XP Bug: mod fixes it?

+
Modders are always quicker, but I thought no one could really determine what exact quests are bugged or not, since some quests do indeed give XP.

Also not a fan of a running a .bat file before I can use the mod, so I probably won't risk trying that out, lol.

Modders are always quicker, but I thought no one could really determine what exact quests are bugged or not, since some quests do indeed give XP.

Also not a fan of a running a .bat file before I can use the mod, so I probably won't risk trying that out, lol.

A lot of mods that requiere repacking some game files have batch scripts included.

Just have a look at the bat and you should see what's going on.

yeah, the bat file makes me a bit wary as well, but guess I'm gonna risk it, but if anyone more versed in that kinda stuff here could take a look at it, I wouldn't mind. ;)

If this is true it makes CDPR look even more silly. They really should release that hotfix ASAP.

But this wont make me get xp for killing monsters right?

A lot of mods that requiere repacking some game files have batch scripts included.

Just have a look at the bat and you should see what's going on.

Good point, just seems weird, hardly any description to it, and more importantly that person who uploaded has no other mods to his credit, so not saying I won't try it when I do go on my 2nd playthrough tonight, but I won't be the first, lol.

From my understanding, the fix from this mod is basic and not subtile. It changes all the quest level to 68 to avoid being confronted to a situation where player's level is below quest level.
I don't know if the game use the level of the quest for something else but it could have side effects.

Judging from the linked screenshot the method is to put every quest level at 68 to warrant XP rewards in all cases. I wonder if this can 'solve' the bug when it's already triggered, or if it's only safeguard to avoid it on a brand new playthrough?

I don't really have answers since i just played to lvl 4 in the past. I just wanted to wait until the patch sees the light of day but in my opinion this is a step in the right direction to at least be able to play until the patch gets released. I'll wait until the modder uploads a uninstaller or i'll just backup the unedited file.

Looks like a long night for me.

Got the official holiday tomorrow too. :D

If this is true it makes CDPR look even more silly.

Why? Modders don't have to go through all the red tape to publish the fix. or wait for other things to be fixed to send in for approval to release...

Mods can fix stuff and release...

There is no red tape for GOG. Come on if they cared they would have had a hotfix for this specific issue out monday. They even said so.

There is no red tape for GOG.
Yes there is, they still have to send it to QA and such even if they don't have to go through the other red tape. You can't just change something and throw it out.

Also If other major fixes are being worked on also those are being test also. Why make the QA team test one patch then another when you can combine and get through that process faster? That is what they implied was the reasoning behind the delay. not sure I believe that but...

And as you could read above the modders fix isn't really a fix it is a workaround that destroys the XP system completely.

Well,

Looks like this is indeed legit as there's several comments now in the main thread of the mod, here's another synopsis of someone else said this xp fix does:

"EDIT: Yea I've checked. This bascily fix the problem. Its just changes level needed to recieve the exp. So lets say for "XYZ quest we get 150XP max on 15lvl" on 16lvl we wont get anything. With this mod version EVERY quest gives us EXP to 69lvl. "

He also just included an "uninstall" bat in case people want to remove it after 1.05 gets released or just remove it if they find it's not working right. (however, almost every comment is positive so far that it's working) So I would say at this point, indeed those who can't live without the XP, this may be worth checking out for you if you got the PC version.

I'll need to check the XP value of the quests in the tutorial zone to see if the bug is really affecting me.

same I'm probably not going to use until I feel it's effecting me to play the game, we shall see (starting 2nd playthrough tonight, heh)

Top Bottom