Xbox Series S Performance is Not Great (v4.02). Foliage Density Needs Tuning.

+
I don't know if it is my console or if it is another hardware issue but the current state of the game is just unplayable. You only have two options to play at which is an attempt at 60 fps with constant camera stuttering as it tries to hit that mark and a render distance of only (what seems to be) 5 feet in front of you. It feels like the game is water color painting because of the lack of textures rendered. Or you have the other option of 30 fps, which is laughable because it feels like it can barely hold that in dense areas. I don't understand why the Xbox one X plays this game better than a newer console. Perhaps I'm missing something but it feels like the foliage density is slowing the game down immensely. Why couldn't this be toned down for consoles that can't perform as well as the PS5/XSX? That way you could attempt to create a good middle ground where textures could load in quicker and we could have consistent frame rates.

I feel crazy because I've been looking everywhere and no one seems to be talking about this so please let me know if I am!

First if it's not already done, I would suggest to try to clear the cache in case (the only thing that you can do on console).
Then, if you still encounter performence issues, send a ticket to the support, to at least, keep them aware of the issue.
(there is no dedicated category, but this one should be fine > "contact us" button).

Top Bottom