Yeah, there are things to fix... But also we have things to enjoy

+
Okay, Cyberpunk is an unfinished game due to the hurries it was submitted and has a lot of problems. But, while we are waiting for the developers to fix them, why not appreciate the things that are well done?

MUSIC

It would be a crime that a game named as a music subgenre had awful music or, at least, didn't have this specific kind of music in it. The developers have defended themselves perfectly in this aspect. From battle music to environment music, passing through radio songs, the music concept instantly allocates you in the situation you are living (tense background cyberpunk music while trying to sneak into a building, hardcore cybperunk while battling, certain ethnic tones in Pacifica, latin music in 30 Principales that actually sound like latin music...).

VIEWS & ENVIRONMENT

A friend of mine in this forum recommended me to take a look in the architecture of the city. I knew that Night City was pretty, but since she told me to do so, the city gets actually prettier. Every single detail has been carefully considerated to create an amazing looking city. Even if you are looking it from inside or outside, from a top view or from the street, Night City looks spectacular.

STORY

Perhaps the best description of the main storyline was done by my french friend in this forum: "it's an emotional rollercoaster". I don't want to make any spoiler but if you haven't completed the main storyline, enjoy every single dialogue because it's worth it.

SECONDARY STORYLINES

Sometimes they are short, but they are definitely well executed. Each one hides a secret message representing some of the main existential questions of life: What is reality? What is good? What is bad?... To sum up, 10 points for the developers team.

STYLE (PEOPLE & TRANSPORT)

There's hardly any discussion about the desings in the game. When it comes to the people, the futurist looks and the diversity of styles (depending on the class level and the gang) are well represented. Things change when it comes about cars. It exists a huge gap between the low class vehicles, which are small, square-shaped, sometimes rusty and resembling to the 1970s cars; and the futurist high-class sports cars that everyone dreams of. They represent the two faces of society of Night City to perfection.

In short, it's obvious that Cyberpunk 2077 has still a lot of problems to be solved (I think everybody noticed that), but that must not make us ignore all the good things done until now, which are not a few. So go there and enjoy Night City, mercs!

**This is a personal opinion. Feel free to comment everything you want, but always with respect**

Like in all games, if you only focus on the negatives you end up seeing only that...
Obviously I'm doing the exact opposite and enjoying every minute I spend in Night City :)
Okay, Cyberpunk is an unfinished game due to the hurries it was submitted and has a lot of problems. But, while we are waiting for the developers to fix them, why not appreciate the things that are well done?

MUSIC

It would be a crime that a game named as a music subgenre had awful music or, at least, didn't have this specific kind of music in it. The developers have defended themselves perfectly in this aspect. From battle music to environment music, passing through radio songs, the music concept instantly allocates you in the situation you are living (tense background cyberpunk music while trying to sneak into a building, hardcore cybperunk while battling, certain ethnic tones in Pacifica, latin music in 30 Principales that actually sound like latin music...).

VIEWS & ENVIRONMENT

A friend of mine in this forum recommended me to take a look in the architecture of the city. I knew that Night City was pretty, but since she told me to do so, the city gets actually prettier. Every single detail has been carefully considerated to create an amazing looking city. Even if you are looking it from inside or outside, from a top view or from the street, Night City looks spectacular.

STORY

Perhaps the best description of the main storyline was done by my french friend in this forum: "it's an emotional rollercoaster". I don't want to make any spoiler but if you haven't completed the main storyline, enjoy every single dialogue because it's worth it.

SECONDARY STORYLINES

Sometimes they are short, but they are definitely well executed. Each one hides a secret message representing some of the main existential questions of life: What is reality? What is good? What is bad?... To sum up, 10 points for the developers team.

There's hardly any discussion about the desings in the game. When it comes to the people, the futurist looks and the diversity of styles (depending on the class level and the gang) are well represented. Things change when it comes about cars. It exists a huge gap between the low class vehicles, which are small, square-shaped, sometimes rusty and resembling to the 1970s cars; and the futurist high-class sports cars that everyone dreams of. They represent the two faces of society of Night City to perfection.

In short, it's obvious that Cyberpunk 2077 has still a lot of problems to be solved (I think everybody noticed that), but that must not make us ignore all the good things done until now, which are not a few. So go there and enjoy Night City, mercs!

**This is a personal opinion. Feel free to comment everything you want, but always with respect**

Fear not, the 'concept' of 'cyberpunk' came a long time before the godawful musical racket that dull bands and marketing strategists / lazy managers labelled themselves as.

