X1 performance on 1.12

+
Thx @emcsq
Framerate on these video is not good, just go out of novigrad to feel the difference in smoothness.
Framerate as you see on these videos must be around 25fps, it feels choppy with a lot of micro freeze
So @emcsq , which is better: 30fps locked as we had with 1.08 (check the video I've linked with frame counter, it's a perfect 30fps in Novigrad) or a choppy 25fps like on your video?
We just want it to go back to the perfect state it was before. As simple as that.
I agree for a lot of people this kind of performance is "playable', but for me it's not "enjoyable". I had something good wich had been changed in something worse...
I loved the game, that's why it make me so sad, but at this point, I'll just buy a ps4 tomorrow... hoping they'll never patch it in a bad way as on xbox.... but that's sad for xbox owners, really....

edit: i just watched your video again.... framerate is awful!! it's not even 25fps in fact it must be between 20/25, that's simply awful for me, i can't enjoy a game in this state (once again it was perfect which is even more infuriating!)
OMG.... this awful framerate....

Last edited:
@Vinthir, one last question: the fact that CDPR remade assets streaming to have PS4 run correctly, certainly had an impact on xbox... the 1st iteration of the engine was fine for xbox, then they remade it for PS4 to run better, as there's a lot more customers, they prefered took care of them, but unfortunately, the changes they made was Ok for PS4 but a disaster for Xbox, is that possible?

I really hope that CDPR has a different code branch for Xbox One and PS4 or at least different game engine optimization settings for the two consoles. Because from what we experience it seems that CDPR only has one code and the game engine is optimized for PS4, not for Xbox One. It is true that the HW architecture of the PS4 and the Xbox One are very similar, but there are some differences so games should be optimized for both consoles separately.

From end user point of view the situation was better in the last generation where the HW architecture of the XBox 360 and the PS3 was so different that developers had to develop the games for the two consoles separately. I know this required additional resources from the developers but at least the games were properly optimized for both consoles. On the other hand in the current generation the HW architecture of the two consoles are so similar that I believe most developers only develop the game for one console (eg. PS4) and then try to downscale the game to the other console. So in the end the customer (we - the gamers) loses because he/she gets a not optimized game for his/her money. Not to mention the fact that the current generation games are more expensive than the previous generation (at least in my country).

Last edited:
I, @Vinthir

For this patch i use this treatment: i reinstalled the game with patch(clean installation) after i clean the xbox cash, also my panel video is
It is set very well

Frame rate in Oxenfurt is bad... 30 if you walk but if you run the frame drop for few second ( how drop i can't say but sometimes is massive)
In Novigrad slightly better... 30 if you walk but if you run drop for few second ( how drop i can't say)
in the swamp slightly better 30 if you walk but during a fight the frame it lock to a lower frame
pop in texture : i not found it
Downgrade: its difficult some element receive an slight upgrade(shadows and light, no pop in, better rocks, better builds etc) for example) but other are downgraded ( sky, meteo, few particles)
this is a preliminay test, i not have much time today to test the game

ps: most rewarded of skelige works now

pss: need separate patches

After all, i very disappointed.( three month and i dont finish the game yet). I know how is hard to fix this game is mastodontic and for example one fix can broke 5 thing but for ps4 it was done a better optimization of frame also xbox one was a lead platform...this title was downgraded alfter 2014 e3 and at the e3 the old build run on xbox one therefore is impossible now works evil... i knows the potential power of this console ( cpu, gpu, cooprocessor and so on..you can do more and better xDDD )
my question is that what API are used now on Tw3?
i know porting on recently API require work but is one way to fix or with the next patch( i hope soon) you really optimize a codex for xbox one maybe using well this HW xD
I have another question how cycle of es ram you can use 7/7?
another
Is expected a dx 12 version for One? ( if exist for pc, porting are ver fast now xD)

concluding: this patch 1.10<=1.12<=1.08

Sorry for grammar but my written english is rusty:smiling2:

Last edited:
Guys, i just bought a ps4 with TW3 today, I sold my xbox (i don't want to wait another 3 months, and honestly i don't think it will ever be fixed as it seems fine for most people) and I have to say that the game is so much smoother on PS4 (still minor dips in Novigrad and Oxenfurt but nothing like on xbox).
So I'm happy again :)
I installed it with patch this morning, and i even noticed the boost in resolution! :)
It's sad to say, but if you' re a Witcher lover, just sell your xbox for a ps4...
It's hard for me to say that but it's nothing but truth...
An advice, if you have your xbox for TW3, and u don't need to have halo, gears, forza, tomb raider, titanfall and else, just sell it for a ps4.
I've not plugged my ps4 to internet just in case of another catastrophic patch.
That's the best solution i found to solve TW3 performances problems on xbox... buy another console... as sad as that!
But it's a good solution and it works, it cost me 160€, but now my game is fine!!
Alléluia!! ;)

Last edited:
@Greguemok

Congrats, but if I were you, I'd go for PC. PS 4 for Xbox One... Well, you might have just bargained one trouble for another.

