[XBOX] I have been burdened with invincibility

+
[XBOX] I have been burdened with invincibility

I have realized that Geralt all of a sudden can't die, but with terrible consequences. I could definitely die before, but I first noticed the issue in act 3.

I had my health knocked down to 0, but I still did not die. Enemies would stab me from all directions, but I still would not die. However, the bad part is, once my Vitality hits 0, Vigor and Vitality no longer regenerate. So I am stuck bludgeoning enemies to death without any signs or Riposte while I get knocked around like a pinball.

I must revert to a save before my vitality was knocked down to zero in order to go back to normal, but there is still no way I could ever die. Basically, the only problem with this is I have to manually revert to a previous save upon "death" instead of having the game do it for me. Not a huge problem, but still burdensome, and then there's always the chance that I'm not careful and could get stuck with zero vitality and vigor for the rest of the game.

so maybe you should report on which upgrades you have, so we can avoid building a similar character, until they patch this.

wonder if this would also be the case in the arena, theoretically?

Simple question: did you try to "wait"?
Because if you wait you should regenerate.

edit: with wait I mean rest ^^

greenabobo said:
so maybe you should report on which upgrades you have, so we can avoid building a similar character, until they patch this.

wonder if this would also be the case in the arena, theoretically?
If you mean what i chose when leveling up, that isn't the problem.I did coincidentally notice this after leveling up, and went back to that save to see if choosing a different perk would help, but it didn't.

I even rearranged all my perks in the "From a Bygone Era" quest, but that didn't help either.

I have the same problem. It seemed to come soon after I first got the adrenaline bar in act 3 but I don't think they ate linked. I went back to a previous save game before it happened and did plot points differently but it happened again. I have put the game side now as it really makes it unplayable if I am always wondering if its playing properly.

Just to add - it even continued when I levelled - my health bar was refilled on levelling but as soon as it was drained to zero again it just stayed there again and invincible me !

i got the adreneline bar in act 2, and i have yet to see this exact problem.

then again, heliotrope does make me pretty damned unkillable.

i have talents all over the place. all 4 branches.

My skills are primarily sword - I have a couple of power ones and have taken alchemy to th point of getting he one that boosts mutagens but I have pushed sword ones to the end power

I will transcribe these threads of other forums:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997903-the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings-enhanced-edition/62592631

http://www.gamespot.com/the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings-enhanced-editi/forum/cant-die-62695185/

http://www.giantbomb.com/the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings/61-28178/invincibility-glitch/35-545144/

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=367555

As you can see there are many users (included me) that are suffering the same bug/glitch. Please, fix this now as soon as posible, it destroys the gaming experience.

Regards.

Guest 3593423

Yeah, this really needs to be fixed. I want to have a challenge, so now I have to reload everytime I "don't die". If you could release a patch for Xbox 360, we'd be truly grateful.

The rest of the game is epic, awesomely epic!

yeah i had this happen to me too but in Act 1 during the fight club quest. i thought i was about to lose a fistfight but i did't get knocked out when vitality hit 0.

Happened to me in chapter 3, so the only way to fix it right now its to load a previous save?
Thank you
=/

[SPOILERS] Well, in act 3, you are supposed to get arrested by hitting near death like that. Maybe the cutscene for getting arrested failed to load?

I was enjoying the game until act 3 and the dreaded invincibility glitch it completely breaks the game I let geralt get attacked for 10 min he just wouldn't die is the some kinda work around or something cause it makes the game unplayable for it sux

The invincible glitch just happened to me on Act III during the side-quest From a Bygone Era.

This is my second play-through with Roche - on normal mode.

While Roche went to the Redanian camp I went to look for the Wisp in the sewers.

Got to fight the Operator, managed to hit him a couple of times but then the gargoyles appeared.
I had to use Quen quite often, but the gargoyles seemed too powerful and the Operator was nearly
untouchable, I had no chance Geralt was taking a huge deal of damage, he/I was dead...

...so I got up went to get a snack & drink, came back expecting to see the Game Over screen...

...hey Geralt is not dead? ...BUT.. the health and vigor bars are empty, how do I kill these enemies?

Took me a while to get rid of the first two gargoyles with silver sword, they used me like a punching
bag whilst the Operator was blasting me with fireballs. Don't know how I managed to put the torches out.

The Operator was no easy kill, he heals quickly and even with the torches out two gargoyles spawned again.
He also got stuck mid-air by a wall while healing itself, I could not take advantage of the situation because
the hits where not registering.

Top Bottom