As for the game, glad you like it, you either will or you won't and that's that, really. Who cares if anyone else doesn't, so long as you do? :)

???
I don't think you can enjoy only parts of game. You can enjoy game as whole, or you won't enjoy it at all.
It's like with every other piece of art.
And sorry what about game being "unfinished"? It's pretty much finished. Maybe they will redone some functions of it. But that's it.

I'm not really sure I am playing the game at this point, I'm on my third play through. I say this because this game is beautiful in many aspects and I find my self exploring more then anything else. I am still finding new things. I'm not particularly crazy about the endings of the main story which I have said many times already so I just don't play beyond that point. But the characters, even some I don't like, are so well done each with their own distinct personality. The voice actors did a great job for their characters. I was a bit skeptical about the music at first, now I think the music fits the 'feel' of this game and found that I do enjoy the music.

But the environment, it's just awesome. Even with my first game with many obvious bugs I was blown away, and now it's even better. So I agree with many of the posts already here, it is very easy for me to over look the bugs and issues and just enjoy the beauty of this game.

I agree with the OP on many points, Thanks for posting this.

???
I don't think you can enjoy only parts of game. You can enjoy game as whole, or you won't enjoy it at all.
It's like with every other piece of art.
Why ?
Honestly, I really can... In some games, I hate some sort of thing, but really enjoy others... so I do with the faults. There are games that I love that sometimes make me want to break my controller...
I don't remember one game, where I entirely enjoyed everything, there is always something wrong... for me, a perfect game in all point, it's seem utopic :)
In Cyberpunk, I see civilians/cars spawns just in front of me... I don't gonna lie, I see all the "bad things", but I don't care (and I forgot them downright when I go see Judy) :D

Why ?
Honestly, I really can... In some games, I hate some sort of thing, but really enjoy others... so I do with the faults. There are games that I love that sometimes make me want to break my controller...
I don't remember one game, where I entirely enjoyed everything, there is always something wrong... for me, a perfect game in all point, it's seem utopic :)
In Cyberpunk, I see civilians/cars spawns just in front of me... I don't gonna lie, I see all the "bad things", but I don't care (and I forgot them downright when I go see Judy) :D
Heh, be thankful that you haven't had a car spawn OVER you and flat line you when it landed. Happened to me, tis' true. I had to walk away from the game for awhile after that one, I was laughing too hard. :ROFLMAO:

Why ?
I was talking about overall emotions. You can overlook shortcomings of game, I don't know why people suddenly have to say things like that. It was always like that. You could not run some masterpieces from past, long after releases. , I'm not sure what is problem for some people...well I kinda get it. It's not game for everyone, story is very heavy and all endings are depressing (let's be honest they are).

I think CDPR misjudged their audience, they should be really better with story in future (in terms of endings especialy). You can make tragic story but it can be appealing for masses, there is plenty of examples, also with high quality art. Don't get me wrong story is excellent, but it feels "niche". Good example is GOT, ending was very good, but not appealing for masses, it can really produces backlash from larger and more varied audience, one way or another.

Depressed gamer (because of ending) trying to express his feelings about game it's not good for buisness. I don't think endings provided katharsis for many players. (not saying story is not 10/10 because it is)

Heh, be thankful that you haven't had a car spawn OVER you and flat line you when it landed. Happened to me, tis' true. I had to walk away from the game for awhile after that one, I was laughing too hard. :ROFLMAO:
I feel strongly identified with this one. I summoned the Caliburn and guess what? When it arrived, Claire's car suddenly spawned 3 metres above it and free-fall :ROFLMAO:

Normally, I can overlook a certain number of flaws and imperfect systems in a game and even some bugs, if the rest is good. There's no such thing as a perfect game.
Unfortunately, I personally could not forgive the terrible endings and the aborted quests and character arcs. Also, there are so many systems and features that feel half-baked, like the Street Cred system, the crafting system, the utterly boring GIG system etc that bury all the good stuff under a pile of "meh".

So yeah, I think the game contains some really great elements, and espcially the team that designed the world did an incredible job, but I can't enjoy it the way it is now. A lot of potential, but only if they seriously redesign some key elements and add to the story.

Last edited:
Like in all games, if you only focus on the negatives you end up seeing only that...
Obviously I'm doing the exact opposite and enjoying every minute I spend in Night City :)
The problem its not the existence of negatives. This has been debunked tens of times already.
The argument its not about existence its about prevalence.