Anyway, just made my way to Skellige. What can I say, the frame drops are there as well, not as drastic as in Novigrad, but I don't remember anything of the sort even on 1.10.

Last edited:
@iCake, i know but not enough money...
But i already start to be annoyed by ps4 ui, lol, it's awful, and the pad my god is awful too...
Frankly if they fix it on xbox i'll go back to it, i realize that even if TW3 run well on ps4 (far from perfect, little dips in Novigrad and Oxenfurt and frankly1.08 xbox version is smoother than any ps4 version), i don't like a lot of things...
But at least i can play in very acceptable conditions at the moment...
This story never happened before, never seen a case like this... very strange and the lack of communication and the fact that CDPR don't seem to realize that they butchered a PERFECT GAME make me wonder how all of this story will finish...
The losers in this story are xbox customers, and this gen it start to happen too often for my taste.

Hmm, seems like turning off blur and motion blur in postprocessing helps improve framerate a little. Don't get me wrong, it still dips, but at least it feels tolerable now. I also don't notice any deep dips in framerate, especially around Hierach Square and Fish Market.

Edit: Seems like I overestimated the usefulness of this tweak. Might still be of some help though.

Last edited:
The Witcher 3 is a wonderful game! :) Thank you! CD Projekt Red Team Thank you! :respect:

The Witcher 3 Version 1.04 was good , 1.05 was better and 1.08 was the best. It always ran with a resolution of 900p.
The performance was perfect in all areas.Since the release of patch 1.10 - 1.12 running the game always at a resolution of 1080p.

My question. WHY 1080p ? And not 900p. :question:

The Perfomance get to much down with the 1080p resolution especially in Novigrad and Oxenfurt.
The Xbox One (HD 7790 / 768 shader processors) is not so powerful like the PS4 ( HD 7870 / 1152 shader processors).

Please! Back to the Witcher 3 with 900p resolution and hopefully it will return the Perfomance to Novigrad and Oxenfurt. :)

Keep your peckers up! CD Projekt Red Team

I am sorry. That my English not the best.

What makes you think the game is now 1080p?

I can say with some certainty that Witcher 3 resolution remains at 900p.

The game doesn't run in 1080p on Xbox. Never did. But that didn't interfere the game's performance at all. We could have 30/28 FPS with a resolution of 900p without any problems. So it's clear that this problem has something to do with the programming of the game, not the hardware. The fact that PS4 has a slightly better GPU doesn't make any difference, since before 1.10 the PS4 had horrible framerate drops around Novigrad, Swamps and Skellige...With all due respect, CDPR, it's your lazy job that made the game perform like this on the Xbox now. But surely they can fix that before their next DLC...i hope. Let's wait and see. I would send another form, explaining everything again, like i did almost 4 months ago, but i suspect that the support team didn't read or watched the video that i recorded while i was playing the game in Novigrad...It took me a good 30 minutes to write down all the bugs (using the format that Vinthir asked us to use) and record a good video that would show how horrible the framerate was on Xbox, but it seemed like a wasted effort...

Hi, emcsq

I played The Witcher 3 1.04-1.08 over 200 hours. In this Time when I play witcher 3 my LED-TV reports ("I use 900p"). :clap:
Aha.. click OK Button and let´s play.
When the great Update 1.10 came I noticed immediately that something had changed. The presentation had changed.
I have no tomatoes on the eyes. :rofl:

I checked the screen and the same LED-TV reports ("I use 1080p"). What? Check again! 1080p It´s impossible!?
Okay. I change the screen (Acer P246H) and the same result. :crazy:

With one big update (Patch 1.10) can not so much performance get lost especially in Novigrad and Oxenfurt.
Patches bring better Performance not less. Otherwise it´s pointless :blink:

p.s. They know what they do.

p.p.s Yesterday I started a new Game. The 1.12 Patch solves a lot of small problems.:thumbup:(I play Witcher 3 and do not count FPS)
The Perfomance in white garden is absolute perfect.:thumbsup: In Velen the same result except in the villages.
It loses a little bit Performance but the main Building site is Novigrad and Oxenfurt.:(

p.p.p.s. I go back to Olgierd von Everec

Bye

@JohnMarston84

Your xbox upscales the Witcher 900p to 1080p. Your TV, Monitor doesn't care if the source image is 900,720, 480 etc, it'll always get a 1080p picture from your xbox. THe only difference is how well the source image fits your TV, Monitor resolution. A 900p stretched to 1080p would just look a little washed out and that's all.

JohnMarston, Your LED tv absoloutely did not tell you that you were outputting at 900p, as no display can know the internal resolution of the game you're playing when the xbox is set to 1080p.

