Yeah, there are things to fix... But also we have things to enjoy

+
Music direction kind of fits the overall theme of CP2020 / CP2077, I think. You know, all this "fight the system" punk-like vibe, a lot of grafitti on the walls, people with mohawk / punk hairstyles etc. - so the hard rock / metal seems to fit all this. HOWEVER, there seems to be too much of that: when I take a stroll through the streets, most of the time I hear a couple of the same rock / metal songs flowing from those radios scattered in the city, just as if those various gang people, merchants and junkies hardly new any other music genre. Kind of 1-dimentional approach to me. I heard though in one interview with Adam Badowski, head of CP team, that he generally favours hard guitar music, so I wouldn't think it very impossible that he had some influence on the choice of music in the game. Just a loose theory though :) , not indending to offend anyone with some false "accusations".

I listened to metal music long ago (with some more extreme options included), so I'm not that unfamiliar with this kind of sound, but right now prefer electronic music, with emphasis on calm, atmosphere-building tunes. There's very little of that stuff here, too little in my opinion, because it would fit this universe as well - electronic music in general fits sci-fi, be it cyberpunk or space opera or whatever, so I don't see why it couldn't be a bit more frequent in this game, just to counterbalance the hard stuff. I miss an ambient radio station for example.

I also had a feeling (slightly contrary to my mention of calm ambient stuff) that music creators could have taken a bit more courage and provide us with some absolutely sick and alien compositions (with some insane choices of instruments and beats), just to create an impression that we entered a strange musical universe of different age, something that has not come yet in our reality. Sure, there are some crazy tunes and experimentations, but it could have been even more extreme in that sense, I guess. I also don't mean that all music in the game should be like this, because then it would probably be unbearable ;)

Oh well, just my two cents on music. :)

Last edited:
I also had a feeling (slightly contrary to my mention of calm ambient stuff) that music creators could have taken a bit more courage and provide us with some absolutely sick and alien compositions (with some insane choices of instruments and beats), just to create an impression that we entered a strange musical universe of different age, something that has not come yet in our reality. Sure, there are some crazy tunes and experimentations, but it could have been even more extreme, I guess. I also don't mean that all music in the game should be like this, because then it would probably be unbearable ;)
Or they could have just used a Wax Trax! Compilation. It can already be regarded vintage mainstream-y. ;)

...did you just played very defensively and waited a lot for your RAM to fill and kill them from afar slowly? Or I suppose there are some legendary operating systems that can give you fast RAM return.....but you have to kinda cheat and already know their locations. I suppose they can have them require high stats to prevent that....
But unless you specialize in int and quickhacks - sorry, but I don't believe you that you can be so powerful with no stats.
Yep there are :)
Legendary Ex-Disk + Rare RAM Upgrade + Rare Memory Boost
With that, few perks and good Cyberdeck (like Tetratonik Rippler mk4) you'll never run out of RAM (or rarely against boss).

You talk about design choices. Point me to game with excellent FPP combined with excellent TPP. I'm waiting. That's next unrealistic expectation to have, we are 6 months after release, and some people still dreaming. [...]

FPP quality is top notch, with excellent body presence, combined with tricks during scenes when you can feel you mass of your body.
[...] Clear design choice is : player never lose controle over character, during dialogues,during combat and other activiites. That's impossible with TPP cutscenes. And that's not new idea, it was done for in HL1 but for some reason people forgot you can make games like that...
Also opinion about character customization is just echo of other opinions, because clearly, you can see what you wear all the time, you can even hear different sounds from different clothes.
You see your skin color, fingers (even tits, junk)all the time, and it's part of character customization.
Endings don't have to be happy, they are good as they are, they probably went for bitter-sweet ending, but they are more bitter than sweet, this is next unrealistic expectation because it's hard for me to even remember one cyberpunk movie with hollywoodish "good"ending.

