Xarthisius & Treason cards

+
Xarthisius & Treason cards

I played my Xarthisus card (look at top 3 cards of opponents deck and move 1 (including GOLD cards) to the bottom of opponents deck. I picked a gold card to move to bottom of his deck. On my next play, I played my Treason card (play the bottom card of your opponents deck). I would assume that would be the Gold card I chose.....but instead a Swallow Potion card was played. Is this a glitch? This has happened several times before........the wrong card is being played.

Last edited by a moderator:
gr8horned1;n8628130 said:
I played my Xarthisus card (look at top 3 cards of opponents deck and move 1 (including GOLD cards) to the bottom of opponents deck. I picked a gold card to move to bottom of his deck. On my next play, I played my Treason card (play the bottom card of your opponents deck). I would assume that would be the Gold card I chose.....but instead a Swallow Potion card was played. Is this a glitch? This has happened several times before........the wrong card is being played.

Treason does not steal gold cards i guess

I believe Treason doesn't work on Gold cards. In general, unless specified "including Gold", no card affects them.

Yeah, they seemed to have removed the "non-gold" quantifier that used to be in a lot of card descriptions, and replaced it with just putting "including golds" in the description of the few cards that can still effect golds.

So unless the card specifically says that it can effect golds, it's probably sage to assume that it can't.

gr8horned1;n8628130 said:
Read Treason. It doesn't mention gold cards, hence he won't pick gold cards (otherwise it would be broken imho).
The rule of thumb is that if a card don't mention "including gold cards" it doesn't work with gold cards. That goes for card draw as well (the last wish)

NatoGreavesy;n8628700 said:
Yeah, they seemed to have removed the "non-gold" quantifier that used to be in a lot of card descriptions, and replaced it with just putting "including golds" in the description of the few cards that can still effect golds.

So unless the card specifically says that it can effect golds, it's probably sage to assume that it can't.

Indeed, all of the abilities do not work on Gold cards unless said otherwise. It is explained in the Advanced Mechanics challenge. :)

Top Bottom