability and see crashes).

Yes I'd take it any day, only if it brings it to xbox one level, what really makes me sick is that there fans who pre order get screwed over and get sold an unfinished stutter laggy pos, but people who wait and buy second hand get the complete game

whoever wants 900p can go play on xbone & GTFO.

we like 1080p on ps4.

Really whats the big deal 900 vs 1080p do you actually know what technically this means??

I think you should "GTFO" The whole business of resolutiongate is terrible, I'd rather have a decent story, gameplay mechanics vs shiny graphics!

Feck it, I'm off the internet for good, nothing good can come from it....bye

NO! NEVER!

If you want 900p go to shop and buy xbox one version.

If you really think that ps4 can´t move this game 30fps and 1080p you are wrong.

The game only need optmize ,optimize , optimize and optimize. And you are asking for a downgrade... Oh my fucking god!

AH! and if you don´t see the difference between 900p VS 1080p you need glasses. A 100" screen? what stupid thing boy, go oculist.

Cd projekt listen , NEVER, NEVER AND NEVER 900p, work hard and optimize, you can do it.

Attachments

• oculist-vector-1110301.jpg
    oculist-vector-1110301.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
No, FF XV (Demo) and Battlefield 4 looks horrible on my TV, both 900p. Besides, I´m sure, the drops would happen on that resolution too.

Tell you honestly, 900p or 1080p or 4k 8k HD

I don't give a shit about it.

As long as the game is playable.

PS4 just something wrong atm, 20FPS lock need to go and that's all.

I want f***king 1080p/30fps !!!!!! I bought this game because they say, it will run on 1080p very well.. I DONT WANT DOWNGRADE.. if they make 900p, I will want my money back.

I doubt 900p would stabilize the framerate much, there is obviously more going on. FIre,fog, rain etc are extremely unoptimized .

900p as an option YES but NO to an downscale to 900p

Best way is that they optimize the 1080p; 900p as an option needs a lot more texture files

Last edited:
I agree, it should run at 1080p 30fps, since that was what they promised. But I figured this optional 900p setting could allow people to play at 30fps until the developers finally optimize the game at 1080p (which could take months.) That is assuming adding a 900p setting would be a quicker fix, but I bet that would also take some time to achieve. I guess I'll just try and pretend this was never released and avoid the internet for the next few months. I'm going to miss Geralt so much...

Last gen, we were promised 1080p. Remember? That was the big thing at the reveals. And technically, the systems actually were capable of it. But did we ever see it? I've had a 1080p TV since before I owned a PS3. I'll be damned if I'm going to continue to settle for sub-HD after a DECADE. NO.

I agree, it should run at 1080p 30fps, since that was what they promised. But I figured this optional 900p setting could allow people to play at 30fps until the developers finally optimize the game at 1080p (which could take months.) That is assuming adding a 900p setting would be a quicker fix, but I bet that would also take some time to achieve. I guess I'll just try and pretend this was never released and avoid the internet for the next few months. I'm going to miss Geralt so much...

yeah give me the option. people are stupid if they say no to having more options. at least i could go back to playing the game right now instead of waiting what will probably be at least another month before we see any big improvements

Top Bottom