Xbox One DRM scheme detailed - will CDPR support it?

+
darji said:
As I said before Steam is nothing like that. Steam is reasonable while Microsoft right now is trying to force draconian restrictions on the costumer. My biggest gripe was that they went on the MS stage because they advertised Microsoft's philosophy with that move.

And honestly I can not believe that the developer did not know about their plans while the whole internet did knew this already weeks before E3.
What reasonable restrictions on consumer rights? Does that even exist? If Steam's reasonable why didn't they never respected the right of the consumer to resell the product they purchased? Why does it take a lawsuit in Germany to get Valve to get their act together? This of course counts for all online retailers, including GoG.

And as said before, CDP Red were more likely invited to the conference. They need publicity to sell their games. They're no charity, they're a business. They need money to stay alive.
And besides the XB1 they give the consumer significantly more options than any developer or publisher does these days.

Yes, they probably knew of the daily online-DRM. So... what?

marcoolio1 said:
I think it's funny that no one in Poland will be able to play Witcher 3 on Xbone, because of the region restrictions.

Why is that? Care to explain? X1 won't be available in Poland in Fall 2013, at launch. TW3 will be out in 2014, probably Nov-Dec, about a year later.

Not just Poland many countries will not be supported, If you cant play any games on it what is the point all those countries will buy PS4. CDPR should just cancel the Xbox One version that would make a headline everywhere! NO DRM!

vivaxardas said:
Why is that? Care to explain? X1 won't be available in Poland in Fall 2013, at launch. TW3 will be out in 2014, probably Nov-Dec, about a year later.
You're right. I forgot about that. Anyway, we do not know for sure, that after a year Poland will be included in supported country list. My country sure as hell won't be.

MisterMida said:
What reasonable restrictions on consumer rights? Does that even exist? If Steam's reasonable why didn't they never respected the right of the consumer to resell the product they purchased? Why does it take a lawsuit in Germany to get Valve to get their act together? This of course counts for all online retailers, including GoG.

And as said before, CDP Red were more likely invited to the conference. They need publicity to sell their games. They're no charity, they're a business. They need money to stay alive.
And besides the XB1 they give the consumer significantly more options than any developer or publisher does these days.

Yes, they probably knew of the daily online-DRM. So... what?
How about not draconian one like you have to be connected online every 24 hours and if you try in on another system with your account every hour. How about IP blocking so even if you bought your XBone in Germany at launch and you want to travel to lets say Poland. You will not be able to play it there. How about the fact that Kinect has to be on all the time? How about privacy issue since Microsoft joined the NSA? Only to name a few.

And If steam got sued in Germany what do you think will happen to Microsoft then? Our politician already were concerned about the whole privacy issue. How about the negative press form the Times and other big non gaming media because of all this?

As I said before I understand the need for DRM but not like this. And if a company like CDRed is promoting such a system on stage of course people get suspicious and upset about this.

Do you really think CDRED is in need of promotion their game like that? They could do that perfectly fine without MS. Sometimes it is better not to do something that seems like a reasonable idea at first. And this was such a time.

If I were the founder of CDRED and if I would believe in customer friendly approach and in DRM choices i would put my head in shame to be participate in such an Event. Witcher 3 does not need exposure. It is already highly anticipated and in a year it will be already forgotten by the E3 people that normally don't play games. Gamers however will not forget this E3 so easily. A E3 which was very important for this industry and the future of gaming.

edit: Or how about this:

And the negativity? Well, it may not matter so much to Microsoft. Sure, core gamers complain, but the folks who don't really pay attention and who just want a fancy box will be fine with Microsoft's Xbox One. "In a broader set of community, people don't pay attention to a lot of the details," said Mehdi. "We've seen it in the research, we've seen it in a lot of the data points."
Read more at escape

This is insulting. The main marketing guy from Microsoft calls customer basically stupid and naive.

