WWW.WITCHERSITE.PL hands-on impressions translation [very insightful material]

+
If I recall correctly you could change difficulty during a TW2 playthrough too. Can't remember how Dark items got handled though.

You could change FROM dark mode to another one at any time, but lost the exclusive dark mode items. You couldn't change TO dark mode. The other modes could be switched as and when you wanted.

And yes, unless he just didn't explain it well, it would imply that there aren't dark mode items this time, that it's just a difficulty level.

You could change FROM dark mode to another one at any time, but lost the exclusive dark mode items. You couldn't change TO dark mode. The other modes could be switched as and when you wanted.

And yes, unless he just didn't explain it well, it would imply that there aren't dark mode items this time, that it's just a difficulty level.

Ah that makes sense, thanks for jogging the memory. I can live without dark mode items, the sound and visual effects were cool but got annoying (to say the least) by the time I reached the epilogue.

I hope he did not explain it well. Rewarding higher difficulty with extra gear is always a very nice mechanic. It was great in TW2, and it was great in dark souls 2, where several itemes and weapons where only accesible in NG+, like the chaos blade.

I hope he did not explain it well.

To be honest, I think it could be either. It's the kind of answer that people give and then, five minutes later, think "Damn, I forgot to say '... except for Dark Mode'." So we may need to wait and see if it's confirmed later.

No Dark Mode items, it's just the hardest difficulty level. You can switch anytime, but you loose achievements for finishing game on Dark difficulty level (not mode, in fact).
Does the game have achievements built in or are you talking about Steam/GALAXY achievements?

No Dark Mode items, it's just the hardest difficulty level. You can switch anytime, but you loose achievements for finishing game on Dark difficulty level (not mode, in fact).

I hope this time it will be really hard. Because in Witcher 2 it wasn't. At the beginning the difficulty was ok, but once you craft your first set in act 1 the game becomes a catwalk.(especially with roll spamming and quen being too powerful). Give us a challenge this time plz.

I hope this time it will be really hard. Because in Witcher 2 it wasn't. At the beginning the difficulty was ok, but once you craft your first set in act 1 the game becomes a catwalk.(especially with roll spamming and quen being too powerful). Give us a challenge this time plz.
Ha, yeah to you maybe :)
Fuck that, I could only enjoy TW2 on easy. I'm going to be really upset, if TW3 easy setting is so hard that I'm stuck in the same sopt for my two hours of gameplay a day. That would suck, I want to enjoy the story and fly through it. I don't have time for these dark souls/lords of the fallen type games. I might try TW3 on normal first, just to see if it's fun and easy enough, but if it starts to cramp the flow, then easy setting it is. I happy for you guys that get a dark setting, that's awesome for you! I hope devs make it so hard that you can never finish the game HaHa
;)

Last edited:
Ha, yeah to you maybe :)
Fuck that, I could only enjoy TW2 on easy. I'm going to be really upset, if TW3 easy setting is so hard that I'm stuck in the same sopt for my two hours of gameplay a day. That would suck, I want to enjoy the story and fly through it. I don't have time for these dark souls/lords of the fallen type games. I might try TW3 on normal first, just to see if it's fun and easy enough, but if it starts to cramp the flow, then easy setting it is. ;)

The man was talking about Dark Mode, not Easy Mode.

Too bad, it was a very nice feature. In Dark Souls 2, the extra loot/enemies when you progressed to higher difficulties was one of the most welcomed changes by the community.

I am not on the forums much... But this article was so frickin' awesome to read. Just amazing. I have to give my heartfelt thanks to @gregski, @Lukas77PL, and @ Regis – protagonista for the work they put into this, the labor of love. My best friend got me into the original game, and since then I've played TW2 through at least 6 times, and TW1 3, and read the books all the way through twice. (Thanks to the fan translations!) The Witcher's world captures me like no other. This article was what I needed. It's like the only one that isn't bunk... It seems that many of them just didn't cover TW3 very studiously. I'll be playing on PS4 due to my PC being in shambles for awhile. I am at peace with this now, and utterly stoked for May 19th. Funny how it's a few days before my birthday. Nice coincidence.

This being said, I was stoked to hear this rumor about Regis, lovable vampire that he is. Although I haven't been able to spot him myself. (doesn't help that this PC is pretty old and has no video card, so even youtube is a pain and shudders on anything above SD)

Too bad, it was a very nice feature. In Dark Souls 2, the extra loot/enemies when you progressed to higher difficulties was one of the most welcomed changes by the community.

They did mention a little while ago that difficulty determines the number of enemies you fight, however.

I just wanted to use my first post to say thank you to the authors and translator. Really nice to read something insightful, the media tend to focus on the same things (and those things I am usually not interested in).

Now there is only one last piece of information I am looking for, and that is whether or not each item has a description except for "junk" or "contains vitriol". I loved the lore heavy descriptions of the first game. I also hope that the journal contains information on flowers, monster parts etc.

I just recently play TW 1 and I would say it as more the witcher feel in it compared to TW2
So in the gameplay trailer I bet we will see that bounty hunter(not to mention unkillable) more often when we try to kill civilans in TW3

Last edited:
@theta77 Please consider adding dark mode items in future DLC's. It was a very rewarding mechanic in TW2 and I'd gladly see it's comeback. Perhaps tied to some uberpowerfull bosses and a tiny bit of a story. I'd even gladly pay for something like that :D

Top Bottom