WTF All my Cards for transmuting just got MILLED!!! BUG? Help CDPR.

+
Leaving aside the buggy coding, apparent lack of testing and question as to why auto-milling needed to be introduced for a moment, here's what gets me - we already had a limited, but perfectly functional mill spares button before all this auto-mill nonsense started. Why not just build off that?

If CDPR were determined to introduce auto-mill (apparently due to interface issues on mobiles), they could have just kept the old mill spares button as it was, but auto-clicked it when the player entered the deck builder (preferably with an option to turn that function off/on in the settings menu). That button brought up the following dialogue box -

Old Dialogue Box.png

This showed you what you would gain from milling, but most importantly gave the player control and left the decision of whether to proceed in their hands.

Sure, I would have liked more flexibility for managing my collection and my spare cards, but at the very least I still had final say in what happened to the cards in my collection - after all, as a Collectible Card Game, building and managing your collection is a big part of the game.

Surely just doing something like this would have been far simpler, achieved CDPR's desired goal and avoided all this mess.

PS - on the subject of buggy coding. It is bad enough that there are so many bugs with each release, but for a piece of functionality that has the ability to irretrievably destroy resources that the player has worked hard to earn or possibly even bought with real money, CDPR really should have taken a lot more care.

Pathetic and not even an apology. Let's throw it on Twitter, because we don't use our own forum.

We apologized for the auto-mill in our dev stream. Now with our buggy fix, we have milled your transmutable cards for a second time. We want to make it harder for you to create premiums. Milling your transmutable duplicates and taking your cards away (leader cards done previously) seems a good way to do it. Hurray for our EULA! :disapprove::giveup:

Not only a fix, but also already considering adding "custom features", which sounds like the options many have been requesting.

Pathetic and not even an apology. Let's throw it on Twitter, because we don't use our own forum.

We apologized for the auto-mill in our dev stream. Now with our buggy fix, we have milled your transmutable cards for a second time. We want to make it harder for you to create premiums. Milling your transmutable duplicates and taking your cards away (leader cards done previously) seems a good way to do it. Hurray for our EULA! :disapprove::giveup:

If you have paid for Kegs, you are eligible for refunds:

"Detail under the "digital content to be of satisfactory quality" section of the Act:
  • It is the norm to encounter some bugs in a complex game or piece of software on release so a reasonable person might not expect that type of digital content to be free from minor defects. Consequently the application of the quality aspect 'freedom from minor defects' to digital content will depend on reasonable expectations as to quality.
  • As with goods, quality does not refer to subjective judgements as to the artistic value of the content itself (e.g. whether or not a book was interesting or well written).
If a digital good is considered faulty, the Act gives consumers the right to repair or replacement, and the retailer must do this "within a reasonable time"."

Put in your claims, and don't give in to thievery.

Not only a fix, but also already considering adding "custom features", which sounds like the options many have been requesting.
That's a nice way to put it. This is a fix for a bug in a fix that should have fixed the bad auto-mill. Custom features have been requested by the community ages ago for the manual mill button, not for the auto-mill.

Cards got milled again. How is that acceptable?

Edit: Removed the "incorrect"

Last edited:
Custom features have been requested by the community ages ago for the manual mill button, not for the auto-mill.
Add filters for auto milling that be adjusted by the user.
And it's nowhere near the only example.

This is a fix for a bug in a fix that should have fixed the bad auto-mill.
A fix is a fix. That's even not up for debate, because it's the very definition of a fix to fix something. What that something is is irrelevant.

Nothing incorrect in what I said, other than possibly the interpretation of "custom features". An opinion does not make clearly demonstrable facts incorrect, and I won't even respond to further comments of that kind.

Add filters for auto milling that be adjusted by the user.
And it's nowhere near the only example.

A fix is a fix. That's even not up for debate, because it's the very definition of a fix to fix something. What that something is is irrelevant.

Nothing incorrect in what I said, other than possibly the interpretation of "custom features". An opinion does not make clearly demonstrable facts incorrect, and I won't even respond to further comments of that kind.
Nothing incorrect, just lacking critical context imo. It's context what matters and the end result of lost cards.

Nothing incorrect,
Contradicting yourself there, though you edited it out.

It's context what matters and the end result of lost cards.
Context does not make a difference when it comes to simple facts. Because they are facts. Objective, simple facts of which the first I even proved to be true.

Nothing wrong with being upset, but trying to twist everything to fit that view is never going to work.

Contradicting yourself there, though you edited it out.
That's why I edited it.
Context does not make a difference when it comes to simple facts. Because they are facts. Objective, simple facts of which the first I even proved to be true.

Nothing wrong with being upset, but trying to twist everything to fit that view is never going to work.
Please don't insinuate that I try to twist things. Requests for custom mill features have been made a long time ago already for the manual mill. Context always matters. Facts cannot be presented in a vacuum. A fix for a fix that didn't fix bad auto-mill is not the same as a fix for bad auto-mill. Cards have been lost (twice). I'll leave it at that.

