would you want each lifepath having a unique passive or unique attributes?

+
or would you prefer each lifepath just being different story wise? i am thinking if each lifepath had a small passive such as nomad getting 10% more chance at higher level loot(just an example) or each lifepath has different stats but very small differences(like nomad would have 1 extra point in technical ability and 1 extra point in body but maybe 1 less point in cool or something) just something small so they feel different

I get your point. Like race classes in a classic RPG, elves always have more dex, etc. At this point honestly sure why not? There are plenty of stat points to play with anyway so, it just adds some flavour.

I think certain passives would work excellent to reinforce the idea of a lifepath in a roleplaying sense.

Simply adding or subtracting attribute points however is not the answer as it could be corrected for on character creation. Lifepath specific perks would be great if done in a way where it doesn't force you down a specific playstyle/build just to remain efficient or whatever.

I'd want somthing that reminds you of your lifepath every now and then as you make your way through nightcity. For better or worse. Something like discount or hiked prices at different vendors with complementary dialog. Even exclusive vendors. Some exclusive quests dealing with gaining trust or respect by certain people would be essential to the idea of a lifepath. Also having the contacts or know-how to branch the main story differently.

I think the uniqe dialog is a very good way to reinforce your lifepath I just think it's a little weak to stand on it's own as the sole differetiator of the lifepaths post prologue.

Yeah - even smaller things - like Corpo getting more money from selling, street kid finding more loot, Nomad getting....something else.

I have the feeling it's already kind of in the game. Like when you play Corpo (but I'm betting it's the same on different occasion with other paths) you often have dialog options which end up in you getting more money.
They probably had this in mind but given the amount of work needed for other areas of the game, they probably just brushed the surface.
I expect those features (be it dialog outcomes, branching stories or even skills like the OP suggests) to be fully operational when the first xpac launches. Heart of Stones for the Witcher offered a way more fluid experience than the base game because they were not drowning under the general scope of the game. Now that the general assets (be it animations, sounds, character designs, NPC models etc) are made they can tune the whole thing and find that sweet spot we all now the game can reach.

Guest 4375874

or would you prefer each lifepath just being different story wise? i am thinking if each lifepath had a small passive such as nomad getting 10% more chance at higher level loot(just an example) or each lifepath has different stats but very small differences(like nomad would have 1 extra point in technical ability and 1 extra point in body but maybe 1 less point in cool or something) just something small so they feel different
Between all the requests for pointless animations and horny fanboys asking for more sex this is the first sensible ask I've seen posted in weeks that actually enhances the player experience. Good idea

Between all the requests for pointless animations and horny fanboys asking for more sex this is the first sensible ask I've seen posted in weeks that actually enhances the player experience. Good idea
seriously thank you for all the replies, the way i play the game i sometimes base my skill points around what role i am playing(like if i am going for a mostly strength character its with streetkid or nomad, doesnt make sense in my mind for a corpo to have a lot of strength compared to streetkid or nomad) so there is role playing but its all role playing i am doing myself, so i am kinda doing the games job itself :p

I get your point. Like race classes in a classic RPG, elves always have more dex, etc. At this point honestly sure why not? There are plenty of stat points to play with anyway so, it just adds some flavour.
thank you, i do prefer passives instead of points but if they just pulled a skyrim and different characters have different attributes(slightly) i wouldnt complain about that

Yeah - even smaller things - like Corpo getting more money from selling, street kid finding more loot, Nomad getting....something else.
corpo's getting more money from selling(and maybe being able to buy things cheaper not sure) is a perfect suggestion, i do think Nomad's would find more loot(as they spend a lot of time scavaging) or maybe their passive could be that things cost less to craft/upgrade

I think certain passives would work excellent to reinforce the idea of a lifepath in a roleplaying sense.

Simply adding or subtracting attribute points however is not the answer as it could be corrected for on character creation. Lifepath specific perks would be great if done in a way where it doesn't force you down a specific playstyle/build just to remain efficient or whatever.

I'd want somthing that reminds you of your lifepath every now and then as you make your way through nightcity. For better or worse. Something like discount or hiked prices at different vendors with complementary dialog. Even exclusive vendors. Some exclusive quests dealing with gaining trust or respect by certain people would be essential to the idea of a lifepath. Also having the contacts or know-how to branch the main story differently.

