Wrong sound effect playing when successfully parrying an enemy with a shield

+
Wrong sound effect playing when successfully parrying an enemy with a shield

When I successfully parry an enemy with a shield, the wrong sound plays. Instead of playing the correct "thump" sound when Geralt slams into the shield with his shoulder, it plays the sound of a sword on sword parry. I know this is a small bug, but still annoying. It used to play the correct sound, but then just stopped. I am playing on PC. I tried verifying integrity, but it made no difference. Anyone experiencing this problem?

It could be an audio issue released with the latest patch but I can't say I've noticed. Did you try reloading an earlier save?

It's probably no more than a mis-pathed flag for certain NPCs. If you can find a fight where it occurs reliably, send in the saves to CDPR Support. These are really easy bugs to fix!

I can picture a dev, all jolly-like, taking an hour to add the correct sound file and double-check the other NPCs, then getting up for a cup of coffee...but his boss stops by and asks about the new -1 HP enemies appearing in Hearts of Stone. The dev's smile fades. Sunlight loses some of its luster. The coffee tastes a bit acidic.

Top Bottom