XP Bug: mod fixes it?

+
You will overshoot. Even if you know the very best quest pattern. the higher quest levels are like 30. so you can't get higher then 35 on quests alone. you will get a few lvls from killing monsters but thats it. and that is the way CDPR wanted it to be for future expansions. So have fun having pretty much a godmode hack on when you play those expansions as a level 70 witcher XD

I had not been handing grey quests in to try to avoid the bug. The main quest line plummeting from L16 to L13 for echoes of the past put paid to that! I'll probably hand a few greys in though the 40Xp here and there probably wont offset the 1000's already lost to the bug.

I think the game could really do with another balance pass when it comes to XP. I reckon half the XP for some of the big pay off mainline quests, add some to the lower non critical stuff and give a bit more XP to mobs. I think that would probably support more play styles than the game does currently.

Yes I still got achievement but that said I'm getting those through GOG Galaxy and can't be sure if Steam/Origin would be any different.

Thats good news, i have the gog version. Im sick of waiting. Im just gonna use this fix, if they dont patch the game tomorrow.

I got this mod that lets me sell all my items at full price but it's not a cheat!

It's not a cheat if you don't do grey quests <shrug> since getting the patch I handed in a couple that I had littering my quest log 40XP here 50XP there. A drop in the ocean in comparison to the the thousands and thousands I was 'cheated' out of by the game :)

It's a pretty useful mod, I hope someone uses it as a base to do an XP rebalance reducing main quest XP and increasing some of the sideq uest stuff.

This really takes the piss. 2 weeks and CDPR were unable to hotfix that nor inform the community abut the nature of the bug, instead letting drama pile up on the forum for two weeks?
No reason to bring that official patch/hotfix stuff to this thread. This is a thread for community-made xp mod fixes afaik.

Nice to have a better version of this modfix. <3 Thanks for linking @Rohelinesangar.

If the patch doesn't come today I'll probably just use this mod and play the game on the weekend. Tired of waiting at this point.

Can someone confirm me that there is no EXP scaling for quests? I mean, does the exp adjust based on the level you are doing the quest with? If red ---> more exp, if green ---> less exp?

Or it's just that you get the same amount of exp regardless of the color?

(grey quest should give no exp in both cases)

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/131/?

This is a bit better mod which only changes the levels for quests which didn't match the ones in game.

Good find!

---------- Updated at 10:51 AM ----------

This really takes the piss. 2 weeks and CDPR were unable to hotfix that nor inform the community abut the nature of the bug, instead letting drama pile up on the forum for two weeks?

I'm inclined to agree, someone made a poor decision (with the benefit of hindsight of course!)

Can you confirm, that you don't get EXP for Grey Quests in this version?

According to one commentor there - you still get EXP for those.

And this is supposed to be the main focus of this version (not to get EXP for grey quests).

I cannot as I am not using it myself. Just though it would be nice to post it here.

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/131/?

This is a bit better mod which only changes the levels for quests which didn't match the ones in game.

If this is really all it took to fix this bug then CDPR really need to rethink their decisions for holding the fix back. I don't care if it costs them a bit extra to roll it out through console cert procedures. Whatever cost that is will be peanuts compared to what they will have made from this game, not to mention the goodwill from happy players they would have had which comes with its own rewards (i.e. freaking good publicity in today's world of gaming).

If this is really all it took to fix this bug then CDPR really need to rethink their decisions for holding the fix back. I don't care if it costs them a bit extra to roll it out through console cert procedures. Whatever cost that is will be peanuts compared to what they will have made from this game, not to mention the goodwill from happy players they would have had which comes with its own rewards (i.e. freaking good publicity in today's world of gaming).

My question is, does this mod break some other mechanic within the game?

I've tested it (shortly). You seem go get EXP for Grey Quests also in this version.

Which shouldn't be the case according to the author.

In which case, it breaks the game mechanics in the opposite direction as the bug. I'm playing fine with the XP bug and have been leveling at an acceptable rate.

I actually have a different question... after you beat the game, can you keep playing in the world (and doing secondary quests?).

Top Bottom