Xbox One performance research

+
I';mo not sure why you guys are posting all the issues here. It's about performance. Which is really bad.
Smoothest was 1.8, not vanilla for sure. And judging by what CDPR did with PS4 version it looks like there is still room for improvement. But we got downgrade.

1. FPS goes down to 20 something in city areas. Very noticeable in Oxenfurt and Novigrad.
2. FPS is rally bad within fog areas on Skellige. Lightower wuest for example.
3. Map takes quite a time to upload and have blackedned areas. Any ride competetion on Skellige. Novigrad
4. Textures loading up to few sceonds which creates quite ugly secenes.
5. Kaer Morhen battle is a disaster. Turn-based combat-like... but w/o pause. Fps is in lowest 10s.

I want to stress out that I'm not sure how Skellige did perform before 1.8. Wasn't there. But everuting else is a noticeable downgrade from 1.8.

Last edited:
Well, this f....g story starts to get on my nerves! REALLY!
I mean "Xbox performance research"... is this a JOKE??
Just boot up ur game, it happens to every xbox owners, where with 1.08 it was a near locked 30fps, with 1.11 we are at 20/25fps, no research needed my god.... can't CDPR just boot the game on an xbox, go to Novigrad and see the slideshow??!!
It's not a bug which affect only some xbox owners... it's the same for everybody, go to Novigrad and you'll quickly see how much framerate has been downgraded..
The sad part now... it's 2nd time it happens and that is crazy.... remember 1.07?
Well, it's as they launch the patch without having trying it, i mean if you've tried 1.11 and didn't manage to see how much of a slideshow it is now, it's unbelievable...
How is this possible? Nobody saw the problem at CDPR?? That's impossible...
I really can't understand...

Last edited:
Totally agree!!

Well, this f....g story starts to get on my nerves! REALLY!
I mean "Xbox performance research"... is this a JOKE??
Just boot up ur game, it happens to every xbox owners, where with 1.08 it was a near locked 30fps, with 1.11 we are at 20/25fps, no research needed my god.... can't CDPR just boot the game on an xbox, go to Novigrad and see the slideshow??!!
It's not a bug which affect only some xbox owners... it's the same for everybody, go to Novigrad and you'll quickly see how much framerate has been downgraded..
The sad part now... it's 2nd time it happens and that is crazy.... remember 1.07?
Well, it's as they launch the patch without having trying it, i mean if you've tried 1.11 and didn't manage to see how much of a slideshow it is now, it's unbelievable...
How is this possible? Nobody saw the problem at CDPR?? That's impossible...
I really can't understand...

Yes, it's seems unbelievable that nobody at CDPR tested the patches before releasing them.

iCake

Forum veteran
@TrevorReznik, @Sebastiansr82

It's not that difficult to understand what happened here. I'm sure the devs knew about the problems 1.10 would cause for X1 owners. They just needed to rush out HoS.

Well, it's either that ot they just never tested their patch on X1. I seriously can't tell which is worse.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, i was absent from the forums and Witcher 3 for some time because of those performance issues, i simply could not bring myself to play while the game was at this state.

Was there any word from developers about the upcoming patch that will fix performance and make the game run at least the same as it did with patch 1.08.

At the moment it seems that this platform is completly forgotten and abandoned. And it should not be like that. Not to mention that this game was promoted by Microsoft so it must run good.

Please more love for Xbox One.

Last edited:
See how CDPR fucked up the game another time:
https://youtu.be/VBL_X0B4a6U
What a shame...
CAN WE HAVE A STATEMENT PLEASE ABOUT TW3 XBOX ONE VERSION?
That's not difficult, my god!!!!
I'm really angry now! 1 month 1/2 since i can't play the game...
I promise that i'll try to get a refund from them, i don't want to wait after CDPR as i don't trust them anymore.
I'll ask my lawyer this afternoon, if in this sort of case we can have a refund long time after release, because the game is in a worst state now than release, and i didn't paid for a game which work 2 month only.
I'm sure it's possible and i invite everybody who consider themselves screwed by CDPR to do the same.
I'll let u know soon what he told me.