The negatives were so many and abundant that experience was no longer to be enjoyed.
One pays to enjoy a game as a hobby and relax not to start becoming a pc expert and software expert in trying endlessly to tune pc hardware and software to make something enjoyable.
One pays for a game not to became a tester for free for a company but to have fun.

MUSIC

VIEWS & ENVIRONMENT

STORY

SECONDARY STORYLINES

Everything you mentioned here, is pretty much what carries the game, at least for me. And I think the vast majority will agree with you, that these things are good, and in some cases even some of the absolute best in gaming.

I also think that is one of the reasons so many people are upset or annoyed, is because it could have been an absolute killer of game, if it weren't due to the massive issues with the rest of the game.

CP might receive a lot of criticism, but most of it, is not the same kind of criticism that you for instance would see with other games, which are just "bad" games, because the majority of people that have played it, seem to have spend a huge amount of time in it, and have had a very good time in general, but simply becomes aware of these major issues, which they then comment on, because the game have so much potential had it not been rushed to launch.

Normally, I can overlook a certain number of flaws and imperfect systems in a game and even some bugs, if the rest is good. There's no such thing as a perfect game
Unfortunately, I personally could not forgive the terrible endings and the aborted quests and character arcs.
This is why I don't play beyond 'the point of no return' . I'm almost there now on my third play through. There are a lot of mixed feelings on this one issue, some players don't care or say that it fits the Cyberpunk world, and others like myself feel that out of all this, there should be at least one good / happy ending.

My rules for a game of this caliber are simple:

Game should have variety of endings and at least one good happy / good ending.
Game should be 'convertible' in the sense that the player should have their choice or be able to switch to 3rd person or 1st person view.
Most games should have a 'character creator' to create your character instead of having one 'preset' character'. Obviously there would be some exceptions to this, eg: TW3 and a few others, but I rarley play games with preset characters. As much as I enjoy this game, the character creation is (in my opinion) very weak. I could use Saints Row 3 as an example of a good character creation.

This is why I don't play beyond 'the point of no return' . I'm almost there now on my third play through. There are a lot of mixed feelings on this one issue, some players don't care or say that it fits the Cyberpunk world, and others like myself feel that out of all this, there should be at least one good / happy ending.

Game should be 'convertible' in the sense that the player should have their choice or be able to switch to 3rd person or 1st person view.
Most games should have a 'character creator' to create your character instead of having one 'preset' character'. Obviously there would be some exceptions to this, eg: TW3 and a few others, but I rarley play games with preset characters. As much as I enjoy this game, the character creation is (in my opinion) very weak. I could use Saints Row 3 as an example of a good character creation.

I don't ususally like first person games, especially not RPGs, but it kinda makes sense in CP2077 because of Johnny. It would be a bit weird if we could see him in third person when he's only suppsed to exist in V's field of vision. But 3rd person cut scenes would have been nice.

As for character creator...I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, you can use the character creator if you don't like the standard character's face. On the other hand, if you only have one specific preset character, devs can really focus on making that one look unique and realistic, with good motion capture etc. Personally I like it best when it is like in Mass Effect. Standard Shep is THE face of the series and I would have never dreamed of creating my own charcter, because his face just works. Bu if for some reason I hadn't liked him, I would still have been able to create my own character.

Well...in CP2077 the point is kind of moot, since you almost never see your character's face anyway...

You talk about design choices. Point me to game with excellent FPP combined with excellent TPP. I'm waiting. That's next unrealistic expectation to have, we are 6 months after release, and some people still dreaming. [...]

FPP quality is top notch, with excellent body presence, combined with tricks during scenes when you can feel you mass of your body.
[...] Clear design choice is : player never lose controle over character, during dialogues,during combat and other activiites. That's impossible with TPP cutscenes. And that's not new idea, it was done for in HL1 but for some reason people forgot you can make games like that...
Also opinion about character customization is just echo of other opinions, because clearly, you can see what you wear all the time, you can even hear different sounds from different clothes.
You see your skin color, fingers (even tits, junk)all the time, and it's part of character customization.
Endings don't have to be happy, they are good as they are, they probably went for bitter-sweet ending, but they are more bitter than sweet, this is next unrealistic expectation because it's hard for me to even remember one cyberpunk movie with hollywoodish "good"ending.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom