Xbox One X: Achievements don't progress. Have tried all suggested fixes.

+
I'm stuck on several achievements, such as The Jungle, The Wasteland, and Greetings from Pacifica! There are some story specific "secret" ones that never unlocked despite my finishing the endings too. So, you know, that'd have been impossible to do and not get the achievements (and yes, I saved Takemura).

Is there any rhyme or reason to this? Initially The Jungle was stuck at ~50%. I started a new game, did Santo Domingo again, and things were unlocking, so I thought cool.

It hits 83%, and now it's stopped/stuck again.

I have no ad blockers running, I've checked my internet connection/made sure I'm connected to Xbox Live/no traffic is being blocked. I've cleared the local cache repeatedly. I've loaded earlier saves and tried to restart. Nothing. Once the achievements stop updating, it's finished for that play through.

Has anyone else run into this? If so, how did you fix it (if you fixed it?) The bug report page says to contact Microsoft about getting achievements unlocked, but Microsoft has no method to do that. The only support options they offer are forums or weirdly just messaging another random Xbox user (so that suggestion should probably be removed as it's more frustrating than helpful).

I've had a lot of fun, but despite wanting to be a competionist I don't think I have a third playthrough in me, ha.

I never have this problem, but on the other hand, it could be happen only one times (For me, all of those achievements were completed in December).
So in short, you have clear the GIG, the Pshycos and all the NCPD Scanner Hustles in Pacifica and you don't have the achievement ?
(it's the easiest, there is only one GIG in Pacifica... But you have to complete "Transmission" for unlock the last NCPD Scanner Hustles).

I never have this problem, but on the other hand, it could be happen only one times (For me, all of those achievements were completed in December).
So in short, you have clear the GIG, the Pshycos and all the NCPD Scanner Hustles in Pacifica and you don't have the achievement ?
(it's the easiest, there is only one GIG in Pacifica... But you have to complete "Transmission" for unlock the last NCPD Scanner Hustles).

Yup! I've literally completed every single mission. The map is clear. I've advanced time just to make sure no odds and ends are sticking out. And then I even went to the trouble of cross referencing the journal completed quests to quest lists online, ha! Which was a huge pain since they're not sortable.

At some point they just stop updating, unless I start a new game. And then they progress for a bit again until... they freeze again. But while I enjoy many missions, I don't enjoy them so much I'd want to aim for 100% completion again as opposed to just trying out weirder builds or something.

Other games seems fine with achievement progression and unlocking, so I'm stumped.

I'm also cursed with River's gun. I never got the River's questline achievement, so I couldn't tell if whatever triggers it would also remove River's quest item flag. The quest is definitely finished, but he won't take my calls (dude doesn't handle rejection well apparently). I even went back to the trailer park and tried to make sure I didn't miss any dialogues, you can talk to him in person but that's it.

Yup! I've literally completed every single mission. The map is clear. I've advanced time just to make sure no odds and ends are sticking out. And then I even went to the trouble of cross referencing the journal completed quests to quest lists online, ha! Which was a huge pain since they're not sortable.

At some point they just stop updating, unless I start a new game. And then they progress for a bit again until... they freeze again. But while I enjoy many missions, I don't enjoy them so much I'd want to aim for 100% completion again as opposed to just trying out weirder builds or something.

Other games seems fine with achievement progression and unlocking, so I'm stumped.
Yep, very weird :(
Anyway, you can report it if you have already did it > Here
I have doubts that Microsoft can help you...
(maybe a futur patch could "auto-complete" your achievements, just with reload a save where all the quests are completed).

The last quest about River that you have did is "Follow The River" ?
If yes, the quest is taggued "completed" or "failed" ?

Yep, very weird :(
Anyway, you can report it if you have already did it > Here
I have doubts that Microsoft can help you...
(maybe a futur patch could "auto-complete" your achievements, just with reload a save where all the quests are completed).

The last quest about River that you have did is "Follow The River" ?
If yes, the quest is taggued "completed" or "failed" ?

Completed! Weird, right?

I mean, the revolver is really good but I'd like to stash it on the wall, haha.

That's a good point though, I'll keep some saves just in case a future patch can auto complete a bunch of stuff.

Completed! Weird, right?

I mean, the revolver is really good but I'd like to stash it on the wall, haha.
Yep, it's a problem "normally" solve after the 1.2 :(
You upgraded CRASH in legendary or it still in rare ?
(it's rare I think when you get it).

For your achievements, yep keep your save ;)
In my opinion, it's the "less" problematic bug. All your quests are completed (unlike some players who do not have them because some quests are blocked and impossible to finish.).

Yep, it's a problem "normally" solve after the 1.2 :(
You upgraded CRASH in legendary or it still in rare ?
(it's rare I think when you get it).

For your achievements, yep keep your save ;)
In my opinion, it's the "less" problematic bug. All your quests are completed (unlike some players who do not have them because some quests are blocked and impossible to finish.).

I did try upgrading it to Legendary, but it's still flagged as a quest item. Even after doing multiple endings, lol. I even tried some suggestions like trying to get it swapped out with Archangel or another quest where you equip a different iconic as the reward. Nothing.

I had already completed the Sweet Dreams quest, so I couldn't try that, unfortunately.

I guess you're right, depending however it checks. I don't think I ran into any quests I couldn't complete at all, although sometimes they'd activate at weird times. Like for awhile I was stuck on Severance Package as one of my last remaining quests, and it just wouldn't start, then later I was randomly walking by it and it suddenly triggered, no idea why.

Another weird thing is other achievements are still triggering fine. Like I just completed the second heart one.

I'll give it another try after the next patch, I suppose.

I broke down and started yet another playthrough with a different non-mixmaxed build (I think that's just as fun, maybe more so for my style) and this time they actually triggered (I made a beeline specifically for the two areas I had yet to "complete").

Who knows what's going on, and I imagine not everyone will want to start over every time the achievements freeze. But I can't tell if it was an Xbox or Cyberpunk issue (or both!)

Who knows what's going on, and I imagine not everyone will want to start over every time the achievements freeze. But I can't tell if it was an Xbox or Cyberpunk issue (or both!)
Did you contact CDPR support? Issues seems to be a bit difficult to solve or even pin down if it's game or Xbox related on forums.

For my part, also played on Xbox One X, I can tell that I completed my first playthrough with game version day 1 and finished it when it was at version 1.61. There was but one achievement related issue and that was not related to achievement itself but one NCDP mission didn't show up on map for me before 1.6. After completing that mission triggered.

I don't know if there's possibility to send save file from Xbox to CDPR support, but you might ask about that. (anyone here knows) and I might wanted to seek out whatever options available to see if save file is corrupted and if it's related to your Xbox or not. I mean if it's hard drive failure or something, Cyberpunk fine game and all that, but regardless, you might want to know sooner rather than later.

Yes, but I've actually never received a reply from them on any reported issue. Achievements wouldn't be high up on my list either I suppose.
Most of the things you mentioned don't really have a bearing on what I was describing, but it's a (before I started using it on my Xbox) new tested and checked SSD.

As I mentioned, the issue appeared to solve itself on further playthroughs, I just wouldn't expect anyone else to play the game 3 times to get achievements to unlock properly.

As I mentioned, the issue appeared to solve itself on further playthroughs, I just wouldn't expect anyone else to play the game 3 times to get achievements to unlock properly.
3 times, yes (I finished CP more than 3 times...)
But not for "only" complete the achivements, that's for sure in my case :(

Have you completed the "Beat the brat" set of Jobs?
Because 2 of those are in Pacifica, there is the grenade nose guy (which I don't think appears until something else happens), and the final fight is there.

Top Bottom