Fpp in cyberpunk is tunnelvision.. You are nothing that a cam with a pair of arms and legs glued in to it is perspectively wrong like 98% of Fps.
Design choice: Player never lose control over character.
Wrong: There is not character agency in cyberpunk 2077 only limited player agency. You don't play a character you play a premade genderless geralt that can be customized and altered but that's it. (Terrible design choice as the source material comes from a pen and paper)
CHaracter customization is overwlmly limited by presets there are games with less budget that can make you have a customization that cyberpunk pales in comparsion.
I agree with the ending however the game had violent time skip rushing part and felt in many corner that whole character arcs were totally cut out.

I don't blame the developers they truly hard worked for this game.
But the whole team of decision makers sorry if i sound harsh but should be looking for a job.

The game has some nice music. And a great artstyle but that's it. Some good moments in the story and some good character.
Thing is if i am looking only for a story and good character and a good artstyle i watch a movie i don't play a rpg.

And cyberpunk failed at what is more important in a RPG the roleplay department.

I love Cyberpunk and have played it for just over 450 hours in multiple playthroughs. Where I frequently just enjoyed the environment or ride around in a car listening to the music and looking around at the architecture.

I played this game on PC and the few issues I had were swiftly solved by Project Red. So currently I am waiting for new content.

edit: spelling error

Last edited:
Fpp in cyberpunk is tunnelvision.. You are nothing that a cam with a pair of arms and legs glued in to it is perspectively wrong like 98% of Fps.
Design choice: Player never lose control over character.
Wrong: There is not character agency in cyberpunk 2077 only limited player agency. You don't play a character you play a premade genderless geralt that can be customized and altered but that's it. (Terrible design choice as the source material comes from a pen and paper)
CHaracter customization is overwlmly limited by presets there are games with less budget that can make you have a customization that cyberpunk pales in comparsion.
I agree with the ending however the game had violent time skip rushing part and felt in many corner that whole character arcs were totally cut out.

But the whole team of decision makers sorry if i sound harsh but should be looking for a job.

The game has some nice music. And a great artstyle but that's it. Some good moments in the story and some good character.
Thing is if i am looking only for a story and good character and a good artstyle i watch a movie i don't play a rpg.

And cyberpunk failed at what is more important in a RPG the roleplay department.

Oh somebody is trying really hard not to enjoy CP:) I wonder what you are doing here, but since you are: I always wonder what people who don't consider CP a real RPG compare it to. Give some games as an example?
...how does V have less variety of characters than Gerald btw? That V has fewer customization options than Gerald is just absurd:)

Last edited:
Does this not mean that FPP is like that in every FPP game. A bit weird to call out Cyberpunk for it even though its just a visual perspective.
Again a bit of a weird comparison. You can find the character customization in Cyberpunk to be lacking, true ... there are games that have more customization options in comparison, but to link this into the amount of budget totalled to a game is nonsense. The amount of budget allocated to character customization is a choice, nothing more, nothing less. Take the Sims for instance, how much do you think is about precisely the customization and how much do you think that means for Cyberpunk, Witcher, Xenoblade X, Fallout?

I agree with you that choices were made that should not ever have been made. But that time has passed and now here we are with those choice being made. So far they're working to fix it, have put out patches for that and still are going to. Same thing for added content (wether this was previously cut or not) So lets hope they've learned, because in the end that is what matters: Game --> fixed, Company --> learns (and not repeat mistakes)
That last sentense... okay, that is a perspective one can have, no problems there. I however am glad to not just have to watch Cyberpunk 2077 on a television screen, but get to walk and drive around it and have more interaction than just watch an entirely scripted 2 hours.
I have to disagree, you can roleplay your characters just fine. What you are looking for however I think is that the role/choices are explicitly available as options during speechchecks, actions to take in game that clearly affect the world and so on.
And thén I would agree that if there was more of that, I'd welcome it, definately. But its not like its not there.

ya1

Forum regular
...did you just played very defensively and waited a lot for your RAM to fill and kill them from afar slowly? Or I suppose there are some legendary operating systems that can give you fast RAM return.....but you have to kinda cheat and already know their locations. I suppose they can have them require high stats to prevent that....
But unless you specialize in int and quickhacks - sorry, but I don't believe you that you can be so powerful with no stats.

