Xbox Series X Game Crash

+
hi piechucker. We don't get discouraged. I have posted other posts on professional player sites. Let's wait. there is more to play. Meanwhile, I tried to make another attempt. I took the console offline (from settings) and installed the game from cd to see if it worked. but then it requires online connection and downloads patch 1.5 and everything crashes. what bothers me is having thrown away 70 euros. I hope to find some solution which of course I will post to you. Thanks and have a nice day in the meantime

150 hours in 1.5 and no crash at all :(
Took my time on my playthrough with 1.5. Around 160+ h. On Xbox One X several crashes but I can't pin them down to any particular location or pattern. There were couple where frames per second really went down and didn't recover and soon after crash to dashboard. Then 3 to 4 times it just crashed to dashboard, no slowing down, no time interval that I could say would form a pattern. Weirdest one was during ending credits, right in the middle of Misty's phone call, crash to dashboard and I had to replay last sequence from where during the Star, there's final ride in panzer as crash during credits happened before ending save game.

While there were several crashes in 160+ hours, for me it wasn't something that ruined my experience. That's awfully lot of hours. Of course it would be better if those didn't happen, but nothing that's constant or having huge impact to my experience.

Took my time on my playthrough with 1.5. Around 160+ h. On Xbox One X several crashes but I can't pin them down to any particular location or pattern. There were couple where frames per second really went down and didn't recover and soon after crash to dashboard. Then 3 to 4 times it just crashed to dashboard, no slowing down, no time interval that I could say would form a pattern. Weirdest one was during ending credits, right in the middle of Misty's phone call, crash to dashboard and I had to replay last sequence from where during the Star, there's final ride in panzer as crash during credits happened before ending save game.

While there were several crashes in 160+ hours, for me it wasn't something that ruined my experience. That's awfully lot of hours. Of course it would be better if those didn't happen, but nothing that's constant or having huge impact to my experience.
Currently, about 300h... and a single crash in total, yesterday :D
I complete the Gig: Hacking The Hacker, take the bonus on the drop point and level up. As I lacked 1 point in INT to hack the access points of the area, I took the elevator again and as soon as I reached the hideout level, my game crash to the dashboard... Maybe I was not supposed to access to the area after completing the GIG :)
And for the end credits, it happen to me in 1.2+ (if I remember) and also in 1.31 (quite annoying...)

Have you had any luck with cd projekt red's suggestions? Meanwhile, this is another response from their technical support (arrived yesterday):
Hello there,

Thank you for your message.

The answer written by Kateryna was the correct approach to the issue as the Xbox Series X may overheat when playing Cyberpunk 2077 if not probably taken care of and not in proper position with good air ventilation.

- Have you enabled HDR on your Xbox as well as in-game?
- When exactly does the crash occur? After selecting something, or a few moments later?

Best regards,
Myaku

You're probably right. I don't think their support will make the game work. Also how do I answer Myaku's question since it comes from a no-reply mailbox? I think the only solution so far is to wait until a next patch (if they hear our prayers) will fix the game.

Good luck Piechucker

You're probably right. I don't think their support will make the game work. Also how do I answer Myaku's question since it comes from a no-reply mailbox?
The answer come from a "no-reply" mailbox ?
(I received an answer about a bug last week, also by Myaku and it was not a "no-reply" mail > REDSupport cyberpunk_xbox).

Hi LeKill The answer came from here : "On Fri, 25 Feb 2022 at 08:21, CD Projekt Red - Support <no_reply@support.cdprojektred.com"
Weird :(
And it's very strange issue and may be difficult to figure out what/why/how it happen and reproduce it.
Because I suppose that we have the exact same console and the exact same game.
If it's not overheat, the only differences could be the video settings on the console itself, the language and if it's a disc version version updated to 1.5 (or a full digital copy).
Beside, I received a Xbox System update yesterday, maybe good to try after aplly it in case :(

Edit : Or maybe an issue with the very first "auto-save" (right after the very first loading screen). So maybe look if there is enough "free" space on the SSD in case.

Last edited:
Thanks for your advice. I have a brand new console I bought in April last year. And the game is the same as you have. I have 700GB of disk space and only 4 games. My tv is 4k uhd. Mysterious is because everything worked first with patch 1.31 and then with patch 1.5 nothing. Cd projekt red gives no explanation on the matter. But I think by now it was the patch and they don't even admit it. It is the only game that does this. anyway thanks for your support. I'll wait for them to notice and fix it

Top Bottom