So this first happened at the whispering hillock, part of the ladies of the wood main quest, I'm at lv 7. Game freezes, I hear a stutter, then a high tone, then the xbox one itself restarts. Blue screen on my TV, "No signal" then Xbox one powers on again and I'm at the dashboard.

I've tried every save game, same thing. I get into the game, (After the unskipable, annoying screens and clips etc) and 1-20 seconds later, freeze, stutter, high tone, restart.

I tried restarting, powering off, unplugging. Doesn't help. I tried uninstalling the game and redownloading. Same thing. I tried to start a new game on a whole other xbox profile... same thing, except it the instant before you get to even start gameplay, it restarts. (Tried several times).

I tried deleting the latest few save games in case they were corrupting it. Seemed to work better, I got like a minute of gameplay, then restart. I've been working on this for 3 hours, and at this point I'm about to use my xbox as a target, and go buy a Ps4. I was really into Witcher 3.

BTW, I just bought it like a week ago, and downloaded, so I'll be on whatever is the most recent patch. Didn't buy any extra expansions yet.

I put in a ticket, but was hoping the community could help.

I do have that quest "murders in the byways" or w/e that people say is a problem, don't know if that's old advice or current.... but I can hardly complete it at level 7. I was going to try anyway, but.... I can't play. At all. So obviously can't complete anything. Someone said to fast travel as quick as possible to force a new autosave. Except all of my saves are in the middle of nowhere apparently, and I can't get to a fast travel.

Edit, it shoudln't be my xbox. I can play other games. I tried Fallout 4 as that should be a similarly demanding game, and no problem at all. HELP!

Are they gonna fix this ? I am thinking of getting an xbox one and wanna be able to buy witcher 3 for it but if it runs like crap and has a bunch of pop-ins then i am not going to do it.

I don't think CDPR even cares about it. They know about the bad performance they created themselves, and instead of actually releasing a patch for that or at least saying they're aware of the issue, they ignore the people who bought the game and the season pass.

Just thank you.

I don't think CDPR even cares about it. They know about the bad performance they created themselves, and instead of actually releasing a patch for that or at least saying they're aware of the issue, they ignore the people who bought the game and the season pass.

Just thank you.

I´m sure they care, but the silence about it isn´t doing them any favours. It looks like they´ve given up about it. I sure don´t feel like a valued customer. Being the weakest platform I knew the Xbox One version would be the black sheep, but the problem is the game ran fine at launch. They messed it up in a patch, fixed it, only to mess it up again. It´s not unplayable, but is was so much better. God I hope they can (and will) fix it.

Will the frame rate problems ever be adressed?

The frame rate in bigger places like Novigrad and Oxenfurt has been very poor. I'm surprised this hasn't been fixed, it's been so long now. These areas use to play very smoothly before all the last patches. Also there's a lot of delay in textures loading. I can't help but feel like it's being ignored :(

The game was released a year ago, yesterday. They fixed the framerate issues of the PS4 version around September, the same month where they, for the second time, screwed the framerate on the Xbox version. Now, 8 MONTHS LATER, we still have no response whatsoever as to whether they are working to solve this problem or not. Honestly? I gave up long ago. Now the only thing to look foward to is how much they will fuck up the game after they release the new DLC. After that they probably will release a couple of patches to fix some related-quest bugs and call it a day. That's when we'll have another chance to have this FPS problems solved, but the thing is everyone here already made topics about this, sent reports about this issue and etc. and nothing has changed. I'm at the point of not caring anymore. If they fix this, good, but i'll not expect too much from them now. I really wanted to play this game as i used to play before, with almost no framerate drops in any place. And even though this is not frequent or a disaster like the Dark Souls 3 FPS issues, i think they owe us this one. After all, the game was almost perfect 8 months ago, and that's the game that me and you bought, not a game filled with framerate issues that gives the impression that it is too much for a Xbox to handle (even though we know that this isn't the case).

