Xbox One Controller problem with Windows 10

+
Xbox One Controller problem with Windows 10

In The Witcher 3, LT and RT buttons doesn't work.
Preamble: when I installed Windows 10, the default included driver for Xbox One controller didn't work, as for many others people, and google for it I found a solution:
I had to install Win7/8 driver then I had to go in Device Manager > Right click on controller, then Properties > Update Driver Software > Xbox One Controller.

This method simply change driver controller, because the default one seems to be faulty.
But now the problem is that described before: in the witcher 3 I can't use LT and RT. In other games, LT and RT works fine.

---------- Updated at 09:06 PM ----------

Ok, I figured it out. To fix this problem. Install old version of the driver, you can find here http://wccftech.com/xbox-controller-pc-drivers-download-courtesy-major-nelson/

After installation, plug in your controller and wait for the automatic driver installation. It works bad.
So you have to go in Device Manager, right click on controller that has "danger" icon, select Update Driver, then select the manual method and choose this old version

You should just be able to plug-and-play an Xbox/One controller. Did you install drivers from a disk or download them from the internet...or are these the drivers that automatically installed when you first plugged the device in?

You should just be able to plug-and-play an Xbox/One controller. Did you install drivers from a disk or download them from the internet...or are these the drivers that automatically installed when you first plugged the device in?

First, I just let the system install drivers by itself. But as I said, it didn't work.
So I installed the old Win7/8 driver and manually picked the driver from Update Driver screen. Just the older one. Other versions make the pad works, but not LT and RT.
I also had a chat with Microsoft Customer Care, and they said this is a common issue and thery are working on to fix it.

Why LT and RT worked in some games and not in The Witcher 3, is out of my understanding. Probably, is something about Xinput, DirectInput, etc...

Last edited:
That sounds about right, then. I use an old Xbox 360 wired controller, and that works a charm. If you have one lying around, you could try that. If not, I'm sure Microsoft will eventually sort the drivers out.

That sounds about right, then. I use an old Xbox 360 wired controller, and that works a charm. If you have one lying around, you could try that. If not, I'm sure Microsoft will eventually sort the drivers out.
The good old 360 controller was installed without problems even on Win10. Weirdly, because Win 10 should have a better support to One controller than 360.

Anyway, now One controller works fine with the method described in first post. I prefer that controller for the better d-pad.

Top Bottom