No perks, no attributes outside Tech for the QoL of opening doors (attribute points in Tech give no stats despite what they say - no 5% armor per point - so char is still "naked") and no cybernetics outside the compulsory eyes and hands from Victor and the entry cyberdeck. Also, no abusing of tech and smart weapons (obviously can't do without the hands cybers). And a balance mod scaling mobs up to your level exactly, scaling down DoT dmg and upgrading enemy hackers. The game does pose a very slight challenge as you can die if you're careless. But if you don't rush it, it's pretty much walk in the park in how you can abuse the poor old AI. Dmg to enemy health ratio, it's still a little bit easier than Borderlands 3.

I also consider my playstyle organic. I use weapons and clothing that I like rather whats supposed to be good. Never really used many cyberware. Usually just some quickhacks. But I generally have fun and be stressed out, but can play the game at a slower pace.

You call that organic. I call that purposefully gimping your build, which you gotta do because the system is broken. The description of very hard difficulty goes sth like you'll need to optimize to survive. And that's what I expect from an rpg game: I wanna learn the mechanics to be able to optimize my build, get better at it as the game progresses, work for the BiS (Best in Slot) gear so that get my power fix upon finding and testing it. But most importantly, I want the game to throw challenges at me to test me in all that, because if it doesn't, all of it makes no sense.

Meanwhile, in CP, in my first playthrough without any attempt at researching the mechanics yet, at lvl 25-ish, I was already god mode and did not feel the need to get any stronger but I did because why not, and then I three-shotted the final boss. And then I went reddit and fextralife and realized that in fact I my build was all wrong, and with an optimized build you should be in fact one-shotting Smasher not three-shotting.

Oh, and then I learned that in 1.2 they actually made crit dmg and chance mods on armor stack, so they made it even worse. I just hope for the sake of the game that the new lead gameplay dev with scrap everything and redesign the whole system because it is one of the worst in games ever, and this game deserves better.

Last edited:
I feel like 99% of people focus on wrong things to complain about.

Bugs shouldn't ever have been brought as such massive issue. Most of the "bugs" were just bottlenecks of old gen consoles with HDDs who couldn't keep up with the asset loading demand. Sure there was some strangeness happening and there was clip of car flying through the sky... but so far I've noticed only 1 in entirety of YouTube where this happened, and everyone was painting the situation like cars were just flying every time you summoned them, which was clearly not the case.

There definitely was optimization problem quick in the launch, but that should have been quickly been skimmed over with statement like "If you're playing this on the Base gen, not the pro versions of Playstation and Xbox, I would recommend you to wait few weeks for patch addressing performance."

There's pointless arguments about gunplay being somehow weak, but game gunplay was designed with help of CSGO pro players and clearly been designed to be responsive, realistic and that you feel the impact of the shots. Sure you could argue areas like Boxing could be tweaked around a bit, adding some special power moves for these boxers and maybe adding some weak points you could figure out by scanning them, or talking to other boxers near the area... something to make these fights super unique.

There was sure some valid criticism like UI being very clunky at times, and how the quality of choices drastically reduces after Maelstrom missions, but it feels like they got massively overshadowed by these YouTubers with millions of subscribers who were complaining about performance issues while probably running a PC with 3080. Too much clickbait titles and fake anger, appeals for the base generation crowds and so on.

I've never had heard this level of anger when a new title releases and there's not optimal framerate on worst hardware possible. Even Red Dead Redemption didn't run solid 30fps on launch, just running around the city the framerate could dip below 25fps and that's not even counting when you start to blast people and everyone start to panic while cops start chase you.

I wonder if they had working police system that everyone would just laugh off the bugs and performance issues.

Breath of the Wild for Wii U barely if ever reached 30fps on launch day and I didn't see even a mention of it anywhere on the internet, and that game got released for 2 platforms, not 7. Even with 3 years later the game still slow downs 10fps in crowded areas. Why is nobody talking about that? It didn't become popular thing to hate. All the speed glitches and abuses to enter locked dungeon still exist today.

At least CDPR took these special speed glitch abuses and rail surfing out in timely manner and performance is vastly improved from launch. Now only console suffering below 30 is the Xbox One in most situations and probably could reach closer to the target if you had SSD installed.

