Wow I just realized how short this game really is.

+
I am in my second playthrough atm. My first one was 31 hours by accident because I thought that the story will be longer. But after experiencing the endings I had 0 intention to touch that playthrough again.

Now, in my second playthrough I am actively ignoring the main campaign to avoid the parts where the false sense of urgency is forced up on us by the narrative. I'm planning to do a full map clear, but the gigs and NCPD scans are already feeling like a chore.

Witcher 3 wild hunt main story was 50 and half hours long. Main with extras 102 hours!

Cyberpunk after almost a decade working on the story main story is 19 hours main plus extra 48 hours. The main plus extras is shorter than witcher 3 main story lol.

That is absolutely pathetic dude. My source is how long to beat. Go see for yourself. Shame on you CDPR. All that dang hype for a 19 hour rpg story. Good god.

Don't blame CDPR.
Blame does dong-heads that criticized "The Witcher 3" main story of being "too long".

Good Lord, guys, the length is an integral part of a game!
There are games that need to be shorter, but a story-driven RPG is not among those categories.

I think the way the missions are portrayed you assume that you need to move fast because you're dying. I honestly was under the assumption that if I moved quickly I could get Johnny out of my head, save myself and then there would obviously be some main quests after that which would focus on me V, becoming a legend - for which I'd feel more comfortable doing those side gigs without the relic error buzzing in my head.

Turns out I was wrong, and the sense of urgency the game portrays is just a lie. I sadly can't enjoy NC outside of Watson without my sidekick scratching his balls, smoking and witty one-liners. I love Keanu, I actually like Johnny - but I wanted to meet V, become V, explore V... Instead, I met Johnny Silverhand. I can hardly tell if V is actually V because their memories merge and their personalities become entwined.

So, if the DLC and next instalment doesn't go the ways of this here song;

And I feel like I've got a gun
Like I've been changed more ways than one
And this whole world has just begun
And it's so nice to meet me

- Zack Hemsey; Nice to Meet Me

I'm not sure how much I'm going to be able to 'deal' without heavily modding this game.
I had the very same, except I never really learnt to like Jhonny.
Post automatically merged:

Don't blame CDPR.
Blame does dong-heads that criticized "The Witcher 3" main story of being "too long".

Good Lord, guys, the length is an integral part of a game!
There are games that need to be shorter, but a story-driven RPG is not among those categories.
I'm sorry but it was CDPR who actively chose to cut the story. And I can only address CDPR about it in hope to change it in the future.
Blaming the people who complain about the lenght of the witcher has absolutely 0 effect in this context. If anything I have more reason to argue with people who are completely fine with the current state of CP77.

The
I had the very same, except I never really learnt to like Jhonny.

I'm sorry but it was CDPR who actively chose to cut the story. And I can only address CDPR about it in hope to change it in the future.
Blaming the people who complain about the lenght of the witcher has absolutely 0 effect in this context. If anything I have more reason to argue with people who are completely fine with the current state of CP77.

The fact is that I bet almost 70% of the people complaining for the same thing as you, are the same people that complained about TW3's campaign length.
To those people I say: you wanted the bike? Now shut up and get on it.

I'm not really sure how much in a hurry people are when they play.

I'm nearing 80 hours and there's still a ton of stuff to do. I will certainly wrap the game up well before everything's done.

Yep! Some folks just don't know HOW to play a game like this. My first time with Skyrim (not CD Projekt, I know), I finished the main story @ lv9. My 2nd time? lv43. If you waited for the game to release, spent money on it, why would you wanna blaze through it? I mean, compared to other games, 19hrs is not short. Also, another article says the main story for this is 37hrs long. Also, this is not Witcher, it's Cyberpunk. I don't care if it's the same developer, it's a different game.

The

The fact is that I bet almost 70% of the people complaining for the same thing as you, are the same people that complained about TW3's campaign length.
To those people I say: you wanted the bike? Now shut up and get on it.
What? I don't understand what you are saying.

Yep! Some folks just don't know HOW to play a game like this. My first time with Skyrim (not CD Projekt, I know), I finished the main story @ lv9. My 2nd time? lv43. If you waited for the game to release, spent money on it, why would you wanna blaze through it? I mean, compared to other games, 19hrs is not short. Also, another article says the main story for this is 37hrs long. Also, this is not Witcher, it's Cyberpunk. I don't care if it's the same developer, it's a different game.
Maybe then they shouldn't have made a story that encourages you to "blaze through" it.

Last edited by a moderator:
You will never in reality be able to finish the witcher 3 main story in 3 hours. Especially since you will be underleveled.
And I'm sorry but being able to finish a story fast is a pretty good indicator that the story is short. Its simple math and logic.

