xbox720 will have DX12

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
xbox720 will have DX12

Xbox 720 will use DX12 tech first with as i beleive AMD GPU.
Later Nvidia and AMD will create PC DX12 hardware for thouse who still enjoy PCs.
What is DX12 will be about? It should have hardware support of RayTracing via HSA(i.e efficienty and full system load with easy scalability)and gigantic memory bandwith(1Tb/s levels) via stacked or wide ram.

http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/

its a reliable source, it named that sony had gone 8gb of gddr5 ram months before it was announced before everyone else.
and apparently AMD will have a big leg up on nvidia chips this time around.

Later Nvidia and AMD will create PC DX12 hardware for thouse who still enjoy PCs.

You mean the vast majority who play PC-only games, such as MMO, RTS, turn-based strategy, sim games, and many many more? Who also, by the way, often own a console, since surprise surprise, the two aren't mutually exclusive.

It would be a massive blow to the gaming industry and gaming companies if their profits came solely from consoles. That's why they've been so pissed off lately at Microsoft for Windows 8, which apparently is complete shite as a gaming platform. Then again, it's nothing new from Microsoft; XP is an awesome gaming platform, Vista is useless, Windows 7 is decent, Windows 8 is useless... We just have to wait for the next one I guess.

Still, Pris, your crusade for consoles and against PC gaming is just a tad Don Quixotesque. Posting baits like the above is getting a bit old.

my computer is always on as well..... so is my xbox360....

and i didnt write the article all i pointed out was that xbox720 will have dx12...

here is what it looks like:

That would be nice..except it took so long for DX11 to hit we are STILL mostly playing DX9 software. The game has to be coded to use it. So, no DX12 for Watch Dogs for example.

Also, you do realise the hardware AMD and Nvidia are putting into consoles is crippled PC hardware. Right? PCs are the start point. then they gear down. We'll have DX12 capable hardware when it's ready.

Forum veteran
I almost hope that the Xbox is more advanced than everything else like Pris obviously expects, just for the hilarity of having its potential never fully tapped thanks to multiplatform games being designed around the lowest common denominator. What beautiful karma that'd be.

Oh, I'm quite interested in console development. It'll set the standard for what developers want to see in games for years to come. DX 12 somewhat less so, because I don't think it'll be too relevant for quite a while.
Mind you, I'd be more interested in less biased threads. There will be negatives to consider and fans rarely like to think of that.

They're not exactly just fans, they're a specific subgenre, they're fanboys.

Allow me to use this comic to illustrate my point:

That would be nice..except it took so long for DX11 to hit we are STILL mostly playing DX9 software. The game has to be coded to use it. So, no DX12 for Watch Dogs for example.

Also, you do realise the hardware AMD and Nvidia are putting into consoles is crippled PC hardware. Right? PCs are the start point. then they gear down. We'll have DX12 capable hardware when it's ready.

its not crippled its the complete opposite, the x360 launched xenon was way before its time with tesselation imbeaded ram, something pcs saw years after. also the system is streamlined to push as many polys as possible while a pc is used for general compute. an example is that a pc with the same hardware as a console looks 10x worst.

its not crippled its the complete opposite, the x360 launched xenon was way before its time with tesselation imbeaded ram, something pcs saw years after. also the system is streamlined to push as many polys as possible while a pc is used for general compute. an example is that a pc with the same hardware as a console looks 10x worst.

So what ?
Do you edit images, music or videos on your console ?
Do you compute 3D rendering on a console ?
Do you run professional app on a console ?
There.
PCs are not specialized, true. So again, what ?
Most games are in DX 9 because consoles don't support DX 11 and games are developed for both platforms.
Most people here playing on PCs have high end rigs (and maybe consoles too). There is absolutly no need to compare both types of machines. PCs are definitly better than console at anything for a price. You may put it any way you wish, that is the reality.
And, if my PC is connected around the clock, there is nothing there verifying that everything inside is OK and is aknowledged by M$. The always on conection is for me (and for a lot of people I know) a definitive No Go. You may now buy as many consoles as you wish, but stop trying to convince us that they are the ideal gaming machines (for they are not).

Pris, console hardware is crippled from PC hardware because by the time it's on store shelves, PC hardware has already moved on. Pretty sure we already had this discussion. I have no idea where you are getting your references vis-a-vis tesselation but no console has ever kept up with PCs in terms of image capability. Be careful you don't fall prey to marketing uzzwords. Tesselation is one such word.

All these fancy promises don't mean much up against some simple logic: consoles are a fixed point with very few upgrade cycles. PCs, a generic term referring to a machine with multiple easily-upgraded parts, will always be ahead. Because a PC can always put in the latest, best hardware.

Optimization is nice, but primarily needed when you have a limited resource base. Kind of nullifies the argument of better hardware, neh?

Do you have stocks in MS? It's not a facetious question, I am curious as to your enthusiasm based on limited information outside marketing BS.

Well it's either that or he's just not a particularly subtle marketer. Either works. Or fanboy. But that's just awful, all this work for no pay.

Marketer, eh? Hmm. Dino is doing a better job - he has a natural enthusiasm for the PS4 I can't help but admire! I think I -will- buy a PS4! C'mon, Pris, steup up your game here! I'm still not excited by the 720! Will Durango make me a better person or let me order pizza online? Excite me!

specializing code for a specific hardware always produces the best results as can be seen with console games now using hardware from 7years ago.
as for consoles being outdated if the rumors are true xbox720 will use a 8 series amd card which is not even in the market right now for PC. we have to wait and see.
as for PC being superior maybe if you have unlimited resources and being a donkey that nvidia rides buying a new 600dollar card every 2 years so you can get an extra 3 fps when you run crysis i personally think its pathetic the amount of money pc gamers spend on equiptment. console gaming is a far better solution you buy a system and thats it and it runs games beautifully and has more and better games right now im playing GOW:J its awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom