Xbox Ranked

+
Xbox Ranked

I know people don't seem to care much about the Xbox players, but I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I guess I selected Xbox only ranked when I started playing the game, because I can only see the Xbox Leaderboard, and my ranked queue times are absurd (over a minute most of the time). I didn't even notice it at first, but as I've gone up the ranks, its become incredibly frustrating to play ranked given how few players there are to match with.

I was under the impression that we could switch cross play at any time to be matched with PC players, but this doesn't seem to be the case, it says its enabled, but I don't think my queue times would be this long if that were true. Is there anything I can do to change this option so I can actually find ranked matches? Will there be an option in the future, maybe the end of the season?

Any help or answers would be appreciated. I was really enjoying the Gwent - I even bought some kegs to support what I thought was a great project - but this is absolutely killing the game for me.

Switching between regions or switching between Xbox and global can only be done at the end of the season to prevent possible abuse. If you have enabled global matchmaking then it should become active once the new season starts. You could also try to contact support. Maybe they can immediately transfer you, circumventing the restrictions. *Maybe*

I've come to say the same thing. I've been playing since close beta and this is the first time the game has really irked me.

I'm ranked about number 60 globally on XBOX one only ladder. It's so hard to find a ranked game to play, and when I do, it's usually someone so far below me that I don't get many points for winning or I lose 50+ points for losing. And I don't even have a high MMR, it's only 2458. It's so difficult to climb in points, XBOX one only players are at a severe disadvantage when it comes to ranking & its rewards.

This morning I waited 3 minutes to find a game, and it was someone I had already beat early in the day. Both games I got 1 point for winning. What's the point? I might as well play casual, as I can find an opponent quicker and won't lose 75 MMR if I lose the game.

Also, I've got an additional question on this topic. Is there even any point to playing the XBOX one ladder in any season? Are end of season rewards determined with different criteria or are we all lumped together in the end? It's not fair if we are.

I love you CD Project Red.

I'm glad I didn't go with the Xbox only option. I have very fast queue times from the cross play server. Usually only a 1-3 sec wait. However I think I'd have a higher rank in the smaller player pool.

R3V3RS3PARADOX;n9047220 said:
I'm glad I didn't go with the Xbox only option. I have very fast queue times from the cross play server. Usually only a 1-3 sec wait. However I think I'd have a higher rank in the smaller player pool.

I went with the Xbox one option for ranking last season. Yes, you end up with a higher ranking, but you get to a point where matchmaking takes a very long time or doesn't occur at all. This option may be better once it leaves beta as there may be more dedicated players.

Due to the ranking system changes, there are now more players on the the higher ranks for XBOX Only. Though still not the same high numbers as mixed with PC, the 'smaller pond' is far fairer due to the restrictive attributes of Xbox (such as no trackers).

Chris - I agree, it's gotten MUCH better since the new changes. I'm much happier now (but have more trouble maintaining my rank, lol)

I haven't been able to find a ranked match consistently in weeks. I wait up to 3 minutes or more. I'm sure there is someone out there if I wait long enough, but who wants to do that. I only selected Xbox when I started because I was new and thought I'd be matched against players who were also new and didn't have massive collections already. Moving forward CDPR should make it clear that the ranked season lasts 2 months. I would not have selected Xbox if I had known the seasons last sooooo long. They also need to give the option for Xbox players to transfer to all platforms if they can't fix these queue times. Also, I'm not high ranked..rank 9 only, I can'timagine how bad it must be for someone near the top. Maybe they should even consider not allowing players so select one specific console for ranked play if these queue times can't be addressed, cause I feel many players will fall into the same trap I did of thinking choosing their console will be a better option to learn the game in ranked play.

So I'm just getting back into Gwent after a few months off and I chose the option to start the season with xbox live players only. Stupid I know, I was not really paying attention. Currently there are only around 1100 players on xbox live from what I am seeing and finding a ranked match is taking around 5-10 minutes. Has there been anything said if this will change in the future so I don't have to spend a whole season barely playing? I'd rather reset my rank completely and be able to actually play a good amount of matches.

Capnpunchy

Moved your post to another thread dedicated to this topic.

Switching between regions or switching between Xbox and global can only be done at the end of the season to prevent possible abuse. If you have enabled global matchmaking then it should become active once the new season starts. You could also try to contact support. Maybe they can immediately transfer you, circumventing the restrictions. *Maybe*

Top Bottom