Yes, yes you can, it is possible. Should you do that or is that even enjoyable is a whole another matter however. You can also beat the main story bosses with the levels you get from doing the main quests. Again, it is fun only to some people that way, but it is possible. I have seen it happen.

So, are you seriously telling me that speedrunners and people whom rush the mainstory forward without stopping to look at the world around them (I really doubt that those whom finished the mq in just 15 hours really stopped to do anything extra) should serve as a measurement for gamers to decide if the story is short or not?

Again, I sm not saying that MQ in CP2077 is not short, just that using "People can finnish it in 15 hours" as an argument is dumb.

Yes, yes you can, it is possible. Should you do that or is that even enjoyable is a whole another matter however. You can also beat the main story bosses with the levels you get from doing the main quests. Again, it is fun only to some people that way, but it is possible. I have seen it happen.

So, are you seriously telling me that speedrunners and people whom rush the mainstory forward without stopping to look at the world around them (I really doubt that those whom finished the mq in just 15 hours really stopped to do anything extra) should serve as a measurement for gamers to decide if the story is short or not?

Again, I sm not saying that MQ in CP2077 is not short, just that using "People can finnish it in 15 hours" as an argument is dumb.
Noone is talking about speedrunners. You can finish the game in a very comfortable pace in 30 hours. But! If you do wanna argue in a factual manner. Then yes, speedrunners are a perfect example to bring up because we can be sure that speedrunners will try to finish the game in a consistent way. Which means, if a speedrunner can finish this story in 15 hours, and the same speedrunner can finish the witcher 3 story in 50 hours. CP is factually 35 hours shorter than W3.

Noone is talking about speedrunners. You can finish the game in a very comfortable pace in 30 hours. But! If you do wanna argue in a factual manner. Then yes, speedrunners are a perfect example to bring up because we can be sure that speedrunners will try to finish the game in a consistent way. Which means, if a speedrunner can finish this story in 15 hours, and the same speedrunner can finish the witcher 3 story in 50 hours. CP is factually 35 hours shorter than W3.

And there is the thing, the record to beat W3 (with loads) is 2 hours 58 minutes and 22 seconds. Not 50 hours. So if someone came to tell you that W3 is too short since people can beat it in 3 hours, would you think that they actually played and saw everything the game has to offer?

And there is the thing, the record to beat W3 (with loads) is 2 hours 58 minutes and 22 seconds. Not 50 hours. So if someone came to tell you that W3 is too short since people can beat it in 3 hours, would you think that they actually played and saw everything the game has to offer?
Well in that case I am really curious how long will it take them to beat CP77, 30 min?

I enjoyed the main story but can't deny that I was way shorter than expected. When the game warned me about the "point of no return" I expected it to be a isle of mist warning and not the final battle if we compare it with Witcher 3.
My biggest issue though is that CDPR has been straight up lying about the lenght.
That is their quote:
"We do know the main story run in Cyberpunk 2077 is slightly shorter than The Witcher 3 because we got a lot of complaints about Witcher 3's main story just being too long,"

That's the definition of "slightly"
Slightly means to some degree but not to a very large degree.

That's the reality:
cyber_witcher.jpg

I enjoyed the main story but can't deny that I was way shorter than expected. When the game warned me about the "point of no return" I expected it to be a isle of mist warning and not the final battle if we compare it with Witcher 3.
My biggest issue though is that CDPR has been straight up lying about the lenght.
That is their quote:
"We do know the main story run in Cyberpunk 2077 is slightly shorter than The Witcher 3 because we got a lot of complaints about Witcher 3's main story just being too long,"

That's the definition of "slightly"
Slightly means to some degree but not to a very large degree.

That's the reality:
View attachment 11116244
I could even forgive them if the story would feel complete. But the endings suck, the pacing is off and many important topics like the soulkiller, friendship with jackie, transition from the nomad/corpo lifepath has been neglected/cut.
Overall a very unsatisfying experience once the honeymoon wears off and you give it a second thought of what you just went through.

Well in that case I am really curious how long will it take them to beat CP77, 30 min?

Perhaps, perhaps not even that, we'll see. You could beat Morrowind in 3 minutes but still people were able to sink time in it. So using speedrunners and MQ rushers as an example to MQ length is stupid, as you perhaps now see. We need avarages of all game times to see any worthwhile data.

There is no question in that there should be more content in CP though, there is no argument to that. There is still plenty to do, at least for me, but there should and could be more. They cut a lot out, for whatever reason and it will hopefully come back. So for now if I get 40 hours of content out of this game, it is not bad, but far from great.

