XP Bug: mod fixes it?

+
Don't think its bad actually. It punishes you for not finding the quest in the right time, punishing you for roaming the open world.
This is not a mmorpg where you have endless of quests to do in all ranges and its okay to lock you out of quest xp because you will still reach max level.
By doing this they are making it vastly different what max level people can obtain (and getting max possible might be alot more of a boring process), which then gives different options for skillset to play around with.

This mod gives full xp even for grey quests - that's bad =(

That hasn't been 100% confirmed though, from what I've read some users have reported getting trivial XP (like 20-25 XP for doing Grey quests at a high level, not the full bloat of the XP as if it were green..) It is indeed a dirty workaround but for those are truly feel hammered by this XP Bug and simply can't play, this mod will be better than nothing for you.

The only concern for whether it is bad or not, is if you care about balancing XP the way CDPR intended if so then the mod kills that balance. If you don't...

If you do then while you have mod installed don't do any gray quests. uninstall once you run out of green/red or patch 1.05 comes out...

Regardless of whether or not you agree with what the mod does and how it does it, it does indeed fix the bug and make the game playable and allow you to progress from what I have read. Can't personally confirm as I'm on PS4, but wish such a fix was possible for consoles. That's more then CDPR has been able to do in what, 10 days. Embarrassing if you ask me.

Not giving XP for low level quests is a strange feature, I think.
People saying there is some plot quests of green colour level 12 immediately followed by the grey one of level 7.
How we supposed to do them without XP penalty?

Regardless of whether or not you agree with what the mod does and how it does it, it does indeed fix the bug and make the game playable and allow you to progress from what I have read. Can't personally confirm as I'm on PS4, but wish such a fix was possible for consoles. That's more then CDPR has been able to do in what, 10 days. Embarrassing if you ask me.

It doesn't fix the bug if you plays hours on it, only to find out the next DLC level wise is way out of wack or difficulty because you did it on a mod that gives you full XP. This is what I believe he's talking about and you won't know the impact till you're 100 hours in and that time comes around.

It doesn't fix the bug if you plays hours on it, only to find out the next DLC level wise is way out of wack or difficulty because you did it on a mod that gives you full XP. This is what I believe he's talking about and you won't know the impact till you're 100 hours in and that time comes around.

I can see that. But with the first big DLC release not coming out until I believe the fall, you could probably out level it within that time by just playing the game normal too. Regardless of getting XP for all quests. If you just go in and mess around killing mobs and what not. Do that for the next 4 months and you probably get some crazy levels too.

This mod gives full xp even for grey quests - that's bad =(

Uhhh no i just did 3 grey quests, they all handed me 25 - 40 exp a piece did a level 10 bounty (green) gave me 192 exp (i know for a fact that quest only gave me 150 exp on my first play) so no it does not give full exp for grey quests.

And as you could read above the modders fix isn't really a fix it is a workaround that destroys the XP system completely.

This mod does not destroy anything, i still get 25 - 40 exp per grey quest, just now you get the FULL amount of exp for green quests, if you are not going to try the mod out, do not say things that is outright a lie.

Last edited:
As a temporary fix, it works fine and if you dont want to mess up the level scaling just stay away from grey quests until the official fix comes out.

As usual, the community comes to the rescue. Many thanks to lestat8m for the mod, and also to TheTrooper1138 for pointing us in right direction.

Just a quick update. The mod is giving some people around 20% less XP than they should receive for some quests. I let the author know and they say about one hour for a fix.

This mod does not destroy anything,
Yes it does. It destroys the balance that CDPR put in place, maybe you took my statement a little to severely... And it isn't a lie. You get extra XP that you normally wouldn't get. It isn't a fix, it is a cheat. Not saying it is bad or anything. Don't take that statement out of context

According to the comments on the mod. If you uninstall the mod, you lose the XP you gained.

Not here.

Just got level 14 and current xp value shows 51/2000. Saved the game, restored original patch.bundle (the file, that got modified) and loaded my last save. I'm still on level 14 and current xp value shows 51/2000.

According to the comments on the mod. If you uninstall the mod, you lose the XP you gained.

Doesn't work like that for me. Just uninstalled it, tried it, still had 1½ levels I gained and then reinstalled a new version of it(without -20% loss). Still have my experience.

Only 1 guy had that problem, and I'm pretty sure he loaded the wrong save. Also there is no reason for the xp to be gone, the only thing the mod does is raise the level cap of all quests to 68.

I tend to disagree actually. We wont really overshoot. Just imagine it like knowing the good quest pattern from the beginning. It's totally doable to complete every quest in the game without any becoming gray if you do it in a certain order. So I don't think it's a cheat or hack at all, as long as it doesnt break anything not mentioned yet.

And as i said earlier but no one responded to, I'm mostly worried what things like this will break the possibility of achievments.

You will overshoot. Even if you know the very best quest pattern. the higher quest levels are like 30. so you can't get higher then 35 on quests alone. you will get a few lvls from killing monsters but thats it. and that is the way CDPR wanted it to be for future expansions. So have fun having pretty much a godmode hack on when you play those expansions as a level 70 witcher XD

Yes it does. It destroys the balance that CDPR put in place, maybe you took my statement a little to severely... And it isn't a lie. You get extra XP that you normally wouldn't get. It isn't a fix, it is a cheat. Not saying it is bad or anything. Don't take that statement out of context

Top Bottom