CDPR has not increased the res to 1080p, period.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

@ icake

thank you for the answer. My personal impression was different from Witcher 3 1.08 to 1.10. Facts missing but I accept it. :unsure:

@ emcsq

What do you mean by saying, with "period"?
"Keep it under your hat!" "Keep your pearls of wisdom to yourself!"
Calm down ! Even if you not liked to hear, it´s your problem. Also without period. :thumbdown:

@ CDPR

How can lose the X1 version of The Witcher 3 your stable performance? All X1 Gamer expect an answer.
Xbox One Gamer need INFOMATION not MOTIVATION (features, DLC or Addons).

Yes! This is the main question.
What will CDPR do for a better Perfomance?

The X1 had once an advantage over the PS4. My grandfather always used to say.
Even if you have a small advantage, be careful not to lose it. CDPR has the small advantage lost.

I observe further! The Witcher 3 X1 Version

But my old friends :unworthy: (Phenom II X4 980 / Geforce 770 OC) bring me back to Novigad.

So long, friends.

Why this silence about xbox downgrade?

Hi,
So, i'd like to know if one day, Xboxone version of TW3 will recover its near perfect framerate...
TW3 has been released 1 year ago, version 1.01 was awful (stutering and unlocked framerate) but had been fixed with 1.03.
Between 1.03 and 1.07 it was nice and performed well, then came 1.07 which introduced "ps4 feature" 20fps lock!! Awful!
But... fixed with 1.08! 1.08 was near perfect (I won't link again those videos from DF or NX, but it was 30fps locked in most areas Novigrad and Oxenfurt included), but CDPR released 1.10 which made 30fps locked a good memorie, because with 1.10 in Novigrad and Oxenfurt it is a messy/clunky 20/25 fps, thx for this "improvment"! Then 1.11 and 1.12 which didn't fix the numerous bugs but continue to downgrade the game...
Now not only Novigrad and Oxenfurt are lagging but also Skellige...
Let me resume: in 1 year, the game was acceptable during 5 months... The more the time pass, the more patch are released... the more Witcher 3 run like shit... (on xbox, all version now are fine, but not xbox, in fact it's its worst state since release, minus 1.07)
We have been patient, we waited after 1.10 near 4 months...
The game is 1 year after release, in its WORST STATE, how xbox owners are not MAD with this??
Not one word from CDPR, since 1.10 about this debacle, we don't know if they are aware about the actual state of TW3 on Xbox, as they seems to think everything is fine...
I provided so much tickets, so much videos, never had an answer in 4 MONTHS, it's enough!!!!!
MY QUESTION TO CDPR AND @Vinthir:
ARE U AWARE THAT TW3 ON XBOX IS IN ITS WORST STATE SINCE RELEASE AND DO YOU PLAN TO SIMPLY DO SOMETHING FOR XBOX OWNERS?
JUST A YES OR NO WOULD BE GREAT, IT'S NOT DIFFICULT AND I THINK WE (XBOX OWNERS) DISERVE IT, WE PAID WITH OUR HARD EARNED MONEY AS OTHERS, SO WHY DON'T YOU RESPOND SINCE 4 MONTHS ABOUT THIS ISSUE?
THX BY ADVANCE!
And honestly I bought a ps4 only because you screwed it on xbox, that's totally ANORMAL!
Phil Spencer should be happy that a game which was promoted for xbox, which is GOTY, and with TW2 BC just released, that he has the worst version of the game due to poor patching, dowgraded in such way that the game 1 year later is much worse than 6 months ago...
One day, we'll know what happened, but if you're a Witcher and Xbox fan, you must be really sad...
From a perfect game (technically) we went to an awful mess/clunky/stuttery/20fps...
Thx a lot!
I really hope for a CLEAR RESPONSE TO MY ANSWER, thx a lot, we really diserve it!

The answer is easy. Xbox users are too few and far between to be vocal about the problems. Why? Take it into account that most xbox owners have completed the game months ago and moved on to other games, that a lot of people wouldn't bother contacting CDPR over this, that a lot people just don't know what a bad framerate is or fine with it, that xbox one copies of the game has sold probably half of what it has on PS4...

Well, I think you get the idea. If anything is going to be fixed it most probably will be done right before the Blood and Wine release, just because there'll be another spike of people's interest to this game. Right now they just don't think the problem is important enough to be bothered with. Sure there'll be some pesky customers complaing about the state of things, but that's definitely managable for them right now.

Meanwhile taking a few bad notes on the company and going full rage and complete distrust if the next patch doesn't change things up for the better.

Unfortunatly... u totally got it... That's even more sad...
I just thought CDPR is a different dev, one which loves its fans...
But in fact, they are just like others...
Best dev of the year??? Not for me, and i hope not for majority of Xbox owners...
So sad... i feel like robbed... really...
In fact i'm disgusted, never seen a case like this...

I agree that the framerate on Xbox One needs to be fixed. I dealt with this same thing on my laptop and it just reminds me why I switched to Xbox One until I can afford to get a real gaming PC.

To @Greguemok , and anyone else who has remarked on the variable performance on Xbox: The REDs are indeed aware of it, and are currently investigating the issues. Those interested in @Vinthir 's recent responses to this topic may read them again, here .

Last edited:
Top Bottom