WWW.WITCHERSITE.PL hands-on impressions translation [very insightful material]

+
39. Will meditation be possible only by a campfire? – Not only by a campfire, it can be activated anywhere

This is probably the one thing that disappoints me from those questions. I'd prefer W1's system (one of the few things I like more in W1 than W2) of resting. I like the idea of having to rest at an inn in order to progress time, which I thought was really cool. But it's not too big of a deal I guess. It's probably because it's how you regenerate health now. Another thing I don't like. How is that any better than regenerating health? It's easy enough to do it that it doesn't add any extra difficulty and takes long enough that it will get boring and repetitive. Oh well, they can't please everyone with every single feature I suppose, and everything else sounds so awesome I can get past this one little thing.

This is probably the one thing that disappoints me from those questions. I'd prefer W1's system (one of the few things I like more in W1 than W2) of resting. I like the idea of having to rest at an inn in order to progress time, which I thought was really cool. But it's not too big of a deal I guess. It's probably because it's how you regenerate health now. Another thing I don't like. How is that any better than regenerating health? It's easy enough to do it that it doesn't add any extra difficulty and takes long enough that it will get boring and repetitive. Oh well, they can't please everyone with every single feature I suppose, and everything else sounds so awesome I can get past this one little thing.
Didn't your health regen in The Witcher 1 when you meditated? Or am I remembering it wrong.

Didn't your health regen in The Witcher 1 when you meditated? Or am I remembering it wrong.

Yes, but very slowly.
but I wasn't talking about W1 when it comes to health regen. I was referring to the fact you couldn't meditate just anywhere in the first game and I was disappointed that they changed this. It's not very clear from what I said but I was basically saying that one of the reasons they couldn't do the Witcher 1 style of meditating/resting was because you regenerate health by meditating now, which would be inconvenient if you had to find a campfire or inn after every fight.

Yes, but very slowly.
but I wasn't talking about W1 when it comes to health regen. I was referring to the fact you couldn't meditate just anywhere in the first game and I was disappointed that they changed this. It's not very clear from what I said but I was basically saying that one of the reasons they couldn't do the Witcher 1 style of meditating/resting was because you regenerate health by meditating now, which would be inconvenient if you had to find a campfire or inn after every fight.
I'd imagine it would be hard or annoying spacing out meditation spots in such a big open world. Inns are obvious, but camp fires would probably be a bit much. It makes sense to me Geralt can form a camp fire anytime. I don't really mind meditation anywhere. I like the thought of making a fire after a big hunt instead of having to run around looking for one when no Inn is nearby.

11. Will there be a creator of saves from previous games? – After a few hours of play, at the end of the prologue there will be something like a “survey” dressed as dialogues, This will be a deciding moment where we can set our choices from the previous games. This will be optional (During the GOG stream it has been hinted that it’s going to be done as a ballad by Dandelion where we will be able to correct him while he sings to mark our choices)

Someone should have an exclusive credit just for thinking that up.

Why don't you read it? Whole Witcher saga is translated to German, as far as I know...
You will enjoy playing games much more after reading the books, trust me... ;)

It's just the language.
I play all my games in English and read all books in English.
German is just not as nice a language as English IMO.
So yeah I'll probably read them in German, but only those which are not available in English.

I'd imagine it would be hard or annoying spacing out meditation spots in such a big open world. Inns are obvious, but camp fires would probably be a bit much. It makes sense to me Geralt can form a camp fire anytime. I don't really mind meditation anywhere. I like the thought of making a fire after a big hunt instead of having to run around looking for one when no Inn is nearby.

I agree.
I also liked meditation on places with a nice view, imagining Geralt getting some rest and clarity while meditating in the wilderness.

Last edited:
It's just the language.
I play all my games in English and read all books in English.
German is just not as nice a language as English IMO.
So yeah I'll probably read them in German, but only those which are not available in English.

We are the same person, I´m sure of it.

just the fact that you play all games in english lol
but I guess there are a few germans who do this, especially with our, often, horrendous voice-acting

Tell me about it.
But to be honest, even if the voice acting would be good, I just love the English language.
I'm just different from most Germans.
Want to study in the US (Hope it works) and playing American Football, love England as a country and would love to see Australia and New Zeeland (It will be like I'm in Middle-Earth :D :D) one day.

Great and informative read! It sounds like the devs really are creating the "next quintessential RPG."

TBH, the thing that made me happiest from this article is that the storytelling is more like TW1 than TW2. :D

I hope our articles are useful and interesting for you guys. :cheers:
Lol, "useful and interesting" is an understatement. Thanks so much for taking the time to translate it!

Thanks for the translation, gregski <3

btw

HOLY SHIT.

I checked the trailer again and I think it is this guy ...
Dude that is not Regis it is villefort very interesting
So its confirmed he is there now in the trailer Regis is the guy who kisses the dead girls after all we know what he is and his girlfriend might be the same

Last edited:
Dude that is not Regis it is villefort very interesting

Book spoilers:
No, Geralt killed the fuck out of him :p

So its confirmed he is there now in the trailer Regis is the guy who kisses the dead girls after all we know what he is and his girlfriend might be the same

No, because Higher Vampires in the Witcher world are not dead creatures, they are normal creatures same as Nekkers and Trolls are, they just happen to have really damn good regenerative abilities :p

c,mon vilge done him, turned him to stone or something, it would take 456789 years growing limbs from stone.

c,mon vilge done him, turned him to stone or something, it would take 456789 years growing limbs from stone.

Higher Vampire regenerative cheat codes, man :p

Yeah, but slow :D
First time it took 50 years...And he was just beheaded, pierced through the heart and sprayed with holy water...But half a century of lying in the grave was useful, tough...He had time to think about meaning of life :D

Yeah, but even if CDPR explains it like Higher Vampires have some tricks up their sleeves to fully regenerate after what something that happened to Regis, I don't mind, having Regis in Witcher 3 is just awesome.

Higher Vampire regenerative cheat codes, man :p

Yeah, but even if CDPR explains it like Higher Vampires have some tricks up their sleeves to fully regenerate after what something that happened to Regis, I don't mind, having Regis in Witcher 3 is just awesome.
Of course, who wouldn't want to see him again? He is fantastic character - smart and experienced philospher, medic and psychiatrist ;)

Top Bottom