WWW.WITCHERSITE.PL hands-on impressions translation [very insightful material]

+
Finally a detailed and well written article! The Witcher is something very important for you and this can be seen in every word of what you have written. So thank you guys for your work and thank Gregski for the translation!

and when I read about Regis I started to cry and laugh at the same time! xD

Thank you for such a positive opinion. :) And of course thank you gregski for translating it. It means a lot for me and Lukas. :)
As you can easy see, the both texts are very different. I concentrated on describing the impressions of the story and the world, because it will be for me the most important thing in the The Witcher 3. I have approach to this game like a good book, or a movie.The combat system and general mechanics (alchemy, magic) for me is supplement, it must be good and give me satisfaction, and not to spoil the game experience. On the other hand Lukas (thanks for him for over 12 pages of text!) focused on them, and the glory for him. - Texts are complementary and everyone can find the perfect part for himself. :)

thanks all of you involved in this excellent labor, its a major help and satisfaction for all of us refreshing the forums and pages each hour for new valuable information and content.

The Regis thing literally made me get up of my chair, turn around a few times trying to understand the incredible-ness of seeing him in the game and then jump on the chair again to continue reading. It was the last thing I was expecting TW3 to reveal to me, I predicted Ciri appearing but also being playable in 2013 as well as other things, but this info was the one that I was secretly suspecting was true even though I had no indicators to support it.

:cheers: to you guys

thanks all of you involved in this excellent labor, its a major help and satisfaction for all of us refreshing the forums and pages each hour for new valuable information and content.

The Regis thing literally made me get up of my chair, turn around a few times trying to understand the incredible-ness of seeing him in the game and then jump on the chair again to continue reading. It was the last thing I was expecting TW3 to reveal to me, I predicted Ciri appearing but also being playable in 2013 as well as other things, but this info was the one that I was secretly suspecting was true even though I had no indicators to support it.

:cheers: to you guys

:cheers:

Thank you for articles and translation, great read. I am re-reading the saga and will replay Witcher 2 and I am so insanely hyped for TW3 my head will explode.

Thank you guys for such a lenghty and in-depth article written with such a passion only a true Witcher universe fan can produce (and recognize), you single-handedly hyped me up for the game so much that I will probably go dark on the forums, and "hibernate" with my TW1, TW2, and books until the glorious May. I don't need anything more than what I read here, and what I saw from footage, this will be the best game for me even if it was made in Aurora engine (again).

A big thanks to gregski too for providing us mere non-polish speakers a privilege to read and put our minds and hearts at ease. We long time fans know that CDPR is doing over full steam in battling all the minuses and imperfections found on hands-on event, and now more than ever they could use a bit of support from their most loved community.
You succeeded 2 times now, third times the charm. We believe in you, and nothing shows that better than articles written (and translated) with love and passion like these.
All the best :cheers:

Good idea, im going to freeze myself till may.
dont forget to wake me up guys

Awesome :) thank you guys for sharing your experience with us, and of course special thanks to gregski for the superb (and time consuming) translation ;)

Okay, fianlly got time to go through this preview. First off:
For example, I was really skeptical about the crossbow, but it is introduced in such a way in the game that there’s no way you can bitch about it.

Challenge accepted.

Secondly, great, in-depth preview; thanks to the witchersite guys for it and gregski for translating it.

This is by far the best preview I've read. It's actually a preview. I feel inebriated by all the praise it's been showering and the hype dosage should keep me going for a good while. Thanks a lot, guys! There's one part in particular that stood out for me.

Regis.

It's hard to explain the giddiness I felt when I read that. You guys understand, having read the books. Thing is, anyone who hasn't won't understand our highschool starry-eyed look. And it almost makes me sad to think how many people will just miss the emotional punches this game will deliver. Sorry for this romantic moment - TW3 has the potential to become the most touching experience in the gaming industry. Partly due to the Reds' skills, partly due to the fact that its foundations are seven books (well, more, but never mind). It's really hard to convey to people how it makes the journey oh so different. I can't think of any other game that has this advantage, and it's part of the reason why this will likely become, to us, an unforgettable experience.

I remember how once I finished reading the books, suddenly just the title Wild Hunt made me look at it in a completely different way, and put this tingling sensation in my spine. The next time I became so excited was during the Sword of Destiny trailer, when Emhyr and Geralt were talking about Ciri, and the camera slowly rolls up her body as she runs. I was really happy to see her, and I'm not even one of her biggest fans. And now this, with Regis.

I don't doubt that newcomers will still be moved by the game. Many of the previews of people who haven't even played the previous ones spoke of how well CDPR drew them in to the world and connected them to the characters. But for those enjoying the complete picture? I bet there won't be anything else like this, for many, many years.

The formatting got messed up a little for some reason, sorry guys. Will try to fix it.
You know what, gregski, we're tired of your lazy shit, alright?

