XP Now Properly Being Awarded (PC 1.04)

+
XP Now Properly Being Awarded (PC 1.04)

Just wanted to check and see if anyone else was gaining XP as they're supposed to now? My game, before today (PC GOG Galaxy 1.04) was giving out 0 experience from any quests. 0 experience for main, side, contracts, above my level, below my level, at my level, you name it.

But now it's all working beautifully. I just finished 3 quests, 2 side and 1 a contract and it awarded properly. Hot Fix has been released I take it?

Well that's a bummer. I thought I read that they were issuing the hotfix today and the patch on Wednesday. Oh well. I suppose I'll keep monitoring mine to see if it's a constant and not just a couple of quests that are (are not) effected.

Coincidence. They decided to defer the hotfix and just work on releasing the patch tomorrow or Wednesday.

Whatever quests gave you XP were always going to give you XP because not all quests get glitched. Me personally, I had no issue with any side quests or contracts, but all the main quests in Novigrad were glitched. Destination: Skellige was not glitched either, and I would guess all the quests in that map would be fine too. So it's not entirely random, but it seems that groups of quests all glitch or don't glitch. You just managed to glitch all the "groups".

I must ask, have you ever completed a greyed out quest? Did it happen to be around the same time the glitch started? It's my hypothesis that turning in grey quests was glitching other quests into acting grey also. But I haven't been able to gather enough data to disprove it.

Now that you mention it, It's highly possible. And yes, I'm sort of a completionist which is leading me to do everything. This could have leveled me up faster than what the game wanted thus, I completed a grey quest at some point. Hmmm... you know, these quests that I'm completing right now, the ones that are giving me XP, are new. I've just received them. Perhaps you are right and that doing a grey quest has the chance of bugging out your currently logged quests? Good observation.

If they are hold the hotfix for the XP bug back so they can put it in with 1.05 I personally think that's a bad move with something so game-breaking. The XP bug has stopped many people from playing until it's fixed regardless if there's still enough quests that grants XP and be the level required to finish the game. Granted most bugs can wait until the next patch but not something like this. I myself have stopped playing because of it and them holding back on a hotfix which is ready to be applied simply so they can apply it the same time as the next patch is not a good move in this case.

Maybe they wasnt 1.05 before Consoles PS4/XBOXONE. Because consoler players will rage.

This is all fault of consoles. Whit no consoles "next gen" we have a Witcher 3 like E3 2013 whit no bugs.

:facepalm:

Top Bottom