Perhaps, perhaps not even that, we'll see. You could beat Morrowind in 3 minutes but still people were able to sink time in it. So using speedrunners and MQ rushers as an example to MQ length is stupid, as you perhaps now see. We need avarages of all game times to see any worthwhile data.

There is no question in that there should be more content in CP though, there is no argument to that. There is still plenty to do, at least for me, but there should and could be more. They cut a lot out, for whatever reason and it will hopefully come back. So for now if I get 40 hours of content out of this game, it is not bad, but far from great.
It's really not stupid because you are clearly talking about people using exploits. But anyways, that discussion isn't going anywhere so let's just drop it.

I can definitely speak from my experience however. It took me weeks to finish the witcher and it wasn't even in one go. CP77 took me about 3-4 days and I actually didn't want to rush it. I had all the intentions to take my time in exploring and immersing myself in the world and setting. But I was tricked by the actual story to complete it asap. I was actually consciously forcing myself to ignore the story at some points to avoid missing too much.
And I would argue 40 hours of content is pretty pretty bad for a game that was advertised such as CP77.

It's really not stupid because you are clearly talking about people using exploits. But anyways, that discussion isn't going anywhere so let's just drop it.

I can definitely speak from my experience however. It took me weeks to finish the witcher and it wasn't even in one go. CP77 took me about 3-4 days and I actually didn't want to rush it. I had all the intentions to take my time in exploring and immersing myself in the world and setting. But I was tricked by the actual story to complete it asap. I was actually consciously forcing myself to ignore the story at some points to avoid missing too much.
And I would argue 40 hours of content is pretty pretty bad for a game that was advertised such as CP77.

Agreed.

The huge fault lies in their marketing and delevery not matching. Had this not been so hugely advertised everywhere with borderline empty promises, people would be much more content. Their release was pretty much the worst possible experience one can imagine and my bet is that a lot of content went trough the window due to overly optimistic deadlines. I dont believe that it was meant to be that much shorter than W3. Now someone needs to fix the skeleton they have and fetch that thrown content back.

Only after some months, maybe in a year I can safely decide (for myself) if this was some next level cockteasing, or if it becomes the next GotY.

I don`t want to fix the main quest. I like it when merged with the story-driven side quests (basically every romance character plus some others), it catches me and in some moments the game could make me stop to think about my decisions or care about some other character to know what happens next.

But I wish a real ending to the main's character story. It just felt short because it's inconclusive. And was strange the same kind of conclusion independent of which path you choose. Just as a guess, they did it in this way just to launch some DLC later concluding V's arc.

I doubt they will launch a new map just now. Night City is huge and can be re-explored. I bet they will launch a DLC (hope a free one) with an excuse to continue the main quest. And the ending which you choose in the game will probably influence the beginning of this conclusion but leading to the same path (kind of like happened in Nomad, Street Kid, or Corp).

And if they don't do this, it will be a waste of such a beautiful and detailed city with huge lore.

Looking at those three progress cards at the top of your menu, I was at 30% on the first card. Then I met Panam and played for a couple of hours. Then finally met up with Goro, the second time. All of a sudden it said 60%.

Definitely didn't expect that.

That's exactly what happened to me. They really screwed their witcher 3 fans that wanted a nice long cp game. When I heard it was gonna be short I didn't expect this. It's way way too short for a game this long in the making and hype. Honestly I can't remember my last game I played where the main story I finished in 19 hours. I'm trying to think. There are shorter games but to think that now cyberpunk is in my top 5 of shortest stories is truly a fucking shame.

Well when the narrative is telling you to hurry up because you are dying. Then people tend to focus on one thing at a time.
That's another thing lol. They rush you through the shortest rpg game they've ever madebto date lmao. Man they fucked up this game bad.

Well when the narrative is telling you to hurry up because you are dying. Then people tend to focus on one thing at a time.
Wait... so you're allowing the scripted game pacing to influence your decisions and then bitching that the game is too short? Do you wear a mask alone while driving with the windows up?

Wait... so you're allowing the scripted game pacing to influence your decisions and then bitching that the game is too short? Do you wear a mask alone while driving with the windows up?
Um what? What kind of comparison is that? If your question is if I allow myself to immerse myself into the game narrative and roleplay in a RPG game, then yes. My answer is yes.

It would not be a problem if it actually had branching quests and dialogues (most of the time NPCs answer the same line even if you select different dialogue choices), lifapaths had influence on V and actual C&C. As of now, the main quest is not short, but linear and without much reactivity and varietion.

Top Bottom