I am a video game collector and console collector and i will not be buying this console. In fact i don't even consider it a console. After the bullshit they pulled with some countries not even being able to use it i hope that CDPR will abandon Microsoft and just stick with PC and PS4. Hell, if i had it my way i would want it just on PC so they could focus all resources on making the game look great with out any stupid console restrictions. I know this is highly unlikely because they are getting paid by Microsoft, obviously (showing up on Microsoft stage at E3) so it will still come out on the system even though the home country won't even be able to play it.

What kind of world do we live in?

EDIT: my thread was moved to here.. guess micro$oft is paying CDPR WAY MORE than i thought.. way to cover up my title (I will not purchase an Xbox One). Waste those millions of dollars on marketing instead of making the game better.

When will people understand that CDPR isn't some NGO that fights for the abolition of DRM? It's just a developing studio that doesn't want to put any DRM in its games because it detracts from the experience of the honest player.

If said player just doesn't give a damn about it and wants to get it on his Xbox One he's fine with having bought, then he shouldn't because that console needs to be connected every day? Because it's evil and promotes "draconian DRM"? That's just a very selfish thing to believe, in my opinion. Oh, and that thing about players that won't be able to buy the game in its home country (at launch), well, Sony was thinking about delaying the release of PS4 in Japan, THEIR home country. Surely they're evil and want to see Japan burn.

As I said before, CDPR isn't some DRM-freedom fighters group, they're game developers who want to make games that the biggest number of people can enjoy without DRM imposed by them, and guess what, make a living out of it.

Pankeleonn said:
EDIT: my thread was moved to here.. guess micro$oft is paying CDPR WAY MORE than i thought.. way to cover up my title (I will not purchase an Xbox One). Waste those millions of dollars on marketing instead of making the game better.
Your thread was probably moved by moderators, and they're not CDPR employees.

So it's clear that the moderators are getting Microsoft's money too.

Pankeleonn said:
Impossible. Devs don't mind of forum housekeeping. We do ^^

Gilrond said:
As was pointed out many times already, publishing on more platforms doesn't restrict other users. Publishing on less - does. So you should worry about where CDPR doesn't publish, rather than about where they do.

if you read my prev messages, I do concern about it and I also expressed my concerns, for why this thing happening.

Here it is.

Gilrond said:
Yeah, its bizarre when CDPR supports the DRM-FREE market and publish games in the death of gaming industry

because xbox one is a threat to gaming. Its very clear what (google, steam, apple, microsoft, ouya (the big joke), along with EA, Ubisoft and in a smaller scale with Activision. These are the big "8" against gaming industry.

And its funny not to release the game in wii U also, that is against drms.. Anyway, if that CDPR wants, its their own concerns... At least wii U proved at e3, that has potential... Bayonetta 2, X, Mario kart are amazingly beautiful.

I will be full of ears and eyes to see how many sales xbox one game releases, are going to make.. This is going to be fun.

ps: I think they arrested OUYA at E3

@I am dyslexic
and if I consider this article legit..

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-11-staunchly-anti-drm-witcher-3-dev-cd-projekt-responds-to-xbox-one-policy-concerns

then I dont believe you CDPR. And the articles states gamers as "haters", I am afraid the companies themselves are the haters.. We judge and we punish... :p our money is that every company wants.. is it?

In addition, allow me to add some humorous attachments in my msg bellow.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slf08hY6pR8[/media]

As for xbox, I bought 360 almost at release date and It was my biggest mistake, it turn to be faulty from the box and they gave me used machine after.. I paid alot for a used machine. Beyond that, my country at that time, didnt supported xbox live and numerous reports in the customer protection services, claimed that microsoft shouldn't advertise "XBOX LIVE"in the products retail box... I think they paid alot for that and they gave us official xbox live, but now after all this things microsoft and their beloved publishers and shareholders try to implement, xbox one, is inconsiderable.

