xbox one launch issue

+
xbox one launch issue

So I'm currently having an issue trying to launch the game. I have a physical disc of the game, installed it to the console. tried to launch into the game. the title cards for the developers play, then I'm greeted by a black screen with a loading symbol spinning. It does this for about two minutes before quitting back to the home screen. I've tried installing the disc in offline mode, then updating it. installing it from the store. Installing from the disc, updating, then restarting the console. And now i don't know what else i can do. I was playing it on my Xbox one s three days ago, but unfortunately had my xbox stolen two days ago. so this issue is just the cherry on top of an already shit week and I would just like to play my game. Any help would be greatly appreciated as everything thing else ive found online hasn't helped me so far.

Tunnelsnake53
I have the same exact problem even with a fresh Xbox one s from Microsoft repair center and a brand new witcher 3 disc..I've tried everything just like you an no luck with any of it! Kind of frustrating if you ask me I'm rdy to get back on my game and been messing with it for a week!

A temp fix I found was to remove all installs of witcher 3 went to settings to reset Xbox keeping all games and apps after performing initial setup I didconnected network and proceeded with the disc to install witcher 3 everything was good gameplay and all now I'm back on the internet downloading update hopefully it will still work!

Guest 4252562

Did it worked after applying the update? Witch version of Patch was installed? After V1.6 was installed on my XboX One S, did not managed to start the game.

Sorry! This one slipped through.

My guess here is that the game needed to fully update and apply all DLCs. Can you confirm that ALL Free DLCs (and Hearts of Stone + Blood and Wine if using GOTY), are fully installed? If that's not the reason, please send the issue into CDPR Support:

http://en.cdprojektred.com/support/

Make sure ALL DLCs have been downloaded and installed. The GOTY edition will not launch even one DLC is not installed.

Guest 4252562

Thanks for replies. I have the disc edition of GOTY. According to the label on the disc, its contains "Hearts of Stone", "Blood and Wine" and 16 DLC. The installation is about 40Gb.
I'm not sure how to check if all DLC have been installed.

Up until the Patch 1.60, I could play the game without Problem on V1.31.
Tried to reinstall, but the disc has V1.30, which is incompatible with the saved games. But at least the game starts normally. But as soon as I upgrade to 1.6, it won't start past the "CD Projekt Red" Logo.

Very, very annoying.

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue. When I install offline GOTY edition (v 1.30) it works, but cannot open saved games. When I update the the latest version it stop to work and returns to the main menu just after CD PROJECT RED logo screen.

I would be really nice if someone can post the solution.

@farkincz , did you manage to have it working?

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue. When I install offline GOTY edition (v 1.30) it works, but cannot open saved games. When I update the the latest version it stop to work and returns to the main menu just after CD PROJECT RED logo screen.

I would be really nice if someone can post the solution.

@farkincz , did you manage to have it working?

This is indicative of an installation error.

1.) When did the problem first arise, if you can remember?

2.) What was the order in which you tried different things to correct it?

3.) Do you have multiple Xbox accounts, by any chance?

I don't remember ... few months ago.

The first thing I tried was cleaning local games than factory reset, and at the end mentioned offline installation.

I've just tried with a newly created account ... the same behavior.

I don't remember ... few months ago.

The first thing I tried was cleaning local games than factory reset, and at the end mentioned offline installation.

I've just tried with a newly created account ... the same behavior.

Something is apparently not lining up. Also note that the game needs to have all DLC installed in order to work correctly, even if you don't intend to use their features. Sometimes, it seems that the DLC doesn't complete its installation, so manually checking for updates may be required. Also, manually ensuring that the Xbox OS is fully up to date is a good idea.

Saved games will normally not work if anything is missing. You should be able to upgrade the game or add additional things, but once you've saved the game with certain DLC installed, you won't be able to load that game if that DLC is not present.

If you haven't already, send a saved game into CDPR Support. They'll likely be able to tell if the issue is due to incompatibility or an installation error. (It seems to me that it was working correctly when you installed 1.30, but the latest version is borked.)

I submitted a ticket to support team around two weeks ago - no answer so far. Does support team use to be so unresponsive?

Sorry for the delay! They will normally respond within a few days, but I know a lot of the focus is now on Gwent and Cyberpunk. Tricky issues for TW3 may take a while. You can certainly follow up on the prior ticket.

I am having a similar issue as those above... I have an Xbox One X and a disc copy of the original game. I own the dlc and other dlc from the marketplace. I have tried everything I can think of. I have hard reset, deleted local save game data. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game (with and without Dlc), even tried installing the game in both internal and external memory. I have completely reset my console to include games as well and installed and updated from scratch. I have tried installing the disc offline and then going online to update and I have tired installing from dic online where the update downloads simultaneously. And it still will not launch... It will either go black screen before I see the developers screen and go back to the home screen, or sometimes I will see the developers screen with the graphics a little off and then it will go back to the dashboard.... Any help would be greatly appreciated

I too am having the same issue. I have the GOTY edition for my One. Worked fine before the update. Now the game will only load up to the projekt red screen and then kick back to the home screen. I have tried a hard reset, uninstall/reinstall, unplugging console. To my knowledge GOTY edition has all the DLC, so I'm assuming that's not the issue. Anyone hear anything about a fix?

Top Bottom