WWW.WITCHERSITE.PL hands-on impressions translation [very insightful material]

+
Thank you guys for such a lenghty and in-depth article written with such a passion only a true Witcher universe fan can produce (and recognize), you single-handedly hyped me up for the game so much that I will probably go dark on the forums, and "hibernate" with my TW1, TW2, and books until the glorious May. I don't need anything more than what I read here, and what I saw from footage, this will be the best game for me even if it was made in Aurora engine (again).

A big thanks to gregski too for providing us mere non-polish speakers a privilege to read and put our minds and hearts at ease. We long time fans know that CDPR is doing over full steam in battling all the minuses and imperfections found on hands-on event, and now more than ever they could use a bit of support from their most loved community.
You succeeded 2 times now, third times the charm. We believe in you, and nothing shows that better than articles written (and translated) with love and passion like these.
All the best :cheers:

Great to hear. So not another redesign (like SOD trailer-> Elder Blood trailer) but just improvement of her Elder Blood face?

You know - I think its the same face but greatly improved. I mean, there is significant difference between watching a trailer - especially on shitty YT - and playing actual game live, on monitor or tv. When I saw Yen for the first time I was like - "emotionaly freezed for a moment". It is connected also with my personal experience because "someone" who I like very much has very, very similar face to "Yen from W3". I dont know how REDs did it but it was a little suprise for me. :hmm:

Glad to hear the game is doing so well on PS4. Hope the optimization will continue, especially the pop-in problems. My plan was to get it on PS4 and then get it for PC some months later after hardware prices drop and all the mods are out and polished (always want PC mods for RPG's). Thanks for the best preview out there, and for the translation.

Thank you guys for such a lenghty and in-depth article written with such a passion only a true Witcher universe fan can produce (and recognize), you single-handedly hyped me up for the game so much that I will probably go dark on the forums, and "hibernate" with my TW1, TW2, and books until the glorious May. I don't need anything more than what I read here, and what I saw from footage, this will be the best game for me even if it was made in Aurora engine (again).

A big thanks to gregski too for providing us mere non-polish speakers a privilege to read and put our minds and hearts at ease. We long time fans know that CDPR is doing over full steam in battling all the minuses and imperfections found on hands-on event, and now more than ever they could use a bit of support from their most loved community.
You succeeded 2 times now, third times the charm. We believe in you, and nothing shows that better than articles written (and translated) with love and passion like these.
All the best :cheers:
Wisely spoken, my brother :cheers2:
Ни Његош не би боље ;)

Thank you very much, gregski. ;)
Can I use your translation to translate this article in my native language?

Hey, when you translate it, please provide me a link. I dont know your language but I'd like to just see it :D

---------- Updated at 09:49 PM ----------

View attachment 9824

And this is our photo ( from the left: Lukas, Regis, Marcin Momot, Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz) made after interview with Mateusz. Marcin in the background is like that person from the SOD Trailer :cheers:

Attachments

• 10867049_10200117740343099_175374056_n.jpg
    10867049_10200117740343099_175374056_n.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Dear Melitele, these are probably the best articles I've ever read about The Witcher 3, you can easily see they are written by true fans, who went into full details about cons and pros. It took me a while to read all of that, but yeah totally worth it. And finally I got how the alchemy system works!

I won't mention how I reacted when I read the Regis bit, oh... well teary eyes. And from what I've read I am sure I will go in full feels mode when playing this game.

Thank you Regis and Lukas for providing us such detailed info and of course thank you gregski for translating it.

Dear Melitele, these are probably the best articles I've ever read about The Witcher 3, you can easily see they are written by true fans, who went into full details about cons and pros. It took me a while to read all of that, but yeah totally worth it. And finally I got how the alchemy system works!

I won't mention how I reacted when I read the Regis bit, oh... well teary eyes. And from what I've read I am sure I will go in full feels mode when playing this game.

Thank you Regis and Lukas for providing us such detailed info and of course thank you gregski for translating it.

BIG THANKS - it means a lot for us :victory:

A dream game for Gothic fans

Generally the gameplay in The Wild Hunt gets as close as possible to the first 2 games from Gothic series with all its advatanges and disadvantages. When it comes to the former, the game’s world is stunningly natural and believable; it simply lives. All those fields, meadows, forests, hills – in other words, all those bucolic landscapes gracing our eyes are as beautiful as Soplicowo from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_Tadeusz”]”Pan Tadeusz”[/url]. The world invites exploration. It was such a pleasure to ride on Roach’s back to a majestic windmill visible on the horizon or to dive in a pond to look for potion ingredients. You can used fast travel to move between previously visited locations. It lets you save some time but on the other hand traditional traversing the Witcherland has definitely more charm. Furthermore I got an impression that the game will keep that charm even when you already know it(just like Piranha Bytes productions). Speaking of Gothic series I have to mention the difficulty level. If you thought that you will fear wolves while entering the fores let me explain – even wild dogs can be more dangerous. The Witcher 3 already on the Normal difficulty setting(there are 4: easy, normal, hard and Dark) is really demanding.. Without drinking potions, using signs and dodges it’s hard to overcome even a group of ghuls. After 3 hours of playing I got the impression that the normal difficulty level that I played on is perfectly balanced.
I'm glad to hear that, it's been years since last I pre-ordered a game (Gothic III) but this time I know for sure that I'll not be disappointed.
Big thanks to Lukas and Regis for their passionate and in-depth impressions and Gregski for the translation, it was a joy to read from start to finish.

Being able to fistfight with angry mob was another positive surprise for me. It’s played just like an ordinary sword fight in TW3, without QTE sequences.
I'm glad they're doing this. I heard Damian (I think) on stream say he hated QTEs so I was hoping they were gotten rid of

I've been lurking for awhile now without posting, but I wanted to pop my posting cherry by thanking both the original author and the translator for the immense amount of thought, effort, and passion that went into this article. A vastly better read than all the other reviews out there.

On the other hand, now it's even harder to wait until May, so maybe I should be hating you, not thanking you...hmm.

Top Bottom