Xbox One's videos

+
But Kin, even from a crop youtube pic this:

It's not good... :(

I don't see anything bad with this one.. I saw this in that source youtube video, and it looked good in there, it looks good in here (even though I know it's a jpg from a YT video with lot of compression)

That´s why people are not on our shoes.
Almost a week from the release date and >>> PC footage: [CHECK]. PS4 footage: [CHECK]. Xbox One: [ ___ ]...............

Many have already bought and pre-downloaded... But what can we do?
Just...
Wait...

Yeah, because it's a jpg that went through Twitter's compression. Then keep in mind that it's a pic of footage that already went through Youtube's compression. Of course it's going to look like ass at the end, that pic was posted for fun, not to showcase the game's graphics.

I think people need to take a step back and calm down.

People will spend € 65 to buy a game and want to see the version of your console ... it costs to upload a video? because the mystery? what it happens? laugh so because the Xbox one?

Before you are going to filter users who have, and thanks to them we will see something, rather than the developer itself, this never happened. It's a shame, but if there are no longer days ...

Last edited:
People will spend € 65 to buy a game and want to see the version of your console ... it costs to upload a video? because the mystery? what it happens? laugh so because the Xbox one?

Fail to see how this has anything to do with a compressed to hell image.

I only jumped in because people were speculating wildly on a heavily compressed image. Nothing more, nothing less.

Unless they're waiting to release it as mkt promotional thing next week.
I hope this is the case.

Yeah, because it's a jpg that went through Twitter's compression. Then keep in mind that it's a pic of footage that already went through Youtube's compression. Of course it's going to look like ass at the end, that pic was posted for fun, not to showcase the game's graphics.

I think people need to take a step back and calm down.

It looks significantly better if levels and gamma are fixed (to suit my monitor (sRGB) - I used no clipping, full range, and a gamma of 0.75 ~ your monitors (if anyone wants to experiment for themselves) might need more or less tweaking...

It isn't perfect, but I remember when "Wolfenstein" or "System Shock" were bleeding edge graphics. and also much further back than that... so while "Is there a way to improve the quality of this scene/image/asset?" seems valid and reasonable. "OMG this is horrible, my eyes are bleeding..." or other similar nonsense is entitled hyperbole and annoying on the 100th read (actually from the first, but the annoyance does grow over time... like love, or a banana).

I don't believe for a second those pictures are from Xbox One. I'm just gonna go ahead and believe what three developers from CD Projekt RED have told us now and also at least three different websites. They keep claiming it's pretty much the same damn thing as the PS4 version, except for resolution. What those pictures to me look like are PC at low settings or something. CDPR could have kept completely silent towards any Xbox One question, but they chose to answer and say it looks awesome, same, on par, nearly identical, etc. I'll say it again, if the X1 version turns out so much worse than PS4, it would look really bad on the developer and i highly doubt CDPR wants that. It would make Xbox fans start second guessing them for other upcoming games such as Cyberpunk.

Whatever the reason for this....i honestly am not afraid that the Xbox One version will look like total crap, would not surprise me if it's indeed very close to PS4, cause look at pretty much any other third party games so far. What have been the true big differences? Resolution and in rare cases a significant lower framerate (Tomb Raider DE, but that was made by two different developers) we are talking CDPR here, pretty much technical wizards in my eyes. :) And it would be The Witcher 3 where the true first real BIG gap between X1 and PS4 starts?

Nah.

Nope. Apparently older PC... I'd expect youtube footage to be indistinguishable from PS4 though (apart from button prompts) as there shouldn't be too much difference apart from upscaled resolution... and blurry compression will mask that.

Nope. Apparently older PC... I'd expect youtube footage to be indistinguishable from PS4 though (apart from button prompts) as there shouldn't be too much difference apart from upscaled resolution... and blurry compression will mask that.
I doubt I will, but I really hope I don't regret putting money into the game and preloading it. I'm sure making a quick buck of the game wouldn't be worth the horrible backlash they would get for the xbone version not running smoothly.

I think Damien said on twitter it was old PC build:
https://twitter.com/Bacon_is_life/status/596564841554386944
I can't find the question though.

Something calming: The cdp dev from the german facebook page, wrote in the comments that the xbox one version looks virtually identical to the ps4 version and there should be footage before release.

I doubt I will, but I really hope I don't regret putting money into the game and preloading it. I'm sure making a quick buck of the game wouldn't be worth the horrible backlash they would get for the xbone version not running smoothly.

We can hope, This isn't ubisoft here.

True. Very true. But this situation with X1 is disencouraging a bit.

Why are everyone so worried about xbox one footage?
What are you guys thinking?

Unless the game runs constantly below 25fps, I don't think you should worry about how it looks.
In other games, there is differences between ps4 and xbox one, but they are not that huge. You'll probably get a game that looks almost the same as PS4.

Unless the game runs constantly below 25fps, I don't think you should worry about how it looks.
In other games, there is differences between ps4 and xbox one, but they are not that huge. You'll probably get a game that looks almost the same as PS4.

This industry has made me cynical.... I can't help it :/

It's not so much that i am worried, not yet, that will happen if we still dont have any footage when reviews start to come out. I just want to see how it looks and runs on my console of choice, we've had two videos of PS4 now, no reason to not show Xbox ONe.

Top Bottom