My biggest issue since the beginning has been gravity killing you from falling from a rock (which still persists today), which should have been immediately tackled out after first initial performance issues.

Last edited:
You call that organic. I call that purposefully gimping your build, which you gotta do because the system is broken. The description of very hard difficulty goes sth like you'll need to optimize to survive. And that's what I expect from an rpg game: I wanna learn the mechanics to be able to optimize my build, get better at it as the game progresses, work for the BiS (Best in Slot) gear so that get my power fix upon finding it. But most importantly, I want the game to throw challenges at me to test me in all that, because if it doesn't, all of it makes no sense.

Meanwhile, in CP, in my first playthrough without any attempt at researching the mechanics yet, at lvl 25-ish, I was already god mode and did not feel the need to get any stronger, and then I three-shotted the final boss. And then I went reddit and fextralife and realized that in fact I my build was all wrong, and with an optimized build you should be in fact one-shotting Smasher not three-shotting.

Oh, and then I learned that in 1.2 they actually made crit dmg and chance mods on armor stack, so they made it even worse. I just hope for the sake of the game that the new lead gameplay dev with scrap everything and redesign the whole system because it is one of the worst in games ever, and this game deserves better.
You want to convince me that selecting the gear I like to use because I like those best is "purposefully gimping"?! Are you crazy?
You say you play "naked" as in deliberately not use anything, you realise that that is purposefully gimping even more so right?
Also, I never said I was playing on very hard now did I?
"And that's what I expect from an rpg game: I wanna learn the mechanics to be able to optimize my build"
Now who is purposefully gimping into the other direction? Btw, that you want to play that way is fine, I don't simple as that. But that does not give you a right to critisize how I should play my game, and with what. Let me be adundantly clear about that.

I'm gonna close this discussion out because we are seriously threading skirmish here.
So: I'll play the game in any way that I want to and have my enjoyment out of that. I have stated myriad times before I like this game for what it gives me and I experience that any way I please.

While i do agree there are redeeming features and awsome characters in this game it just isent enough for me. I was really looking forward too loosing myself in this game but i just cant get into it. Think the biggest mistake i made was restarting my chars so often in the start. Made a char i liked and ingame looked way diffrent. Specced stats wrong no way too reset, start over. You really start too see the lack of choice when you have done act 1 like 4-5 times in a short time. Really ruined the illusion of choice for me. I get that we cant choose everything, but a bit of a choice in what happends would be nice.

Havent even finished the game since i just cant stand the whole choose your ending part from it. Nothing really fits my V since i hade too create my own story pretty much, and its just unsatisfying (and depressing tbh).

Then the whole fact that its been 6 months and pretty much nothing has happened. Not even word on wtf there planning with dlc and so on. Guess ill give it a try in a couple of years when the game is finished. Over all for me it has been a very unsatisfactory experience. Im glad that some ppl seem too like it and hopefully the DLC and so on will make the game better for me but i doubt it. Anyways just my opinions on the game..

I was loving the music and the visual beauty, not overly bothering my odd bugs and planning my 2nd playthrough right up to the moment i hit the endings which destroyed all character agency and left me, angry and with zero desire to replay the game. So unless expansions offer something that would change that feeling it will remain something i look at with massive disappointment..

Oh somebody is trying really hard not to enjoy CP:) I wonder what you are doing here, but since you are: I always wonder what people who don't consider CP a real RPG compare it to. Give some games as an example?
...how does V have less variety of characters than Gerald btw? That V has fewer customization options than Gerald is just absurd:)

To answer your question:
I am here and rightfully express my concern as i followed the development of this game since was first announced in the form of a teaser trailer many things were told and proved to be all untrue. At the point after all the years the game were swapped from RPG to action adventure in the twitter page and when some people me included raised concern they were answered it was an rpg.

Let me be clear here. I am great fan of the pen and paper setting and this game is not only far from the system of it but from the spirit of it as well. Clearly i never expected this game to be a 1:1 conversion that would had been reasonable.

But i expected a sort of New Vegas approach aka an in depth RPG with deep RPG mechanics a branching storyline and a lot of character agency.
What is character agency?

