Xbox One - Died, now stuck in infinite load loop.

+
Xbox One - Died, now stuck in infinite load loop.

Hey guys. Thanks for the great game, seriously. Its beautiful and even more than I expected it to be. I've been playing for hours and hours now since I picked it up yesterday morning. So many neat things, loving the story, having a blast.

However, I finally got too cocky for my own good. I haven't died yet, see, and I've already taken out the Griffin and I was like "huh, buncha level 3 Drowners... I got this."

Oh boy did I not have this. Something tragic happened and Geralt passed on. It brought up the load from save screen, pressed on most recent save or whatever. Loading icon came up in the corner and started to move... very, very slowly.

After a minute, I realized I could still move to different options, although pressing A more than once did nothing. Then I clicked on "load save manually" or whatever the second option was, which brought up the save screen, tried to load the latest one... and still nothing, but now I couldn't do anything. The loading icon was just as slow. I gave it five minutes, hit the guide button on my controller, and manually exited Witcher 3.

I tried to start it up again and now I get to watch Geralt on his knees meditating as it simply says "please wait..." on the bottom. I've turned my console on and off, removed the disc, etc... And so far no luck.

I don't want to uninstall and reinstall the game and start from scratch if I can avoid it.

... Before I finished this post, I had an idea, ran off and reset my Xbox's cache.

It worked, but I lost the latest save I was attempting to load from. At least the game works.

Anyone else has this problem, give this a try.

There has been several posts about this issue already with no solution yet. Seems to be a bug at the moment.

Top Bottom