I think the uniqe dialog is a very good way to reinforce your lifepath I just think it's a little weak to stand on it's own as the sole differetiator of the lifepaths post prologue.
i agree with you there, dont get me wrong different attributes are better than nothing however i would much prefer a unique passive, i agree with your post i do think unique passives would be a start but its disappointing how i have to do most of the role playing myself and right now its very barebones so unique passives would be a start(shouldnt be too hard to impliment but i am not pretending to know anything about coding or game development)

I have the feeling it's already kind of in the game. Like when you play Corpo (but I'm betting it's the same on different occasion with other paths) you often have dialog options which end up in you getting more money.
They probably had this in mind but given the amount of work needed for other areas of the game, they probably just brushed the surface.
I expect those features (be it dialog outcomes, branching stories or even skills like the OP suggests) to be fully operational when the first xpac launches. Heart of Stones for the Witcher offered a way more fluid experience than the base game because they were not drowning under the general scope of the game. Now that the general assets (be it animations, sounds, character designs, NPC models etc) are made they can tune the whole thing and find that sweet spot we all now the game can reach.
that could actually be true but i think that is more a choice thing rather than a passive but i know its somewhat in the game, for example as a nomad you can get an upgraded version of a bike and a unique car no other group can get so there are some things that are unique to specific lifepath's i just think if there was a unique passive it would make each lifepath feel slightly different

Nomads already got Panam, we're good
lol good point we dont need anything else :p

yes this is a good idea, and more realistic than having 3 alternate versions of the campaign
thank you, i hope one day lifepath's are expanded upon

This.

Sky's the limit with the lifepath system if they implement it properly and give it weight and depth.​

I also think that a corpo shouldn't speak like a street kid. (and vice versa) Furthermore, it would have been cool (but that's difficult to change now), if you have different alignments. For example, a street-kid may have more problems working together with the police (see gigs) and may rather help gangs against the police.

Guest 4375874

No! No! No! NOMADS get more loot-------------------street kids get "whatever"! ;)
I would say for Corpo's to make buying things cheaper whereas nomads find more loot..

The only problem is they would have to set a restriction for all these suggestions to ensure you remain in the lifepath that you chose otherwise they're all easily exploitable

Yes that would be awesome because what we have now is...

CP2077 next Gen revolutionary RPG features:

1.) Deep RPG mechanics such as class based snarky dialog comments referencing supposed something or other.
2.) See #1.

What we were told life paths would be like.
1416.jpg

What they turned out to be.
BriskAbsoluteGourami-small.gif

Куда сказать спасибо разработчикам? Хочу выразить своё большое спасибо за игру. Было прекрасно.

Куда сказать спасибо разработчикам? Хочу выразить своё большое спасибо за игру. Было прекрасно.
Google Translated: Where to thank the developers? I want to express my big thanks for playing. It was lovely

есть несколько тем
There are a few threads out there.

This.

Sky's the limit with the lifepath system if they implement it properly and give it weight and depth.​
thank you i agree they could do really interesting things with different lifepath's, i dont want them to be too different gameplay wise because then your lifepath dictates how you play and that isnt healthy but small passives or something would be awesome.

Having unique abilities makes complete sense. It definitely can makes thinks a bit more interesting.
thank you, i hope maybe one day i know they are adding dlc so maybe that could be part of it

I also think that a corpo shouldn't speak like a street kid. (and vice versa) Furthermore, it would have been cool (but that's difficult to change now), if you have different alignments. For example, a street-kid may have more problems working together with the police (see gigs) and may rather help gangs against the police.
completely agree with you, i do think sadly it is too late to change now but look at no man's sky they improved a lot with that game which wasnt expected so you never know

Lifepaths should be classes. If you pick Corpo you play as stealth Netrunner, if you pick Street Kid you play as Solo and if you pick Nomad you play as Techie
i personally dont agree in some ways, for me i dont want the lifepath choice to pigenhole you into a specific type of play, however at the same time i will not play a Nomad without a high tech skill(because it just doesnt make sense to me), the corpo i am playing right now is high cool and intelligence(which doesnt make sense to me for a Nomad or Streedkid to have) so i am kinda doing that myself because it makes a lot more sense to me.

No! No! No! NOMADS get more loot-------------------street kids get "whatever"! ;)
lol honestly i have thought of passives for both Nomad's and Corpo's but cant think of too much for a streetkid

I would say for Corpo's to make buying things cheaper whereas nomads find more loot..

The only problem is they would have to set a restriction for all these suggestions to ensure you remain in the lifepath that you chose otherwise they're all easily exploitable

that is true as long as the passives are not exploitable, though currently there is a tonne you can exploit
What we were told life paths would be like.
View attachment 11126789
What they turned out to be.
View attachment 11126792
lol its sad how true this is

Google Translated: Where to thank the developers? I want to express my big thanks for playing. It was lovely

есть несколько тем
There are a few threads out there.
thank you for the translation, dont get me wrong i love this game, i am having so much fun and i dont see myself stopping playing however there are still things they improve on, but dont get me wrong despite the criticism i have its such a fun game to me the the developers deserve a tonne of praise(dont blame them for the issues the game is facing)

Top Bottom