Xbox series X smart delivery CP2077 News

+
Just saw this posted from Newegg.

Specs on the next Xbox with this tidbit at the end which tells us of cdprs next gen plans

Edit: didn't see it was announced on Twitter this morning. Anyways, worth a separate post for discussion.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200224-201157_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200224-201157_Facebook.jpg
    854 KB · Views: 139
Thanks mods

I think it's a pretty impressive gesture from microsoft, personally. From someone that has purchased cross generation games multiple times, it's very welcome. People asked about CDPR's plans for "free upgrade" but this places the capabilities at the root of the system, with microsoft. I've got an Xbox One in the living room now that will move to the bedroom when replaced by a Series X. It's nice to know that I'll have CP2077 available on both generations for one cost.

It's also nice to think about some of the current generation games getting Series X updates instead of "remastered". This is very pro consumer which is rare these days for microsoft

I got the impression from the description the "smart delivery" will be a bit more involved compared to the status quo. I have an X1X and a lot of titles there involve installing the same game and pulling down an additional patch for the better visuals. Even then the upgraded version isn't exactly groundbreaking in comparison. The description implies it's going to go far further with it. Assuming it's widely adopted by developers it sounds like a good thing.

Unfortunately, this new info doesn't clarify how the new Xbox is going to power my dreams :). I was genuinely curious about those claims.

I think this is great news. It makes me strongly consider buying an Xbox for the first time in a long time. I know Sony will have the usual array of insane exclusives, but they are not moving nearly fast enough with the news at the moment. Microsoft is hogging all the spotlight, and will continue to do so at E3 this year (which Sony dropped out of).

Everything I've heard about this Xbox has me excited. I hope it stays that way and they don't have a repeat of the "TV, TV, TV, TV, sports, sports, sports, television, TV" debacle.

EDIT: Btw, still a PC fanboy first and foremost, but I do want a console as well.

Last edited:
I think this is great news. It makes me strongly consider buying an Xbox for the first time in a long time. I know Sony will have the usual array of insane exclusives, but they are not moving nearly fast enough with the news at the moment. Microsoft is hogging all the spotlight, and will continue to do so at E3 this year (which Sony dropped out of).

Everything I've heard about this Xbox has me excited. I hope it stays that way and they don't have a repeat of the "TV, TV, TV, TV, sports, sports, sports, television, TV" debacle.

EDIT: Btw, still a PC fanboy first and foremost, but I do want a console as well.
I think it's a move that separates the two well enough (if Sony doesn't do something similar). It will be interesting to see when Sony finally breaks the silence and shows their cards. Honestly, my PS4 collects dust besides the 15hr long exclusives that come out every couple years. I mainly use my PC for modding games and pick up my Xbox for everything else. I'm excited for the series X go pack the power it has with the convenience I'm used to

I'll wait and see what Sony does. But it's an unusually sensible move from Microsoft.

I also prefer PC, but will buy the game first for a console.

I'll wait and see what Sony does. But it's an unusually sensible move from Microsoft.

I also prefer PC, but will buy the game first for a console.
Honestly, a lot of their moves lately have been sensible and pretty pro consumer. The gamepass ultimate gives me the same games on PC and console so that I can play the multiplayer parts with friends and single player with better hardware. Smart Delivery sounds like it'll make even moving cross generation that much easier

Hi, i am new on this Forum, so i don't know where to post and how to make a new Topic. In 2 Months i might get a Xbox Series X. There is a Promise of Smart Delivery and i don't know how it will work for PS4 Players, if they are buying a Xbox Series X. There are no report about that and so i assume that there will be no Cross Platform Smart Delivery. With mean i need to buy the Game again. With might pose a Problem to my savings. I know one Thing, before i will go to the Main Story. I will made a lot side Quests to play one Easy Mode (In Reality Hardcore Mode). Cause this is my Gaming Style. So therefor i would like to see a Cross Platform Smart Delivery.

I haven't had an Xbox since the 360 but I gotta say once Sony moved Playstation HQ to California it's almost as if they're trying to get rid of me. Might happen because Xbox doesn't seem as patronizing but they're not exactly the antithesis of Sony in the areas that are bothering me either. If I buy next gen, I will definitely consider Xbox.

I haven't had an Xbox since the 360 but I gotta say once Sony moved Playstation HQ to California it's almost as if they're trying to get rid of me. Might happen because Xbox doesn't seem as patronizing but they're not exactly the antithesis of Sony in the areas that are bothering me either. If I buy next gen, I will definitely consider Xbox.
Get rid of you?.

Top Bottom