WTAA Club is now commencing, feel welcome to join! (Witcher 3 Addicts Anonymous)

+
WTAA Club is now commencing, feel welcome to join! (Witcher 3 Addicts Anonymous)

Hi, My name is AussieDad and yes I confess I am a complete Witcher 3 Addict :(

At first I meandered through the world of the new Witcher, exploring, but still having time to eat, sleep and generally be sociable to Family, Friends, and my 5 year old Daughter. Lately though, as I move further into the MQ and level my Geralt, I am finding that all of these things that I normally hold so dear to me have completely no impact on me anymore :(

Friends no longer bother to call to go out, my Missus has given up telling me to turn W3 off, my little Girl has given up asking me to play with her and asks where her cuddles are! It never go's away, I stay up late, miss Work, and make excuses why I need to play, even when I finally sleep I dream of W3 and its quests and charachters :( There is always just 'One More' quest to do, one more Question mark or Exclamation point to investigate :( The situation has grown hopeless!

Please help, maybe if more of us admit to our addiction we can help each other?

Thanks for taking the time to listen to my problem.

I'm gonna use Witcher 3 to cure you of your Witcher 3 addiction... Here goes. Don't be the bloody baron bro, go spend time with your daughter and wife!

I'm gonna use Witcher 3 to cure you of your Witcher 3 addiction... Here goes. Don't be the bloody baron bro, go spend time with your daughter and wife!

You people know who you are be honest, unless you admit to the problem it is never going to get any better !

Why would I do things like you mentioned when I could be playing more Witcher 3? There are lots of things that still need to be done, people need helping, monsters need destroying.. arrrgh where will I find all the time?

Guilty!! I have a problem!!! I'm somewhat lucky though. I Have a 1 month old and she does is sleep. So I feed my addiction as much as possible!! Only issue, I have to force myself to stop so I can spend time with the mrs.

I play witcher 3 a lot....and I don't think I really have a problem at all. Yeah, nope, no problems here.... *goes back to witcher 3*

I have restarted the game twice because i thought i was getting close to the end of the main quest and i i didn't want the game to end.

I was wrong about getting close to the end on both times.

Guilty!! I have a problem!!! I'm somewhat lucky though. I Have a 1 month old and she does is sleep. So I feed my addiction as much as possible!! Only issue, I have to force myself to stop so I can spend time with the mrs.

Good roded88, this is the first step to addressing your problem, now we can progress. Unfortunately my little one is 5 so she is a bit hard to ignore when playing W3, and seems there is a fair amount of 'Adult' content I often have to send her away and pause the game rather than let her learn things well beyond her years and repeat what she has seen at Kinder!

How is your missus dealing with your addiction? Mine isn't too impressed, however I have found an hour or so to play after she has gone to bed or she is on the phone ! Every time I stop playing I am still thinking about the game and what quest I should be doing next to progress.... I am still in Valen and haven't even explored the top half of the map ! This game is very hard to put down, hence my problem :(

---------- Updated at 08:36 AM ----------

I play witcher 3 a lot....and I don't think I really have a problem at all. Yeah, nope, no problems here.... *goes back to witcher 3*

Sounds like you are in denial, the sooner you admit that you have a problem the sooner we can all help! Remember, we are all in the same boat here, don't be shy!

---------- Updated at 08:38 AM ----------

I have restarted the game twice because i thought i was getting close to the end of the main quest and i i didn't want the game to end.

I was wrong about getting close to the end on both times.

Oh my goodness, you do have it bad don't you? Well that is why we are here, we can share our sympathy and help because this problem is global and we share your addiction.

I'm up to the point where I have to go to pick up Uma. I feel that it's somehow towards the late game, so I put the main quest aside and start visiting those "?" locations. My near 3yr old daughter always come to see me slashing up those bandits and monsters and always ask me to go into the water (she likes swimming), and I'll tell her "no, there are monsters in the water."...lol!

But I'm only a few hours in and already addicted....>_>

---------- Updated at 08:55 AM ----------

Why yes. I'll play gwent with you. OK..I think I get this....*lost*. OK fine another match..*win* Hey innkeeper! I'm buying all your cards.

When I bought the game I played for 22 hours without taking a break and only stopped because I was about to fall asleep with the controller in hand.

I finished the game yesterday and I'm going through harsh signs of withdrawal, don't know how to help myself.

Top Bottom