They do seem to be rather blase about the whole auto-mill fiasco. The leader cards confiscation was also bad (and will feel even worse when they cost 800 powder to transmute if we have to re-craft them when they eventually reappear). It really does give the impression that they don't respect players' collections. Almost as if they don't see us as actually having ownership at all (the EULA does kind of support this mentality).

Perhaps the developers are just too far removed from the actual day-to-day player experience? How many of them have experienced the game as a normal player would, especially lately, with all the recent changes to the economy and its mechanisms? I don't know if they can find the time, but perhaps it might be a worthwhile exercise?

Have they tried to start a new account from scratch with no access to developer powers or administrator privileges, and then played with and grown that account over an extended period? What if they had to earn or purchase everything exactly as a player would have to? What if they couldn't just magically add that premium card that they like or that cosmetic or board skin that is no longer available? Would the way they implement or change things be different if it affected them in the same way that it affects regular players?

I've often wondered about this, but it was brought more clearly to my mind following this recent mess with auto-milling. In the "mea culpa" stream, Jason admitted that they hadn't thought about the implications of players retaining spare cards for later transmuting (and they clearly either didn't see or didn't heed the warnings on their own forums). It just wasn't something that affected the developers. If they wanted a new premium card, presumably they used powers to just grant themselves it.

Without having to earn and build their card collections, perhaps they did not place enough value on its contents, and therefore didn't consider the impact that just irretrievably destroying cards without control or consent could have. If they had had to earn or purchase all the cards in their collections, would they have implemented the auto-mill feature in the way that they did? Would they have made absolutely sure that the revised version didn't have a critical flaw before releasing it, especially as they don't currently have any way of reverting things?

It also makes me wonder if they would allow obviously overpowered cards and abilities to be released into the wild as often as they have been, and would they allow them to go unchanged for as long as some of them have? As developers, they see the statistics, but do they experience the same frustrations that the players do? There was the infamous "F*** Sihil!" incident, but it isn't the only card that has caused such feelings in players.

Would they also be happy with many of the shortcomings of the user interface, particularly with regard to the collection manager and deck-builder? I know it might be seen as a lower priority, but it has been neglected for far too long. For those of us that like to interact heavily with our collections and deck-building, it really leaves a lot to be desired.

I'm sure that CDPR aren't deliberately trying to upset their players, but maybe they could try a bit harder to put themselves in our shoes before making some of the changes they do.

Hi, folks! Just a few things:

1.) I fully sympathize with people that had their collections heavily affected by this, and I feel many of the arguments here are 100% valid. Please, do continue discussing how this has affected gameplay, deck-building, the collection aspect, etc. Very sorry for people that had a lot of their time and effort disrupted. Keep in mind, though, that despite any goofs in the process, the goal is to try to better manage playable decks and balance the macro progression in the game.

2.) CDPR has said no further comment for now. Let's be reasonable here, everyone. The offices are closed. People are quarantined, working remotely. Progress is being made on Gwent, Cyberpunk, and TW3 on Switch despite all of this. Communication between teams is obviously not as fluent as it is when you're working in the same space with other people. Obviously, someone made a mistake. Give them time to try to sort it out and come up with a plan. If you suspect (or know) something went wrong in your collection -- start getting what evidence you can together. Be able to present that later when a resolution is found.

3.) Send the issue into CDPR Support. The best way to let the devs know there is a big problem is to have large numbers of Support tickets about the same issue. If you have not sent this in, please do.

• But -- very importantly -- do not start getting into discussions about law and politics on the Forums. If you feel that you have such an argument, even if justified, take that up with CDPR directly. Any such consideration is both sensitive and personal in nature, and the public boards are not a place to have such discussions. That's why we have the regulation in place. In a very literal sense: wrong forum.

Last edited:
Hi, folks! Just a few things:

1.) I fully sympathize with people that had their collections heavily affected by this, and I feel many of the arguments here are 100% valid. Please, do continue discussing how this has affected gameplay, deck-building, the collection aspect, etc. Very sorry for people that had a lot of their time and effort disrupted. Keep in mind, though, that despite any goofs in the process, the goal is to try to better manage playable decks and balance the macro progression in the game.

2.) CDPR has said no further comment for now. Let's be reasonable here, everyone. The offices are closed. People are quarantined, working remotely. Progress is being made on Gwent, Cyberpunk, and TW3 on Switch despite all of this. Communication between teams is obviously not as fluent as it is when you're working in the same space with other people. Obviously, someone made a mistake. Give them time to try to sort it out and come up with a plan. If you suspect (or know) something went wrong in your collection -- start getting what evidence you can together. Be able to present that later when a resolution is found.

3.) Send the issue into CDPR Support. The best way to let the devs know there is a big problem is to have large numbers of Support tickets about the same issue. If you have not sent this in, please do.

• But -- very importantly -- do not start getting into discussions about law and politics on the Forums. If you feel that you have such an argument, even if justified, take that up with CDPR directly. Any such consideration is both sensitive and personal in nature, and the public boards are not a place to have such discussions. That's why we have the regulation in place. In a very literal sense: wrong forum.
If I were in CDPR shoes, I would hope the legal talk stays in forums letting the core fans know of their rights instead of IGN writing a click- magnified article about it.

Top Bottom