The game was released a year ago, yesterday. They fixed the framerate issues of the PS4 version around September, the same month where they, for the second time, screwed the framerate on the Xbox version. Now, 8 MONTHS LATER, we still have no response whatsoever as to whether they are working to solve this problem or not. Honestly? I gave up long ago. Now the only thing to look foward to is how much they will fuck up the game after they release the new DLC. After that they probably will release a couple of patches to fix some related-quest bugs and call it a day. That's when we'll have another chance to have this FPS problems solved, but the thing is everyone here already made topics about this, sent reports about this issue and etc. and nothing has changed. I'm at the point of not caring anymore. If they fix this, good, but i'll not expect too much from them now. I really wanted to play this game as i used to play before, with almost no framerate drops in any place. And even though this is not frequent or a disaster like the Dark Souls 3 FPS issues, i think they owe us this one. After all, the game was almost perfect 8 months ago, and that's the game that me and you bought, not a game filled with framerate issues that gives the impression that it is too much for a Xbox to handle (even though we know that this isn't the case).

I feel like it's blindingly obvious that it's the case that the Xbox can handle it. Because patch after patch the performance of the game simply dwindled. It's not unplayable at this point but it certainly is annoying. At least pop in's aren't a major issue like the PS4 has. From what I've noticed at least.

It probably won't be fixed. Xbox One users have been shafted with this game. The framerate is messed up when it worked fine before. They were investigating, but the silence about the issue speaks for itself. I love the games and I know there are a lot of passionate and very talented people working at CD Projekt Red, but I feel like I'm treated like the red-headed step child.

I can deal with lesser graphics and performance, Xbox One is the weakest platform of the 3 after all, but it's not acceptable that the framerate was fine but now we're screwed. With improving the perfomance on PS4, they messed it up on Xbox One. Priorities I guess.

Unlike you, guys, I'm actually hopeful. I do think it'll be fixed with the patch that'll obviously come just before B&W. I actually followed up closely on this issue with CDPR support, sending a lot of footage with framerate issues. I've even got a special screenshot from the developers saying thanks to me. I just hope it wasn't the means of shutting me up.

But really, all of the above is not really why I'm positive on the upcoming fix. I stated multiple times in this X1 performance issues threads. We're not getting the fix, because the X1 players are considered a minority now, as it sold less copies of the game on this platform and a lot of players have completed the game long ago already and moved on to other games. Those who are still playing are very few and far between, just consider that most of this tiny audience just don't know what a framerate issue is and others just don't care enough to report or get vocal about it. Well, there we get what we get. Also, fixing something that affects only a small number of players is not a good business model.

However, with the release of B&W there'll obviously be a new spike of interest to this game and leaving the game at the poor state will certainly backfire at CDPR as there'll be much more people complaining. They also have a history of fixing the framerate issues on X1 before.

Anyway, only time will tell. Let's just see how naive I am with my views. All in all I'll be red hot with anger if the situation doesn't not get remedied.

Last edited:
Patch 1.21

Did anyone here downloaded the 1.21 patch? It seems that they changed a lot of things. Interface is completely changed, fonts are now bigger, menu is more easy to navigate and less clunky, to some extent, and it appears that the Loading times are more bearable and quicker, however i used fast-travel from Kaer Morhen to Novigrad and it took more time than the usual to load (maybe because it is the most populated area in the game, who knows).

Edit: OK, i went to Novigrad to see if the framerate issues were still there and...apparently, they are. At least for me. And nowhere in their patch log this issue was mentioned, which basically confirms that they didn't fix this yet.

Last edited:
I downloaded it. I like the new look. Just a couple days ago I contacted support re: half of the witcher contract givers did not exist, stopping all progress on the contract. 1.21 has fixed this issue!

OK, i went to Novigrad to see if the framerate issues were still there and...apparently, they are. At least for me. And nowhere in their patch log this issue was mentioned, which basically confirms that they didn't fix this yet.

I think it won't be fixed anymore... :(

Top Bottom