wp_special_far & wp_special_near

+
wp_special_far & wp_special_near

Basically the question is....Where the hell those two waypopints have to be placed? What is the trick? They seem to follow a rare triangulation rule I can't guess after a million attempts. For example I move far one right side and my map position moves to the center :dead: ? And prize of neutraity is not of much help, it uses wp_special_far_0 and wp_special_far_1 & wp_special_near_0 and wp_special_near_1... making that 4 waypoints, that would seem more logical, an square, 4 corners defining an area... BUT in that adventure one 'near' is next to a 'far' one breaking all the logic in defining the map area, besides d'jinni tells you that your waypoints have to be named ONLY near and far, no numbers... leaving you with only 2 waypoints to define the map position.... in one attempt I was really close to fit it, but a simple move failed it all... :'( :'(Somebody could please explain the basics? Thank you.

As far as I know these two waypoints should be placed at two ends of map, as far from each other as possible. The wgite pixels on region map should be placed in the same place where these waypoints are positioned. That's how the minimap works.

KatarzynaKuczyska said:
As far as I know these two waypoints should be placed at two ends of map, as far from each other as possible. The wgite pixels on region map should be placed in the same place where these waypoints are positioned. That's how the minimap works.
aaaaaaaaaaah, the white points in the region map, they are there, I had not seen them until now :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:So ... if I understood it well they must go here: Link if above image fails: http://img178.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mapgl240ke5.jpgThanks a million!!!! That was the problem, the upper one goes lower than the entrance door, I had it always placed at the level of the door. The bottom one, I never put it at the same exact bridge point but close enough to almost hit it :) It was so simple after all :-\

Top Bottom