I'm mot familiar with wii U, but it's likely behind hardware wise, so that could be the reason why CDPR didn't target it, as well as other older consoles. However them not targeting high end PC systems (Linux and Mac OSX) can't be caused by hardware. That's what should concern you.

Hi, I was the one who merged the threads, by the way. Sorry if it caused any confusion, but it was just housekeeping.

This is a decent read if you haven't seen it already. While I'm going to stick to PC, and probably going to get a PS4 myself and pre-order it sometime sooner than later, (pre-orders are also up in India, these things don't happen so quick so I'm equally surprised) the truth is Xbox One is still decent if not better than PlayStation 4. The arrogance of Microsoft and the PR disaster was just temporary, just look at these awesome Xbox One exclusive games, while majority of the cool games shown by Sony are also coming to the former and many of them to PC (more hopefully). And as it goes, the best of the games comes to all platforms. So that's the fucking use if PS4>>>>Xbox One?
We want the games, while PS3 dominated the last gen, this times things are different, even if people acknowledge or not.
Oh and I'll stick to my Alienware letting the others fight. ;)

Gilrond said:
I'm mot familiar with wii U, but it's likely behind hardware wise, so that could be the reason why CDPR didn't target it, as well as other older consoles. However them not targeting high end PC systems (Linux and Mac OSX) can't be caused by hardware. That's what should concern you.

No its not weak, have you seen the latest games? bayonetta 2 gameplay from e3 or mario kart 8, or project X by monolith.. Project X is open world and 60fps also

Look at this video at the bayonetta2 @4:10 and after, its amazing... 60fps flawless and only the girl with her pistols is 110.000 polygons..

It has potential, its not weak or on par with ps360.. Is much much stronger.

Just looked at the specs: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_U
It's interesting that they are using PowerPC - I like when something besides x86 is used.

Graphics chip was designed in 2011: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latte_%28graphics_chip%29
How does it compare to high end desktop GPUs? I'm not familiar with that line of processors. TW3 is going to be very demanding.

It is said its a custom chip based on e6670 and it has a secondary ARM gpu (but nobody truly knows what the gpu is), also it has a dedicated chipset for the sound (xbox one is using 1 cpu core for the sound because they dont have dedicated chips for the sound).

the cpus from xbox one and ps4 are tablet cpus.. so u cant say wii U has a bad cpu.. it has more advantages than the mobile cores. And you should know that xbox power goes to services (2 cores and 10% of the gpu power, plus 3gb of ram, goes to the OS. 1 cpu core goes to sound, 1 cpu core goes to Kinekt)..
http://gimmegimmegames.com/2013/05/microsoft-confirms-xbox-one-os-uses-3gb-ram-5gb-ram-for-games/
http://stevivor.com/2013/05/cloud-computing-will-handle-lighting-and-physics-processing-when-the-xbox-one-is-connected-to-the-internet/

Ps4 is the powerful one, xbox one is not.. It streams part of the game VIA CLOUD.. thats why they say "CLOUD enhanced", so if gamers buy an xbox1 and they wish to have the graphics they saw at e3.. They must be always connected and pay subscription also.

What about Nintendo DRM policies? I've heard they aren't any better than other consoles. Which makes most of these systems basically bad regardless their hardware so I personally see no point in using them.

Valve could be a game changer with their upcoming console, but I'm not so sure about it either, since they aren't opposed to DRM on Steam.

what DRM policies?

The only bad thing nintendo does, if you download software, is bind with the hardware and NOT with your account. So if your console goes off, you loose that to... So only the ONLINE eshop is a bit problematic at this point.

Nintendo said, they will change that during the summer, they will make them all account bind... Other than that, there is no any drms. If you buy a physical copy, is like the old good times..

For now, this is bad for indies... Thats why they will change it, because customers demand it, they dont buy lots of online things.. lol And they implement stuff a bit slower. For example they just added the feature to capture a part of ur gameplay and share it with miiverse, facebook, etc.

Top Bottom