Character agency is when the world the story change and shape depending on what kind of character you do. In new vegas thing would play differently based on your decision and even on what kind of character you had. A lot of skill checks were coming in to help with is in diplomacy but also in other things. Like repairing a electric station using the repair skill then you could decide if to give the energy to the NCR to New Vegas or the whole Mojave.

The way you built your character has a quite significant reaction in the world in new vegas. And your character was not a defined one it was known as the courier and while having a pass you were free to create the character you wanted as it was a fully fledged RPG.

Now take fallout 4. Stats are not significant everything is handled to the player only. It is clear how Fallout4 and new vegas are different. For istance.

Fallout new vegas is one of the finest example of character agency.

Fallout4 is an example of player agency.

Where cyberpunk stands in this?

Between the super watered down roleplay mechanic the not so great meaningful choice to make and the linearity of 90% of the quest is not only a bad example about character agency but even player agency.

Basically RPG but with the removal of the R.

And believe me i wanted to love this game as again i am a fanatic fan of the pen and paper cyberpunk comes from.

To answer your question:
I am here and rightfully express my concern as i followed the development of this game since was first announced in the form of a teaser trailer many things were told and proved to be all untrue. At the point after all the years the game were swapped from RPG to action adventure in the twitter page and when some people me included raised concern they were answered it was an rpg.

Let me be clear here. I am great fan of the pen and paper setting and this game is not only far from the system of it but from the spirit of it as well. Clearly i never expected this game to be a 1:1 conversion that would had been reasonable.

But i expected a sort of New Vegas approach aka an in depth RPG with deep RPG mechanics a branching storyline and a lot of character agency.

Character agency is when the world the story change and shape depending on what kind of character you do. In new vegas thing would play differently based on your decision and even on what kind of character you had. A lot of skill checks were coming in to help with is in diplomacy but also in other things. Like repairing a electric station using the repair skill then you could decide if to give the energy to the NCR to New Vegas or the whole Mojave.

The way you built your character has a quite significant reaction in the world in new vegas. And your character was not a defined one it was known as the courier and while having a pass you were free to create the character you wanted as it was a fully fledged RPG.

Now take fallout 4. Stats are not significant everything is handled to the player only. It is clear how Fallout4 and new vegas are different. For istance.

Between the super watered down roleplay mechanic the not so great meaningful choice to make and the linearity of 90% of the quest is not only a bad example about character agency but even player agency.

And believe me i wanted to love this game as again i am a fanatic fan of the pen and paper cyberpunk comes from.

Hmm....I never saw what the big deal of F:NV was so maybe that is what I am missing....but still...not an RPG? I still think that is too far.

...can you give further example here? I am not sure I know what you mean:)

To answer your question:

- New Vegas: repair an electric station and decide where to redirect the energy
- Outer Worlds: repair a generator and decide where to redirect the power.
And in the end, everything becomes repetitive, just with a different setting.
- CP could have more choices/consequences quests apart from the endings, and they are aware of it, so I hope that in the future they will keep this into account. The Pick Up is a good example that they can do a good job if they want to. I hope that they will not make CP GTA or GP Fallout clone.

I still say the Story is the absolute Worst thing about the game, as it's not about You, your V or anything, it's just... about how you choose to die, that's not fun that's not engaging, hell, unless you play a very certain way your death is assured due to some deus Ex Machina chip. I wanted to play a corpo enforcer, not some anti corp psycho ghost boy slowly taking over my head... lifepaths and everything seems pointless in comparison.

I still say the Story is the absolute Worst thing about the game, as it's not about You, your V or anything, it's just... about how you choose to die, that's not fun that's not engaging, hell, unless you play a very certain way your death is assured due to some deus Ex Machina chip. I wanted to play a corpo enforcer, not some anti corp psycho ghost boy slowly taking over my head... lifepaths and everything seems pointless in comparison.
- I put the game on my wishlist months before the release, and it was mentioned that the player will play as V, a merc in NC. I agree that they could add more quests, related to the chosen path, but it was clear that V will be a merc.

Top Bottom