Wrong Latin Spanish subtitltes instead SPANISH of Spain.

+
Just asking... why, when I chose Spanish subtitles, those appear in Latin Spanish mode? While all texts of messages are written in the correct Spanish language, subtitles are in Latin Spanish. To me, words like "neta" are unknown, or "chingar" unused by me but "joder/joderse".
Is it a mistake of programming work or just a simple lack of unkwonledge of the difference between both of the Spanish versions?

The game mixes several Spanish dialects or linguistic varieties. It's an intended feature of the game world. Each Spanish speaking social group/faction uses its own linguistic varieties. Does the same with English or Japanese. It makes a lot of sense to me, strengths the picture of Night City as a futuristic cosmopolite megalopolis where people with different backgrounds meet and create some kind of melting pot. Word or expressions like "neta" or "tons" may be unfamiliar to you in the same way latin american players can find confusing the expression "venga ya".

In my opinion, the game localization is pretty good. As a trade-off, in the translation process we lost the original quest/song titles. It hurts me to see Rage Against The Machine or AC/DC songtitles replaced by others by Mecano or Raphael.

Last edited:
No, please, don't search for a comfortable answer. Text messages are written in correct Spanish when you chose SPANISH language for subtitles. But each and one dialogue is subtitled in Latin Spanish, even if NPCs talk a correct English with no slang in their phrases. I am aware enough about differents gangs and its slangs, but ALL dialogues in Latin Spanish when you chose the Spanish language (and texting in the correct Spanish chose)???

It s a BIG mistake of CDRed in the game.

Same here, just bought Cyberpunk 2077 and it in spanish "spain" language, there is no latin american version... spanish "spain" version is kind of strange for a latin american to read/listen... it is understandable but... really awful.

Maybe there is some pack I didnt get?

Top Bottom