You know, reading this article makes the other journalist articles look generic. Also some of what this guy says (and I trust him more than any journalist) conflicts with what others have said, especially when it comes to combat.

Most extensive and detailed preview so far. Much thanks to everyone involved, especially @gregski for taking the time to translate. I'm most encouraged by two things: everyone keeps mentioning the quality of the writing, and the melee system has been evolved just like I'd hoped. Everything I read about combat made sense to me as a logical improvement. Pretty thrilled I get to bash thugs in groups now too.

That was one hell of a long read.

After finishing The Witcher 2 I waited patiently for news of TW3. Then the announcement came. One logo video. I was excited. When I heard about TW 3 being open world it did not move me. I thought: Oh dear, this overworld propaganda and overrated thing. I want my game to be following a story like in the first two games. However I trusted CDPR would do it's best to make it as good as they could. To be honest, I never thought a real living world in an RPG would be possible. Like truly role playing in an environment that is alive. From what I've read and seen, I know TW3 will redefine the term 'Open World' and bring a new term to the table to define new games who try to take that element in their future games. "Open Living World". I bet TW3 will put games who claim to be an open world to shame.

To continue on...

When I started reading the books and finishing them, I had this idea in my head: If TW3 would so this it would be all I could hope for in a story. What does CDPR do? It delivers exactly what I'd hope the story would be. (speculating on as much as what has been revealed). I was a bit sceptic of the music because that area is very important to me. WIth the departure of all W1 and 2 music composers, I was worried. However, the music is already growing on me.

In terms of combat, I hoped we would be able to fight like geralt from the books. But of course that would never be possible I thought... after reading this, I'd have to experience it but I'm convinced they actually managed it which surprises me.

There's so much more that CDPR have done. Mounted combat? I knew it was an idea they had, never thought they'd make it in the game. Swimming underwater? Wow, that's incredible but that's way more than I had asked for.

Now my only disappointments are: 1. No returning characters from TW1? Why did I play TW 1 two times over then if my choices from that game don't seem to matter? This would have been an awesome oppertunity to reward long time fans of the series with some returning characters.

2. The fact that my old computer from 2010 will not run the game on minimum and have no money to buy a new computer. But that's a personal thing. I do hope they will optimise it even further so people with 'ancient' pcs that ran TW 2 on high, can still play on minimum. Not to get Eye Candy but to be able to experience Wild Hunt.

Anyhow, it basically it comes down to this: From what I've read, and this preview is not too exegerated, The Wild Hunt is everything I had dreamt of and beyond. Waaaay beyond what I could possibly fathom.

Thank you Grekski for the translation
Thank you two polish lucky people for the information.

Thank you CDPR.

Last edited:
Loved the interview. I was really wanting to get some console Impressions since I may have both around launch time, and I'm still a bit torn as to whether to get a ps4 plus TW3 on it or to stick things out with my XBone aka dust collector. From graphics to story to gameplay it was more comprehensive than any major videogame review site from THe articles thread. Hype keeps rising :)

IsengrimR

Best extensive view so far, read it in the original, and glanced at the very damn good translation. Good job.

The issue I really still have is the lack of extensive view on the skill tree however. Which is not a shot at the Witchersite guys, just curiosity.
And yeah, that "don't change the graphical settings" part did rub me very much the wrong way, I have to admit.

We'll will see, Witcher 3 does indeed, look promising, but, honestly, I'm still not convinced.

Amazing preview. :D I'm one of the few that was never really all that worried about various gameplay details or graphics aspects because I can easily adjust if the game is really that immersive and fun. Going by TW1 and TW2, I felt pretty confident in TW3 and these impressions only reinforce that. My only worry has always been how well they'll do book characters/history justice (Yennefer, for example). I can understand that the games are their own vision, but I really hope they truly bring the characters we know and love to life. :) The tease about Regis only adds to the hype.

Thanks for all the hard work put into writing and translating this! It is greatly appreciated! May is so far away. :p

Maciek Kwiatkowski – the stuntman that’s with CDPR from TW1 and records moves for Geralt – has been fully used to reproduce swordsmanship essence in a video game. Each step Geralt takes, each cut, leap, pirouette or dodge are moves recreated with attention to detail and realism, underlined by natural and smooth transitions between subsequent animations.

O M G!!! This is so freaking awesome! I can't believe how much they improved the combat system since 2014... Just wow, so smooth and epicly animated...

Also HUGE thanks to @gregski for doing this, absolutely amazing previews - no doubt that it's the best one so far. Very informative stuff. Thank you.

---------- Updated at 07:32 AM ----------

I don't doubt that newcomers will still be moved by the game. Many of the previews of people who haven't even played the previous ones spoke of how well CDPR drew them in to the world and connected them to the characters. But for those enjoying the complete picture? I bet there won't be anything else like this, for many, many years.
Very well said. For fans, who have read the books, this will be more than just an amazing game.

Top Bottom